World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You don't need to create an account, or log in, or provide any personal details to use it. Not seeing a problem.
Why use a service provided by a data harvesting company when you can use a community approved open-source product that isn't looking to find out everything they can about you personally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Overwolf has a history ad injection(into the game it's overlaying) as well. Not sure if they still do that.

They recently took control of a popular PoE addon and the community dropped it almost immediately, creating their own fork. The Overwolf CEO did an AMA as a form of damage control and it basically backfired with how skeevy he came off.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh I mostly flick my add on managers on when wow whines about out of date addons and then immediately turn it off. There basically is no time to see any ads and I sure as hell would not leave one of these things just running in the background as there is zero reason to ever do that.

Argarth

On the verandah
This is the opensource one. It even manages updating Elvui

I'll definitely check that out. Looks pretty slick and would obviously prefer an open source solution if it works as well as the Curse App.

Similar to kaid kaid , I load my addon manager a couple of times a week, just long enough to update mods, and the rest of the time it's fully unloaded. I never have these sort of applications set to auto-start, and they're never left running in the background as I have no use for the overlay injectors or any other "features" they offer.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The one Dom linked is the best option. Twitch made a dumb call so fuck their app, and the overwolf shit is straight aids malware.

Also I really hope Bliz caves in and makes the stupid covenant things just easy to switch between. They don't need to be easy enough to switch from raid to M+ on a whim but you shouldn't feel like you are limiting yourself either.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The thing with Overwulf is I fear they are going to send out a bunch of cease and desists to every application using the Curseforge API. If they are successful in doing that, they will be the only game in town for WoW addons. WoW Interface just isn't that great.

Burns

The thing with Overwulf is I fear they are going to send out a bunch of cease and desists to every application using the Curseforge API. If they are successful in doing that, they will be the only game in town for WoW addons. WoW Interface just isn't that great.

As long as you can still use the curse website and download the mods manually, I don't see an issue with this. They want all traffic though hubs they control, since they are paying for the bandwidth those other mods use.

If they require using the app to get mods from them, then I guess I will be rather annoyed and stick to using only ElvUI (and DBM/BigWigs from GitHub).

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Class design seems great in almost all cases in this expansion. There's a few ones still needing a good amount of work (like Frost DK) but all of my most-played specs are fun to the point that I can't focus on just one. The de-pruning did a lot of good.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Class design seems great in almost all cases in this expansion. There's a few ones still needing a good amount of work (like Frost DK) but all of my most-played specs are fun to the point that I can't focus on just one. The de-pruning did a lot of good.
the class design for frost dk's are fine, i think... they just need little buff to their damage, and maybe better gear will fix that going forward in the expac, but i feel like of all the classes i've played this expac, my main, frost dk just took a nose dive damage wise. initially i thought it was that so much of my damage was due to borrowed power azerite stuff, but i haven't felt that dip any where NEAR as hard as i've felt it on my dk.

i love the roll and playstyle of frost dk's, i don't even need them to be top 3 dps or anything. it just feels like all of a sudden my abilities are hitting about as hard as 4 year old with a pillow

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
the class design for frost dk's are fine, i think... they just need little buff to their damage, and maybe better gear will fix that going forward in the expac, but i feel like of all the classes i've played this expac, my main, frost dk just took a nose dive damage wise. initially i thought it was that so much of my damage was due to borrowed power azerite stuff, but i haven't felt that dip any where NEAR as hard as i've felt it on my dk.

i love the roll and playstyle of frost dk's, i don't even need them to be top 3 dps or anything. it just feels like all of a sudden my abilities are hitting about as hard as 4 year old with a pillow
We should be seeing some big balance passes in the next week or so before the mythic nonsense starts up so I would not be too worried right now.

Argarth

On the verandah
Anyone here playing a Priest? Haven't bought SL yet, but if/when, will most likely be to try out the Shadow rework. I believe Holy got some love as well, so interested there also.

Watched a few videos as per usual, but always looking for another opinion. Unlikely to be raiding (much) so world/dungeons and maybe some pvp.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1606961552823.png

• 1Picard