World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
EDIT: DBM/Big Wigs and Angry Assignments required
https://i.imgur.com/GMsrCNT.gif

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Story by a bit. If you do threads you want to avoid doing the bonus objectives unless you can do it at the same time as side quests in the area.
Okay cool. Will I be able to switch to Fates at level 59.5 or at 60 and choose a covenant immediately?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not 100% on that one. You can definitely switch before 60, but can't say if you can after you ding.
I believe that is the case. But I am pretty sure if you ding 60 when on the story line you get locked into finishing the story so becareful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Torghast level 6 skoldus hall, 1 death as a resto druid and my gear is 148. There's a power that makes entangling roots do damage every 2 seconds it starts out at like 1600ish. My last run I got two of those I got plus 15% main stat and a total of 35 souls so another 35% main stat. By the end of that run it was ticking for over 6,000 damage. Here's the kicker rooting things doesn't put you in combat and there's only a handful of elites that build immunity The wing bosses and some of the special elites everything else you can just root rot without ever being in combat. And then what I do is I just drag a maw rat around none of my stuff AoEs if I don't want it to.

Then for bosses just stack up the rake moonfire do more damage on a single target and if you can get the one that increases your damage by 50% when you have three periodic effects it's ridiculous.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Leveling up an alt is it better and faster to do Threads of Fates or do story mode again?
I'd do Threads anyway as the story is tedious. I hit 60 2/7ths into Revendreth with only Bastion side quests and no dungeons.

Malkav

French Madman
I believe that is the case. But I am pretty sure if you ding 60 when on the story line you get locked into finishing the story so becareful.

I think they changed it with a hotfix. I remember reading a patch note saying you could now switch to ToF at 60.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd do Threads anyway as the story is tedious. I hit 60 2/7ths into Revendreth with only Bastion side quests and no dungeons.
Not sure how that is possible? Even doing Story + Sides in Bastion takes you to at most 56 (in my experience). I'm currently doing a ToF alt, started in Ardenweald (which seems buggy for ToF) and left there at 56 after all the side quests available, the bonus objectives and a few WQ's. In Bastion now, so expecting to hit 60 there too.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Are people stacking things like Judgement of the Arbiter in static groups? The whole 'arcing to another player' business seems like it might be crazy nice.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not sure how that is possible? Even doing Story + Sides in Bastion takes you to at most 56 (in my experience). I'm currently doing a ToF alt, started in Ardenweald (which seems buggy for ToF) and left there at 56 after all the side quests available, the bonus objectives and a few WQ's. In Bastion now, so expecting to hit 60 there too.
I left Bastion at 55, Maldraxxus at 57 and Ardenweald at 59.

I did every sidequest in Bastion, I did the quests in the areas I was sent to for the campaign in Maldraxxus then purposefully only did campaign quests in Ardenweald/Revendreth to avoid hitting max level early.

War Mode on, picked ~60 herbs, no dungeons or heirlooms. I don't think I killed that many extra enemies and I played one day at the weekend and a couple of evenings. I was only ever signposted to Necrotic Wake, I had no quests for other dungeons.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The speed difference large enough to worry about. The main thing to consider between threads and story levelling is that the story is very directed, with threads being free form (not having to do the same quest routes again). Go with whichever format works better for you.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Torghast level 6 skoldus hall, 1 death as a resto druid and my gear is 148. There's a power that makes entangling roots do damage every 2 seconds it starts out at like 1600ish. My last run I got two of those I got plus 15% main stat and a total of 35 souls so another 35% main stat. By the end of that run it was ticking for over 6,000 damage. Here's the kicker rooting things doesn't put you in combat and there's only a handful of elites that build immunity The wing bosses and some of the special elites everything else you can just root rot without ever being in combat. And then what I do is I just drag a maw rat around none of my stuff AoEs if I don't want it to.

Then for bosses just stack up the rake moonfire do more damage on a single target and if you can get the one that increases your damage by 50% when you have three periodic effects it's ridiculous.
I cant remember which dungeon was which this week, but layer 6 on the right - I got +100% armor, stacked strength animas, had an anima that procced stun enemy for 5 seconds from abilities, got the heal for 5% of max health three times (Whether I just procced it more often or it healed for 15% of max health, I couldnt tell. It would just heal me to full non stop.) and my ol' trusty Judgement procs Wrath > Wrath has 5 charges > stack Wrath Damage > Wrath can cast justice (stun). After the last boss (which I could just stand there, face tank and not give a shit about interrupts - I had 61k hp, 9,460 armor and killed the boss within 30 seconds as a tank. Incredibly stupid type of fun that run with such a perfect roll on anima. The only time I was maybe having a slog of a time was with the Wooo-Hoo-Im'a-Murder-Yooouuu's is when I had maxed out their crowd control stamina and couldnt stun them anymore.

ek98f20yod461.png

I feel like every time they balance Torghast to be more accessible to DPS - they do nothing to increase the difficulty for tanks. So now, that Elite that was nerfed in one way or another for the DPS to take down more easily - is even more of a face roll for a tank spec. Blizzard Devs need to me more inventive with how to combat that. A stacking debuff that decreases armor, or decreases HP would be an easy way out. I think there are already enough mechanics in Torghast AND the Maw that make you lose control of your character (which is awful game play imo), but .5 second stuns wouldnt be out of the question to keep you from pulling groups like I was. Or, instead of the brain dead traps - they could do aura-emitting objects that do damage/stun/decrease armor or hp/etc. Point being, the more they fix Torghast for the weaker specs/classes, the more they ruin it for other specs/classes. Completely disregarding whether those players are just playing better or not on the classes that are more challenged. (So far Prot Pally is just a snooze fest, regardless of Anima roll.)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly giving tanks some cookies to encourage more people to figure out their tank spec and use it and gear it does not strike me as a bad thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Prot paladin shouldn’t be used as a baseline right now for balance. I’m fine with torghast leaning more towards fun and not towards highly fucking annoying.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Fun is subjective.

I kind of just think it needs to be challenging to some degree on all classes/specs. Stuns would effect all classes, some more than others so thats probably not a good direction. But a stacking armor debuff would go a long ways towards slowing down tanks in particular. Most of us are already accustomed to them anyways. That would be almost unnoticeable to a DPS class in comparison. While I beat on a group of elites for a couple minutes, I would have gained several more stacks than a DPS that beat on the same group for a third of that time.

If every class can complete it all without issue, which is the direction its headed - then Torghast will just be "something else I have to do" for the week and thats it. When in reality, it could be so much more.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I left Bastion at 55, Maldraxxus at 57 and Ardenweald at 59.

I did every sidequest in Bastion, I did the quests in the areas I was sent to for the campaign in Maldraxxus then purposefully only did campaign quests in Ardenweald/Revendreth to avoid hitting max level early.

War Mode on, picked ~60 herbs, no dungeons or heirlooms. I don't think I killed that many extra enemies and I played one day at the weekend and a couple of evenings. I was only ever signposted to Necrotic Wake, I had no quests for other dungeons.
Ah ok, I misunderstood your post. I was thinking that you only did Bastion + Revendreth. =)

Daidraco

If you're leveling a character fresh - everything scales to you. You might as well farm Avowed rep in Revendreth. The Shadestone that you get from Alchemy is a daily transmute that sells for $$. Im doing this with my Monk as a second source and its working fine. The grind is far more tolerable when its helping you level a character and the groups you can join do that shit quick af.