World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sledgefist rage is pretty funny. He busts out MS Paint I died.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I forgot where I was posting for a minute.

What's the best way to gear up a fresh 50 going into Shadowlands with shit gear and heirlooms to ease the levelling experience through content that doesn't give out much gear.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I forgot where I was posting for a minute.

What's the best way to gear up a fresh 50 going into Shadowlands with shit gear and heirlooms to ease the levelling experience through content that doesn't give out much gear.
The content gives plenty of gear while leveling up through basic quests. This is wow you dont even need gear to level could probably do it in white level1 gear. Not sure what the fuck shit you are thinking.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The content gives plenty of gear while leveling up through basic quests. This is wow you dont even need gear to level could probably do it in white level1 gear. Not sure what the fuck shit you are thinking.
That I want to pull 10 mobs instead of 5 etc... You know, the shit you do while levelling, but isn't as easy to do when you aren't going into an expansion which high ilvl gear. The same basic fucking concept that has existed in the game since the first one. Not sure how the fuck this is a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Pre-patch event would have been the way to go, but other than that, can still buy the epic combatant's crafted gear from BFA to start off.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That I want to pull 10 mobs instead of 5 etc... You know, the shit you do while levelling, but isn't as easy to do when you aren't going into an expansion which high ilvl gear. The same basic fucking concept that has existed in the game since the first one. Not sure how the fuck this is a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Seriously, you don't need anything. I just leveled up a character from 0 to 50 and went right from questing gear from WotLK to Shadowlands. Then I leveled up my current level 50 in much better BFA gear and the difference was negligible. I really don't think any time spent getting better gear on your fresh 50 would be worthwhile because it will make such a tiny difference and you'll replace it so quickly.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Pre-patch event would have been the way to go, but other than that, can still buy the epic combatant's crafted gear from BFA to start off.
The ilvl on these seem too low to be worth the gold. Seems like it will just be better to craft a set of shadowlands gear with crafter mark's to drop the level req. Get some skillups in the process as well.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Wasn't quite sure how the whole crafters mark thing actually works, but that sounds like the better option then.
The base craft is the default ilvl of the piece, but you can use crafter's marks to lower the ilvl and thus the level req. Not sure if you can boost the level or not.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sledgefist rage is pretty funny. He busts out MS Paint I died.

He knew he drew a dick, the cheeky bastard.

But hes not wrong - that Raid is ball slamming. For a normal, I just did not expect what we've been going through with people that are relatively geared and not pants on head retarded. If thats how its meant to be, I .. I just dont know how I feel about that. Normal mom and pop raiding guilds are going to implode.

• 1Solidarity

Burns

The base craft is the default ilvl of the piece, but you can use crafter's marks to lower the ilvl and thus the level req. Not sure if you can boost the level or not.

Marks can make Shadowlands gear into the following:

Mk. 0 = ilevel 87 (level 50 required)
Mk. 1 = ilevel 117 (level 55 required)
Mk. 2 = ilevel 168 (level 60 required)(can only use on Shadow*armor* rare quality set)(Requires Maw Rep to buy MK2 Pattern)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Toghast lvl 5 kind of sucks. I'm playing Ret and it feels like a slog. The stupid dogs that spawn when out of combat and bad RNG on movement speed skills just make it a pain in the ass. It isn't even hard as much as its tedious. I had to quit on lvl 5 of layer 5 yesterday because the baby woke up early from a nap and then today I bailed because I was just annoyed at the stupid dogs spawning and how long it felt like it was taking. I try to keep a mawrat alive whenever possible so the dogs don't spawn but as the majority of my skills are AoE that doesn't always work. 3 more layers after this, maybe I'll respec to prot when doing these runs?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Im watching limit do danathrius on Heroic while I finish up some work for the day and this fight looks very... involved. Especially for the first tier.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Give it three more weeks and it's gonna lose that new car smell and you guys will realize this is BFA with a new coat of paint.

Daidraco

Give it three more weeks and it's gonna lose that new car smell and you guys will realize this is BFA with a new coat of paint.
We’ll see. I just don’t feel like a “may fly” just because the raid isn’t very tuned lol. I’m just second guessing myself when it comes to leading or helping lead a raid group, much less two. If it was anything like normal emerald nightmare, I wouldn’t have an issue with it.
But ffs, im not sure I even knew what was going on for dps or healers at times. They were out there playing football with some potions. Pouring out the Gatorade cooler that Karen brought to practice. The healers were drawing new field lines for scoring. Meanwhile the other team is just popping up out of no where and chunking my ass with 3 stacks of “stfu and take it pussy”.
That doesn’t sound very “normal” type of third to fifth boss, to me.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Leveling up an alt is it better and faster to do Threads of Fates or do story mode again?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know its late notice but I'm running a pickup group normal tonight at 9EST. Message me in game on Horde if you want in and I'll see if we have spots. Currently all roles available. (1 tank, 1/2 healers, rest dps prefer range but would also take a DH and War for their buffs)

Message Penance#1464

EDIT: DBM/Big Wigs and Angry Assignments required