World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What healers do we already have? I have 3 at 60 (shaman druid and monk).
Shaman and Mistweaver monk are our other two. So I guess Druid if you're down for that. - We'll have room for two semi geared+ dps if you join us/get a third solid healer. Without a third healer, we're heavy by one dps.

How far along did you guys go tonight? Did you clear on normal, and hop over the heroic?
We got three bosses down and was progressing on the last one in about three and a half hours. We could have knocked probably 30 minutes off that if we didnt wander around the castle semi-lost because we didnt know which door was open/locked and which locked ones you just had to wait forever for the NPC's to come unlock.

Shriekwing was easy with 2 wipes total. Sun King's Salvation was one wipe - Im not sure if it bugged out or what on the second kill-attempt, but adds just stopped spawning and we had a good minute of being able to do nothing but heal the guy up to full and kill him. Artificer Xy'Mox we had 9 wipes on - that boss has several stop dps moments if you're not trying to kill anyone. But thanks to Uriel Uriel , we figured out a good strat "for us". Council of Blood was our block just because the raid wide damage from Frieda was steam rolling the mana from our two main healers by the time we had her down each time. We thought it was DPS at first, but after reading through the logs - we found the issue with healing after the raid.

So far the raid has been kind of neat. A lot of mechanics fit the theme of the bosses pretty well. The group Im with should have went and did Huntsman and Hungering before Council simply because they are "supposedly" much easier, mechanic wise. But we'll just do that tonight before going up against the Council again. Depending on how Huntsman goes, we'll swing into Heroic and knock out at least Shriek, Sun King and Huntsman and then go back to progressing.

As a side note - this is probably the first raid Ive been in where just about everyone was active in voice chat during the non-concentrate moments. Was kind of nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Druid is actually what i would probably prefer, so that works out. I just need to do a lot of practice.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Raid group last night was solid other than the 2 pugs who were kinda clueless. We were doing mechanics pretty well it felt like. The whole group deserves credit for strats imo, we were just throwing stuff around and tuning based on wipes and realization of mechanics.

I love the visuals and audio of the raid so far, and the boss design is pretty fun too.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Aaaaand one more "their/they":

*EDIT* Apparently a possible error due to a default voice being used. But the immediate neutering from Wowhead remains funny.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I haven't touched retail WoW in a while but simply trying to do this 4 BG weekly and seeing how badly out of control the state of constant nonstop CC on top of insane mobility for all classes is really making me hate playing a warrior. I am not sure how the fuck anyone can enjoy the current state of PvP from as casual player side of things.

Nothing screams fun more so than having control of your character for 10% of the time.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
So I haven't touched retail WoW in a while but simply trying to do this 4 BG weekly and seeing how badly out of control the state of constant nonstop CC on top of insane mobility for all classes is really making me hate playing a warrior. I am not sure how the fuck anyone can enjoy the current state of PvP from as casual player side of things.
I'm trying this new exp and haven't played since Vanilla. Pvp is honestly overwhelming for me atm, too many options, too many spec to learn.

Also feels like individual skill matters less than teamplay compared to vanilla. Seems impossible to do much in 2v1 situations, too much sustain/mobility/cc. In Vanilla you still had that "puncher chance". Might also just be that the avg gamer got better. Not having much fun in bgs, but arena is nice for learning.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm trying this new exp and haven't played since Vanilla. Pvp is honestly overwhelming for me atm, too many options, too many spec to learn.

Also feels like individual skill matters less than teamplay compared to vanilla. Seems impossible to do much in 2v1 situations, too much sustain/mobility/cc. In Vanilla you still had that "puncher chance". Might also just be that the avg gamer got better. Not having much fun in bgs, but arena is nice for learning.
It's complete and total shitfest, meanwhile driuds are doing damage across the fucking zone with their starfall bullshit. Someone needs to go into Blizzard HQ with a tire iron and work over the dumbasses until they remove about 90% of the bloated bullshit from these classes.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pvp fucking sucks in general I've realized as a warrior on retail, so I'm having the same feelings as you Booze. and apparently its a known thing that horde are absolute shit in pvp so its like no one even tries.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
pvp fucking sucks in general I've realized as a warrior on retail, so I'm having the same feelings as you Booze. and apparently its a known thing that horde are absolute shit in pvp so its like no one even tries.
It’s funny I’ve won like 9 out the 10 pvp matches I’ve done so far as horde
Only one I lost was AV

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I think the horde has been inundated by alliance players who were always terrible at pvp. The amount of horde I see running around vs alliance on what was previously a pretty balanced server is like 10:1 now.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First mistake was thinking PVP in WoW was going to be serious enough to be fun. The game just got done with Corruption One shots.