World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
With the spacebar... like everyone else. Why would I need to move my hand to it?

Edit:

Found a secret video showing Chris trying to play WoW with a keyboard

View attachment 323781
It's been a while since I keyboard jumped, just checked it and looks like the thumb covers it. Seems like a waste of a thumb when it can handle all movement instead.

Burns

How is wiggling my thumb slower than you moving your wrist/entire arm?

Moving backwards is actually way faster since you don't get slow walk backwards with a controller, your character instantly faces backwards and instantly runs.

Jumping is quick too since you just click the movement stick, don't need to move your hand to the spacebar or change keybinds for it.

Keybinds, I have as many as I want. 40 at the moment as healer but I'm filling up to 50 and can enable even more. ConsolePort shows the active ones on screen and cooldowns for all of them, so no need to remember them.

Face it, you are a cassette tape and I'm DVD.

Good thing your a healer, I guess. As long as you play particular specs, it sounds fine. Mostly. Not standing in void zones makes one better than 50%+ of the player base, alone.

How would you quickly set down ground target abilities (like warrior/DH/Rogue leap) or AoE heal, to best cover all the melee (like druid mushroom)?

On the other hand:

Tanks cant dodge/block/parry hits from the back, they need to be able to strafe (zig-zag if needed), leap, or backpedal (depending on how fast they have to move).

Melee DPS, in this set up (as you're dodging mechanics):
Target needs to be in front of you.

Hence, gimping your dps.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Method is going to smash world 1st and reveal that they only did it because they all switched to using an Xbox controller.

• 3Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I queued up for a dungeon as a healer the other day, and halfway through I was getting bored because there wasn't much damage going out. I thought to myself that it was time to focus on getting enough ilvl to queue into heroics. Turns out it was a heroic and I had queued into one without knowing. That's how easy they are.

I also did 17% of the groups damage as a resto druid, because dpsing as a healer has mattered since MOP.

The point is that nothing you have said in anyway validates your controller usage. You are an active and willing handicap to your team. "good enough" is not good enough.
After tanking Mythics this season.. When I run a dungeon to knock out a quick quest, Ill queue for a Heroic. I love it because I can pull at the pace I want to simply because I can heal myself, by myself. Am I taking more damage? ya, But who gives a fk when I can out heal trash pulls (which oddly enough is more incoming damage than the actual bosses in any of these instances). Take a 20 minute instance and speed run that shit into half that time, roughly.

If the sideways comments arent being clear enough for you, you're a moron Chris.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Good thing your a healer, I guess. As long as you play particular specs, it sounds fine. Mostly. Not standing in void zones makes one better than 50%+ of the player base, alone.

How would you quickly set down ground target abilities (like warrior/DH/Rogue leap) or AoE heal, to best cover all the melee (like druid mushroom)?

On the other hand:

Tanks cant dodge/block/parry hits from the back, they need to be able to strafe (zig-zag if needed), leap, or backpedal (depending on how fast they have to move).

Melee DPS, in this set up (as you're dodging mechanics):

Hence, gimping your dps.
I just set up the holy priest ground aoe heal spell, you can macro it to ignore the ground target circle and have it cast at your cursor in one click.

ConsolePort puts a little fixed crosshair on the screen for this reason, so you just move the camera with the right stick to have the crosshair be where you want the aoe to go.

Alternatively you can set it to cast at your feet which is good for some tanking aoes.

There's also two movement modes, so you can lock your character to always face forwards to get the behaviour you describe and even do something like bind strafe left/right to shoulder buttons or dpad. Melee is the easiest to play with this setup.

Burns

I just set up the holy priest ground aoe heal spell, you can macro it to ignore the ground target circle and have it cast at your cursor in one click.

ConsolePort puts a little fixed crosshair on the screen for this reason, so you just move the camera with the right stick to have the crosshair be where you want the aoe to go.

Alternatively you can set it to cast at your feet which is good for some tanking aoes.

There's also two movement modes, so you can lock your character to always face forwards to get the behaviour you describe and even do something like bind strafe left/right to shoulder buttons or dpad. Melee is the easiest to play with this setup.

Well, the addon sounds versatile, and after getting over the initial disgust of someone playing WoW on a gamepad, it doesn't sound that bad. Not something I would do, as, after years of use, I am far, far more proficient at using a mouse and keyboard, but whatever floats your boat and all that.

...and it's not like you are using a Wacom tablet or something totally stupid, like that.

Unfortunately, for you, the only acceptable way to prove everyone wrong, is to get into raids or M+ 10 (or higher), upload parces to WarcraftLogs, and link them here. Even then, I'm sure you will still get shit on by the shitlords here, unless you are a purple parcer (in part, due to all the shit you have been talking, about the superiority of the controller).

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well, the addon sounds versatile, and after getting over the initial disgust of someone playing WoW on a gamepad, it doesn't sound that bad. Not something I would do, as, after years of use, I am far, far more proficient at using a mouse and keyboard, but whatever floats your boat and all that.

...and it's not like you are using a Wacom tablet or something totally stupid, like that.

Unfortunately, for you, the only acceptable way to prove everyone wrong, is to get into raids or M+ 10 (or higher), upload parces to WarcraftLogs, and link them here. Even then, I'm sure you will still get shit on by the shitlords here, unless you are a purple parcer (in part, due to all the shit you have been talking, about the superiority of the controller).
Talking shit is fun though! Thanks for taking an interest and actually bringing up potential issues.

I'll probably try Mythics once I've got full 171 gear from Heroics.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
For anyone like me who was overwhelmed w/all the abilities coming from classic - try Gnome Sequencer addon. It's a macro addon that treats each 'cast' command as its own macro, meaning you can put multiple abilities on the same hotkey & it will cast the next one in line if the first is on CD.

Made my life a thousand times easier as a rogue.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Let the man play how he likes it.

I mean, it's pretty obvious by now he needs to keybind 50 things on his mouse so he can use his other hand to masturbate furiously to his ability to heal heroic dungeons.

Chris

Potato del Grande
For anyone like me who was overwhelmed w/all the abilities coming from classic - try Gnome Sequencer addon. It's a macro addon that treats each 'cast' command as its own macro, meaning you can put multiple abilities on the same hotkey & it will cast the next one in line if the first is on CD.

Made my life a thousand times easier as a rogue.
That sounds like it's against the terms of service and will be banned if it gets popular?

I'll definitely try that though, thank you.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
That sounds like it's against the terms of service and will be banned if it gets popular?

I'll definitely try that though, thank you.
It's on CurseForge & it doesn't automate the key press so I don't think it's against ToS.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Merrith Merrith Is 6's still a tossup this week on bosses? I might just do 5's again to hedge off any grief.

I guess what I'm asking is did you fail 6 recently.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's the item level to be accepted into a Mythic and what enchants are around nowadsys?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On general, Ive noticed these ilvl trends in mythics. ~170-180 up to Mythic 2/3. ~185-190 up to mythic 5/6. ~190-195 up to mythic 7/8, ~195+ is whatever you can "push". Of course you can do it with a lower ilvl, but this is just generally what Im seeing when I PUG.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cleared 6 lower on hunter. Might test 6 or 7 upper later.

I heard 8 upper is a waste of time right now due to bugs with tuning.