World of Warcraft: Current Year

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know this level of granularity really isn't needed to play the game at a high level, but it really does help when your coaching morons.

Pretty much everyone at high levels uses this in M+ from what I've seen.

------

There's a new addon for Adventures that people are saying is more accurate, called Venture Plan.

1608835689923.png

It says I'm actually going to win a Soul Ash mission as a Kyrian, so we'll see in 24 hours whether it's right.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You directing that towards me, or Chris? Because I hadn't even seen his earlier post about what he was talking about, merely commenting that there was something similar to what you were discussing with the buff limit with debuff on players, but that I did not know if people knew about/exploited the player hardcoded buff limit.

Directed towards the retard, obviously.

The hardcoded buff cap is a detriment to the players because it means you can only have 32 buffs at once. So Flasks, Elixirs, class buffs, food and other consumables. Plus world buffs like Onyxia, ZG, Songflower etc. HOTs, weapon procs. And can't remember exactly but other things in classic were coded as buffs - like Head/Leg enchants.

What this meant is that if you went over 32 active buffs something would drop off, eg songflower/onyxia.

Meaning some classes, like Druids, had their class cucked by guilds banning HOTs to preserve world buffs

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
How many fucking times do we have to hear the same stupid "rain is wet" bullshit?

I thought ya were trolling all this time, but I'm convinced you're just one of those motherfuckers whos brain is always skipping like a record.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My source for enemy forces needed is terrible. What are you guys using for best NPC groups to pull to fulfill enemy forces for the quickest completion of Mythic +?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it bad that I actually think Blizzard should let creators charge for addons? We'd get a lot more high quality stuff.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My source for enemy forces needed is terrible. What are you guys using for best NPC groups to pull to fulfill enemy forces for the quickest completion of Mythic +?

basically online MDT, which is super nice because I can have it up on the second screen while I run the routes.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Is it bad that I actually think Blizzard should let creators charge for addons? We'd get a lot more high quality stuff.
You have to pay a monthly sub to use the Zygor leveling addon. Obviously I"m not paying $10 for to use an addon but goddamn it is very robust. A one time fee of $10? I'd pay that for this addon.

Capture.JPG

Merrith

Most annoying thing on retail right now is trying to rank up legendary patterns as LWer, and having some idiot always undercut huge on the base item crafts you have left over. Stuff will be up for like 65k you'll have a couple people that undercut by 1 gold at a time, they will slowly sell, then some dipshit will put one up for 35k, and just tank the price costing everyone money.

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Most annoying thing on retail right now is trying to rank up legendary patterns as LWer, and having some idiot always undercut huge on the base item crafts you have left over. Stuff will be up for like 65k you'll have a couple people that undercut by 1 gold at a time, they will slowly sell, then some dipshit will put one up for 35k, and just tank the price costing everyone money.
Fuck that guy so so much.

Burns

The lego base item (tradeskill) leveling system feels bad for the person who likes to make all their own stuff, and avoid the AH as much as possible.

I started comparing prices on the AH to see what it would take to get to rank 4, and sell the extras (as to not lose 1.5+ million leveling each item up) VS. just buying them at inflated prices (for rank 2, 3, & 4). A bunch of people were already selling rank 1 for close to cost, a couple weeks ago. It looked rather frustrating, so I passed on all that bullshit.

Instead, after making revered (cordial) with The Maw rep and getting the MK2 pattern (around the 6th or 7th), I saw there was no competition for 168 ilevel items. So I took a chance, listed a few and have netted ~11 million since then.

Now I don't feel so bad buying what I need with a <made by Shitty_Named_Dude> on it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Merrith

The lego base item (tradeskill) leveling system feels bad for the person who likes to make all their own stuff, and avoid the AH as much as possible.

I started comparing prices on the AH to see what it would take to get to rank 4, and sell the extras (as to not lose 1.5+ million leveling each item up) VS. just buying them at inflated prices (for rank 2, 3, & 4). A bunch of people were already selling rank 1 for close to cost, a couple weeks ago. It looked rather frustrating, so I passed on all that bullshit.

Instead, after making revered (cordial) with The Maw rep and getting the MK2 pattern (around the 6th or 7th), I saw there was no competition for 168 ilevel items. So I took a chance, listed a few and have netted ~11 million since then.

Now I don't feel so bad buying what I need with a <made by Shitty_Named_Dude> on it.

I have the MK2 pattern as well, maybe I should look into that. Farming heavy callous hides is pure ass, drop rate is shit compared to leathers. I was pretty much selling what I made from farmed up mats, and using that money to buy up more hides to make into more crafts to skill up, selling the excess along the way to fun it, but now that I've gotten to Rank 3 trying to rank up to rank 4, the 2's have stopped selling for decent prices (was selling them for around ~90k, now people have tanked price below 40k), and I haven't sold a single 3 when they were up for 180k or so, but now price is tanking to like 110k.

Burns

I have the MK2 pattern as well, maybe I should look into that. Farming heavy callous hides is pure ass, drop rate is shit compared to leathers. I was pretty much selling what I made from farmed up mats, and using that money to buy up more hides to make into more crafts to skill up, selling the excess along the way to fun it, but now that I've gotten to Rank 3 trying to rank up to rank 4, the 2's have stopped selling for decent prices (was selling them for around ~90k, now people have tanked price below 40k), and I haven't sold a single 3 when they were up for 180k or so, but now price is tanking to like 110k.

I also started with skinning, farming all the things people were leaving around while leveling, but that didn't last long. Now, I don't farm shit and have spent ~2 mil just on mats. Callous leather is going for 150g to 200g on my server, and that makes the LW MK2 stupid expensive, compared to the other trades. To maximize profits, you would be better off picking up a second trade that has the cheapest MK2 pattern (using your server prices).

Be aware, its easier and easier for people to get 160+ gear with the catch-up mechanics they have in place. Although, you will be able to keep making a profit at a lower price than other LWs not using a cheaper 2nd trade.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Two questions for you guys who are into Shadowlands.

1. If you swap a covenant and switch back do you retain all the shit you unlocked and researched? Or does Blizzard completely buttfuck you back to ground zero? I know you have to relevel renown but I am asking about all the other random horse shit wizard chore garbage you unlock.

2. Do mobs scale with your gear in the open world because it almost feels as they do, the killing speed between leveling in green shit and sitting at 190ish ilvl feels just as worthless.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Might be an idiot question, but how do you rank up crafting the legendary base pieces? I can still only make the 190 shit and I have no idea what the hell to do to make the next rank (210?).

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Keep making them. If you look it should have a crafting "experience bar" on the item in your profession window. It will show you what you need to rank it up to the next level. Then you'll be able to swap between them.

craftexp1.jpg

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Oh that sounds fucking awful since I can’t seem to sell these for shit. Probably not going into that market at all then.

• 1Like

Burns

Keep making them. If you look it should have a crafting "experience bar" on the item in your profession window. It will show you what you need to rank it up to the next level. Then you'll be able to swap between them.

View attachment 325297

To further expand on this, it takes 15 crafts to rank up to the next rank, and they get progressively more expensive at each rank.

On my server, leveling up leather to rank 4 would cost (not including the single rank 4 item):
  • Armguards: 952,050
  • Gauntlets: 1,195,050
  • Pauldrons: 1,195,050
  • Treads: 1,195,050
  • Waistguard: 1,195,050
  • Helm: 1,489,650
  • Legs: 1,489,650
  • Vest: 1,489,650
Total for all 8 pieces (not that you would need them all): 10,201,200

If you make a copy of this google sheet, you can find out the exact cost per item to get to rank 4, and see how bad it is for you too.