World of Warcraft: Current Year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I didn't mind grabbing the Azerite gear. The neck was what it was-- I never prioritized it.

I just liked being able to grab fast gear in the event zone. Doing dungeon spam is stale. Itemizing Torg would solve the 100 dungeons a week people are running and condense the catchup like BFA had.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but flying was enabled in that zone. That went a long way as well to mixing up the gameplay. Anything to break the same dungeons over and over. Roaming open world flying for catchup was fast and more fun.

if you don't enjoy PvP, there isn't a lot of catchup that isn't completely monotonous in SL.

I'd take those BFA catchup zones back in a flash.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So, you never prioritized the neck, which was required to unlock the rings on your azerite gear.

You thought a once every 2 weeks zone that only had an RNG chance to drop lower ilvl gear from rares was a "catchup mechanic"

And you think people run M+ in SL now that it doesn't even drop gear equal in ilvl to heroic raiding even at +15 MORE than they did in BfA when it dropped gear equal to heroic AND it could titanforge.

Itemizing Torg would at least make it worthwhile to actually do. But ain't nobody poopsocking M+ for gear in SL either. SL doesn't look very good to me. But BfA was probably the worst expansion ever at release when it came to gearing alts. For all the reasons already mentioned.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Once a week technically you could use coins on the boss during the alternate phase, as well as grinding the weekly event zone itself. Not really bi-weekly catchup at all. For rolling alts up fast, it was superior to the same cockdragging instance for the 100th time.

If you don't PvP, catching up is monotonous in SL.

And that's a gottem-- forget about a got it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

The warfront was only up for your faction once every 2 weeks and the world boss changed and you couldn't even attack it when it wasn't yours.

Khane

It seems like there are way less mandatory chores to do in SL which is at least a good thing, which means you'd have more time to spend on alts than you would in BfA as well.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It could be rose colored glasses-- but it sure feels like a lot of cock dragging runs in SL for me right now.

Others can chime in with their alt experiences.

Ulduar sounded great until you get 0 drops.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I might be in the minority but I like BFA as well. Lot of cool interactions in the azerite power and a lot of ways to potentially gear up. I never really felt like titan forging was a big deal, I had a few really lucky ones that carried me all the way past Uldir, but it wasn't like I counted on them or was explicitly seeking them. Liked the bonus rolls as well, shrug. I also had a real fun group of people I was raiding with and that made a big difference.

Rime

<Donor>
TF/WF is some of the dumbest shit ever added to this game the fact that you retarded dick suckers want it back to you can do WQ's and get top tier gear is sad and pathetic. You guys should stick to playing Fortnight.

I would rather have (capped) TF/WF in the game and raid drops like we had in BfA than compared to no TF/WF and half the loot compared to BfA drop rates.

Killing a boss and getting two pieces of PERSONAL gear for an entire raid is rough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Tried the twisting tower for the first time tonight and basically wasted my time and wondering if I had a bad roll, if this is the norm or if I was missing a gimmick. Floors 13-17 were nothing but these shadow mobs that could near one shot me if my cool downs weren't up (190 blood DK and had about 100k HP at that point). The shadows had an ability that every third attack did 200% damage and if I got really unlucky on a large pull even the cool downs weren't enough. I couldn't CC anything and split pulls were rare; died the last time in sight of the floor 17 boss to a 4 shadow pull so didn't even get to see the bullshit the boss would of have.

Rime

<Donor>
Tried the twisting tower for the first time tonight and basically wasted my time and wondering if I had a bad roll, if this is the norm or if I was missing a gimmick. Floors 13-17 were nothing but these shadow mobs that could near one shot me if my cool downs weren't up (190 blood DK and had about 100k HP at that point). The shadows had an ability that every third attack did 200% damage and if I got really unlucky on a large pull even the cool downs weren't enough. I couldn't CC anything and split pulls were rare; died the last time in sight of the floor 17 boss to a 4 shadow pull so didn't even get to see the bullshit the boss would of have.

Are you making sure to use Control Undead as a Blood DK? It really helps on multiple elite pulls.

Either way, sometimes the Anima RNG just is not there and it sucks.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Didn't realize what I was getting myself into, ended up dying on 14.

1610091935838.png

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you MM? Based on the icons I know, you have some strong ass powers. How did you die?

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
BM. My problem is I had like 22k hp and my pet had like 10k from the thing that gives +dmg and -max health each floor that I got on like floor 3. I was able to cheese a bit w/ double cinders from the tar trap (power + lego) and the tar trap practically rooting things.

There were a ton of fun abilities, immunity while shapeshifting, dropping traps on disengage, a lot of mitigation and random damage, etc. But bear was dying in 3 swings on trash, even quicker to bosses was brutal and I was getting tired.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
SL tantrum paused tonight-- logged on my main and did some progression.

Still dislike SL catchup but if I start getting passion back for my main, I can hang a bit longer.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the -health% abilities are probably a no go, especially early on. Otherwise you had a lot of good powers as BM where you shouldn't have been dying on floor 14, so I'm going to say it had to have been the low pet health. Although the Turtle buff you got should have let you rezz the pet at least once with no trouble.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MM is the way to go. I had similar powers and two shot the final boss. Binding, multi shot, aim shot... everything dead.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What layer are you on first off? Did I misread something?

Reason I ask is because survival is paramount in the top layers. Its like the devs are making you choose between high damage, with little opportunity to fk up. Or theyre making you go full on defensive and take 4 hours to clear the f'n place.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Are you making sure to use Control Undead as a Blood DK? It really helps on multiple elite pulls.

Either way, sometimes the Anima RNG just is not there and it sucks.

Blood is all about getting that perma lichborne.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Got the last boss on layer 8 down to 9% today, so almost done with the place. I can firmly say that, if the intended goal was to make this like the Mage Tower they really, really missed the mark. There is nothing fun or interesting about any of the bosses or mechanics. There's absolutely no variety in how I approach my anima powers as a DH. It's just painfully dull and bad.