World of Warcraft: Current Year

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
The thing is with the twisting corridors is basically unless you enjoy it you are only ever going to do each layer 1 time for the rewards. I imagine once people start getting higher gear its going to basically be a joke to run through even the higher tiers.
How is it going to be joke with better gear? It seems to be more about getting OP powers than your gear. You can do 100kdps with 300khp with bad gear and good powers, it's not like your baseline gear matter much at this point.

Rali

Trakanon Raider
I celebrated the release of Shadowlands by uninstalling WoW from my machine completely (haven't actually logged in since Nov '19) and reading this thread, I am glad I made the right choice!

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 6 users

Argarth

On the verandah
I celebrated the release of Shadowlands by uninstalling WoW from my machine completely (haven't actually logged in since Nov '19) and reading this thread, I am glad I made the right choice!
"Wait and see" makes me feel like I dodged two bullets, since I "saw and noped" out of both Shadowlands and CP2077.

I'll definitely take ClassicTBC for a spin when it lands though. Looking forward to some good old fashioned dungeon running. I may be in the minority, but M+ just leaves me cold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is it going to be joke with better gear? It seems to be more about getting OP powers than your gear. You can do 100kdps with 300khp with bad gear and good powers, it's not like your baseline gear matter much at this point.
Most of the real nasty powers work on percentage increasing of base stats so in theory if the base stats increase with gear it should just ripple down and magnify what those powers are doing.

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Most of the real nasty powers work on percentage increasing of base stats so in theory if the base stats increase with gear it should just ripple down and magnify what those powers are doing.
That's true, but if it is compounded like that then the rng on powers is going to be more important than base stats or anything. I dunno how they are going to balance that without making it trivial.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Let it become trivial? The place is boring and needs a massive content overhaul. Which can really be summed up with the expansion as a whole. Good bones, but lacks depth. Maybe we can blame this on COVID, but expecting people to pay that for the expansions box price and then keep subbed off this little dribble of content for 6 months before any major patch is a pipe dream. At least at the end of expansions like BFA, you have a mountain of shit to do for a year.

Merrith

I'm still having fun with it, although at this point I might need to level an alt to see another covenant to really keep it going. Still far better than BFA, feel much less forced to do BS like islands and WQ's for rep.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The uk drillaz are back. Time to cut the legs out of this expansion.

1610046906844.png

nu_11

Expansion was good for only 1 month sub. Everything just turns into a daily/weekly treadmill. It's pathetic... the things that people find acceptable.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If I still had the attention span for these games I had 10 years ago, I'd rate this expansion "ok" at this point. I still login and do some chores, but I don't have much real interest in progressing. That's me, not really the game, I started this expansion knowing I likely wouldn't be raiding.

I think I just need to accept the reality that I'm burnt out on MMO's after 20+ years. It's like getting high the first time, I just can't get that feeling anymore.

FoH started a shuffleboard league yet? Maybe some bingo? Gonna download some Matlock ASAP.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Sub runs out in a week, and I haven't really logged on since before Christmas. I guess I got almost 2 months out of Shadowlands, which is fine for most games but pretty bad for a monthly subscription-based MMO. Blizzard devs are clearly totally out of ideas, and the few ideas they can manage to steal from other games and shove into WoW aren't much fun (boy I can't wait to run more Torghast for ash I don't need). This also feels like an extremely alt-unfriendly expansion - I couldn't bring myself to slog through the on-rails leveling experience again, and the free-form leveling mode they added just seemed like a grindy mess with few rewards.

Overall, I think Shadowlands is definitely a low-tier expansion. It's not as horrible as BFA or Warlords of Draenor, but it's clearly behind Legion or even Pandaland.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Titan Forging just needed a cap. WQ can TF up to Normal. Normal to Heroic. Heroic to Mythic. Mythic to +8 of the max item level.

Feeling the need to run/do all of the content, for a chance at a TF BIS 0.01% roll is/was hot garbage.

They need to bring back set bonuses (They have stated that they intend to in the near future). They need to put a badge/currency vendor in for M+ AND Raiding. Having to PVP to gear up for PVE is as shitastic as having to PVE to gear up for PVP.

And how about some frelling damage buffs/nerfs for outlying classes.
Titanforging should have a cap of your current ilvl for that slot. So you can use it to find sidegrades for items when helping people through lower content.

• 1Like

Daidraco

I dont want to see TF/WF'ing come back, so I guess that puts me in the other camp. I think that system was put in with good intentions, but it resulted in just another grindy RNG system in the end. If the system was ever restored to its former self, I would rather it only WF/TF items up to current Mythic Raiding ilvl. So there is at least an end in sight - which is really what I want to see when I see an RNG system.

I enjoy the expansion simply because I enjoy World of Warcraft. But yes, I agree that this expansion is one of the lower tier expansions and thats rough cause WoW definitely needed a shot of adrenaline straight to the heart. I havent had to pay for the game for quite some time, so Ill log in and fk around till Im bored.. but they could have done so much more.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TF/WF was ok in Mist, got worse in WOD and just escalated from there. Do we not remember TF Arcano Crystals from Legion?

I'm still having fun. Playing semi casually, just enjoying leveling up different characters and running them through M+

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
TF/WF is some of the dumbest shit ever added to this game the fact that you retarded dick suckers want it back to you can do WQ's and get top tier gear is sad and pathetic. You guys should stick to playing Fortnight.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's been tough doing alts again because the content you do is so similar gearing wise. Spam runs, spam M+ etc. . Becomes a little grindy if you aren't willing to embrace WQ catchup renown grinds and raiding.

In BFA we had the catchup zone off of zuld you could put your alt into and gear up in that event zone which took a lot of the grind out of gear catchup for alts.

SL doesn't seem to have something fun alts can do to gear up, which is fine. But you really have to embrace the grind in SL if you're trying to get an alt up fast.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What I would do is take the BFA zuldazaar catchup event zone loot system and add it to Torghast for alts to do.

Let people gear alts through Torg.

• 1Truth!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
At this point in the BfA lifecycle it was probably the worst expac ever for alts. You had to grind your neck, you had to unlock Champions of Azeroth with rep, you had to complete the stupid fucking honorbound shit, and you had to pray you got lucky and got the "correct" azerite gear (the currency system was added much later, and still sucked).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users