World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I’m so glad I quit WoW few months ago. I tried giving WoW a good try and that lasted only 2 months so I canceled my subscription. Hell the only reason I still have the Battle.net app is cause of Diablo 2: Resurrected.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
What they want is for you to subscribe with an auto-renewing method, then forget about it and take the six++ month long break inbetween patches without logging in, while still paying them.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Doesn't affect tokens, doesn't affect subs, so yeah it's either to fight against Gifting one month at a time(for whatever reason) or to get people to use renewals so they can fuck them when they forget. Although I wonder, isn't it like FF or Amazon where you can activate the sub, then instantly turn the renewal off and they're obligated to provide the full month of service regardless? So as long as you do that it'd be fine. Also can't pay subs with Blizzard Bucks I think, while you can buy gametime with that, not too sure if there's a way to make Blizzard currency other than just buying it though.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
What they want is for you to subscribe with an auto-renewing method, then forget about it and take the six++ month long break inbetween patches without logging in, while still paying them.
So it's just like EverQuest when that went on a decline due to rushed expansions with uninteresting content that needed lots hotfixes and patches?

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Just cancel your subscription and uninstall the damn game. You all will thank me later.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There was some video I watched a week ago about.. I think Gamigo? where the company would purchase MMO's and then change the monetization of the game to where whales could whale and barely implement any content until the game died. Funny enough, I could see a lot of parallels to how Blizzard has done quite a few of the same things.

Them adding a cash shop etc. to TBC just makes me laugh though.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There was some video I watched a week ago about.. I think Gamigo? where the company would purchase MMO's and then change the monetization of the game to where whales could whale and barely implement any content until the game died. Funny enough, I could see a lot of parallels to how Blizzard has done quite a few of the same things.

Them adding a cash shop etc. to TBC just makes me laugh though.

Explains the choice to hire Holly all that more.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Blizzard is increasing subscription cost in Brazil 35%.. for reference that's about 10% of the average monthly income in Brazil.

This piece of news coming on the heels of Bobby "Galliwyx" Kotick getting a 200M bonus, and the $200 Blizzshop coupon for 50 laid-off employees, it's like they want to make people leave even faster sometimes.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Blizzard is increasing subscription cost in Brazil 35%.. for reference that's about 10% of the average monthly income in Brazil.

This piece of news coming on the heels of Bobby "Galliwyx" Kotick getting a 200M bonus, and the $200 Blizzshop coupon for 50 laid-off employees, it's like they want to make people leave even faster sometimes.

So you're less likely to get Ragnaros players in everything? Wtf I love Bobby Koticks now.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

Maybe because the cash shop for live doesn't make enough money anymore? The casuals who buy pets and mounts may have already left.

Dunno why they don’t offer better transmogs or special emotes through the shop. I have to imagine SE makes some decent bucks from the mogstore on that sorta shit

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Bobby's just looking to the Korean overlords for how well they get away with fucking their player base in the ass. It's actually a wonder anyone plays fucking video games over there at all with how abysmal the market is there for a player.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Bobby's just looking to the Korean overlords for how well they get away with fucking their player base in the ass. It's actually a wonder anyone plays fucking video games over there at all with how abysmal the market is there for a player.
Bobby getting paid fat bank he couldn't give less of a shit what a bunch of neckbeard nerds think about a game he couldn't care less about. I mean from a shareholder perspective this assclown is your absolute hero. Shortterm profits over anything else. Milk what you got and move on once the cash cow dies.

quote-we-have-a-real-culture-of-thrift-the-goal-that-i-had-in-bringing-a-lot-of-the-packaged-robert-a-kotick-90-32-18.jpg

• 2Edgelord
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I have to imagine SE makes some decent bucks from the mogstore on that sorta shit
Yeah, but FFXIV endgame is more in glamour than WoW, and the emote/gpose system is also way better. In WoW you get ... the sprite darter transmog set.

Maybe Blizzard could embrace the Moon Guard Goldshire crowd?

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, but FFXIV endgame is more in glamour than WoW, and the emote/gpose system is also way better. In WoW you get ... the sprite darter transmog set.

Maybe Blizzard could embrace the Moon Guard Goldshire crowd?
"Once you use this transmog, you can no longer transmog to another cosmetic for 36 hours"

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They could give a fuck less with TBC around the corner.

I know so many guilds and people that noped out on classic but said TBC is a 100% go. They said this before Classic launched. The only thing the masses wanted to know when Classic was announced was "You got some TBC in there?".

Blizzard is going to explode again, bigger than Classic.