World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
New XIV expansion is likely august - I wonder if they’re incompetent (a la WoD) or worried enough about XIV to try to delay patch to hit the expansion? Pretty garbage either way. Maybe they just assume everyone is gonna go play classic BC.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New XIV expansion is likely august

almostaugust.png

• 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Be curious to see how deep in Fall it drops. Prior 2 expansions released in Summer, but COVID has mucked things up. I think October seems likely.

Next virtual fanfest is in another month or so. I expect they might firm it up by then.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Be curious to see how deep in Fall it drops. Prior 2 expansions released in Summer, but COVID has mucked things up. I think October seems likely.

Next virtual fanfest is in another month or so. I expect they might firm it up by then.

Their 5.3 patch was delayed a couple months because of it, but otherwise they've gotten back to their pretty normal release schedule for patches I believe. Not sure if they'll take an extra month or two for the expansion drop or if that extra time between normal summer launch and fall will just be those extra months before 5.3.

WoW seems like it has affected them quite a bit more.

Daidraco

But muh lore!

Such a shit way to fuck customers. Everyone wants to play at launch cause its the perfect time to play cause a lot of people come back. But that expansion cost + subscription is becoming a shittier and shittier business model from the customer standpoint. Barely enough content to make it worth it, much less "quality" content.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

October/November probably, they already pushed it back so they'll probably take their time, still falls in the same year for profit results and that's a good period to sell games and no huge announcement for that period yet unlike last year(even if Cyberpunk ended up being a wet fart). Covid has moved their entire release schedule by several months(4.5 for Stomblood was in January, 5.5 will be in April so that's a 4months difference, although they tend to drift like a month every expansion too). Considering last expansion released on the last week of spring, if you add 3-4months to that then... yeah.

I did find it weird Blizzard didn't delay it further or released it unfinished(prepatch kind of thing) early then finished it during fall to compete. Maybe they have other plans but that's usually their MO.

Merrith

I wouldn't be shocked if Blizzard tries to put out some new content around when FF expansion drops, they did that shit last time around with 8.2 being the week of early access for Shadowbringers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Bought shadowlands and 30 dollar bnet card. Lasted barely a week and quit that bitch. Will save the other 15 for Diablo 2.

Merrith

They must be slaving driving everyone so they can hope to put out 9.2 when FFXIV's expansion launches in the fall.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I don't think they are competing with FF14... I think they are competing with their own lack of content.

• 6Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

I don't think they are competing with FF14... I think they are competing with their own lack of content.

Always, just noted that in the past, they've tried hard to try and push out some content releases close to FF's (which has a more regular schedule)

Daidraco

But didnt they promise that the next content update would have at least 2 months of PTR? ...? If that still holds true, thats still August.

Merrith

But didnt they promise that the next content update would have at least 2 months of PTR? ...? If that still holds true, thats still August.

Goes on PTR in 2 weeks...so mid April, 2 months from then is Mid June, no?

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Even if it is late june, thats an abysmal handling of a live service. I really am starting to believe that this is some kind of coupe that is trying to overthrow the notion that they can do the same pace with less that has been getting worse and worse since BFA. Legion was yugely better at putting out content and thats not even that long ago. The streamers are amplifying the lack of content and how well they did in Legion ten fold.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They've laid off so many employees between now and Legion. I wouldn't be shocked to find out they are working with a skeleton crew, scrambling to get the next patch in some kind of playable state. It was pretty telling that they had nothing to show during Blizzcon besides a couple screenshots.

They are probably going to WoD this expansion and start working on the next. We'll get 9.2 in Jan/Feb of 2022 (or whenever s FF14 update is coming out around then) and that will be the final patch of SL.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm still assuming that we come back from Shadowlands and something like 300 years have passed on Azeroth and everyone goes 'who the fuck are you people??'

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users