World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They could have just made PvE raid gear better for PvE by adding, I dunno, tier sets to raid. M+ gear is already fine because you get that bonus loot for the weekly that's a tier higher than what you can upgrade to.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What does that have to do with anything? This is a new season's reward system we're talking about.

It means far less people will be "forced" to run as much PvP as before since it was the most efficient way to gear up your toon in this first season. Couple that with making the pvp rewards less effective outside of it and you'll see even less reason for as many to PvP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It means far less people will be "forced" to run as much PvP as before since it was the most efficient way to gear up your toon in this first season. Couple that with making the pvp rewards less effective outside of it and you'll see even less reason for as many to PvP.
That sounds fantastic for getting people interested in playing more, oh wait, no.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
So Blizzard did the obvious and is introducing a raider.io system directly into WoW with 9.1. At this point they should also add an automatic matchmaking for M+ according to their M+ scores. If they're going full into it, why not the whole way? It's like convincing your girlfriend to try anal and then only putting in the tip.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
That sounds fantastic for getting people interested in playing more, oh wait, no.
PvP has the inherent problem that a part of the playerbase is just not interested in it, or else we wouldn't have had PvE servers. You can force them into it somewhat with tasty carrots (bonus xp, achievements, gear, titles), but once the donkey had its carrot it sure won't follow where the stick is pointed anymore.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What does that have to do with anything? This is a new season's reward system we're talking about.

Isn't a few pieces of it BIS for DH currently in S1? So this change would probably damage the ability to get BIS slots in 9.1 making PVE required.

It's a huge blow to an already punishing gearing system and loot diet expac. Being able to grab actual BIS slots from PvP was one of the small reliefs from the loot diet.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So Blizzard did the obvious and is introducing a raider.io system directly into WoW with 9.1. At this point they should also add an automatic matchmaking for M+ according to their M+ scores. If they're going full into it, why not the whole way? It's like convincing your girlfriend to try anal and then only putting in the tip.

I'd rather it be done by DPS parse. but I don't know how they'd do that. M+ score is not directly correlated to DPS capability or performance in PUGs.

PUG scene is so bad that I'd rather see DPS output used in any match-making. By tiers. 2.5k 3k 3.5k 4k 4.5k 5k 5.5k

I'd rather have a guy that can pull a guaranteed 5k in my group, who had some shitty luck in PUGs and bad teammates, than someone who boosted their M+ score.

Anyone who knows anything about the PUG scene knows how bad it is right now. Lot of quality DPS gets left behind due to PUG RNG and shit teammates, and some of these shit teammates are 1900 IO. Using DPS tiers is the answer.

I had a pair of tank and a dps both 1900 double pull the front of SOA at the start without lust during Tyrannical/enrage week. Are you fucking kidding me? Key burned immediately, group instant dissolved. The healer called them out immediately. "You're both 1900. disgusting" and left.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Everyone is still going to use raider.io.
Remember when they made a shitty version of in-game voice client. That was really worth the development resources.

It's a shame these dumb fucks don't just pay or hire some of the people who write these mods.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
IG voice actually works pretty well these days, it was shit when it released but it's pretty good right now. I did a lot of RBGs with it.

Cybsled

Remember when they made a shitty version of in-game voice client. That was really worth the development resources.

It's a shame these dumb fucks don't just pay or hire some of the people who write these mods.

If you can find it, Dinoflask (guy who cuts the Jeff Kaplan Overwatch updates into parodies) made an internal video for Jeff’s anniversary at Blizzard and includes a bit where they have him throw another guy under the bus for the failed voice chat experiment lol

Xerge

<Donor>
Strange how the VC didn't work as to same effect the console VC can make game zones lively, for better or worse.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If you can find it, Dinoflask (guy who cuts the Jeff Kaplan Overwatch updates into parodies) made an internal video for Jeff’s anniversary at Blizzard and includes a bit where they have him throw another guy under the bus for the failed voice chat experiment lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Using DPS tiers is the answer.
Three bright ideas Blizzard could steal:

1. Track the number of times when a player was the first one to leave an M+ run before it finished. Display it next to the M+ score.

2. Let people give an award to a single player after the M+ run finishes. Display the number of awards a player received next to the M+ score. Send people who gave out 10/50/100 awards an ingame gift, or make an achievement like "the Patient" achievement.

3. Display a note to all players upon entering a dungeon that states if a player has not yet finished this dungeon (in this difficulty). Add additional rewards to everyone if the dungeon finishes completely and/or add 5% to dmg/heal/hp/mana for anyone in the group.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users