World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
WoW PvP has and always will be an afterthought. It's the bastard stepchild to this game and nobody gives a shit about it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the secret to being good at Havoc is being a 39 year old lesbian with very high FPS and equally high tolerance for frustration.

But actually the secret is kicking literally anything -> Imprison on off-target -> The Hunt -> Stun -> Eye Beam with Collective Anguish legendary.

It's not fucking hard. Fundamentals. Kick swap stun.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Apparently the secret to being good at Havoc is being a 39 year old lesbian with very high FPS and equally high tolerance for frustration.

But actually the secret is kicking literally anything -> Imprison on off-target -> The Hunt -> Stun -> Eye Beam with Collective Anguish legendary.

It's not fucking hard. Fundamentals. Kick swap stun.
WoW clearly nobody would have had tried that before. :emoji_thinking:

Come on Mist I know you are normally dumpy and miserable but today you are being Xeq levels of stupid. Go back to just being Eyeore.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You all just seem surprised that 84% of players get stuck before getting to, or before getting out of, the hump of the bell curve.

Interdasting.

Fucker

Log Wizard
WoW clearly nobody would have had tried that before. :emoji_thinking:

Come on Mist I know you are normally dumpy and miserable but today you are being Xeq levels of stupid. Go back to just being Eyeore.

Wait...just today? She is the poster child for what happens when someone is raised in an anaerobic environment.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Considering only NINETY FIVE US DH's have hit 2k rating in 2's, I'm not sure where you're coming from. Guess you're just a god at the class comparatively, but the numbers dont lie:

Pretty sure that's duelist (2k1) tho, not 2k. Don't think arenamate shows anything below duelist.

2k is def attainable for most classes with a good script and decent grasp of the fundamentals. Still, she must had to go through tons of decent rogue/mage team, which must be pretty hard for squishy DHs. Not a god at the class, but def a very competent player to get 2k as DH, esp in LFG.

I get that WoW arena is hard to appreciate, the learning curve might even be more brutal than MOBA. You have to be willing to accept failure again and again until you start realizing what's even going on. This is an old game with tons of abilities but that also makes WoW pvp quite unique. There is nothing like it. I really liked SL PvP. Only big problem is the fucking covenant and leggo. Imagine having to go Nightfae as havoc and crafting a pvp dps leggo. You can't even tank anymore, rip.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Only big problem is the fucking covenant and leggo. Imagine having to go Nightfae as havoc and crafting a pvp dps leggo. You can't even tank anymore, rip.
I have 4 max level legendaries and I have skipped one or both Borghast runs multiple weeks.

If there's a valid complaint to leverage against SL, it's that Torghast fucking sucks. It was a primary selling point of the expac and it's absolutely fucking awful. It takes me sub 35 minutes to clear both halves as Havoc and I still fucking hate doing it. My Ret won't even bother after crafting 2 legendaries.

The pacing of Torghast is so fucking bad. Huge floors? Long walks between packs of mobs? Having to actually loot corpses for phantasm? Who the fuck designed this shit, the interns?

Legendaries really need to be more unique. Maybe give them 3 gem slots each (1 per rank) and then drop special legendary gems as rare-drops that you can slot into them, either giving a bigger than normal stat boost. Also I feel like they should have a major power and a minor power. Anything to make your legendary feel more unique to you.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I have 4 max level legendaries and I have skipped one or both Borghast runs multiple weeks.

If there's a valid complaint to leverage against SL, it's that Torghast fucking sucks. It was a primary selling point of the expac and it's absolutely fucking awful. It takes me sub 35 minutes to clear both halves as Havoc and I still fucking hate doing it. My Ret won't even bother after crafting 2 legendaries.

The pacing of Torghast is so fucking bad. Huge floors? Long walks between packs of mobs? Having to actually loot corpses for phantasm? Who the fuck designed this shit, the interns?

Legendaries really need to be more unique. Maybe give them 3 gem slots each (1 per rank) and then drop special legendary gems as rare-drops that you can slot into them, either giving a bigger than normal stat boost. Also I feel like they should have a major power and a minor power. Anything to make your legendary feel more unique to you.
Fair point, but that doesn't address the covenant issue. Can you even DH tank without elysian decree? Also, there was a long period of time during the xpac during which you did not have 3+ leggo.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
You all just seem surprised that 84% of players get stuck before getting to, or before getting out of, the hump of the bell curve.

Interdasting.

I gave SL an honest shot. Came back as a havoc DH. Did 3's arena with people just as old as me, so we're not like top tier even with the right class. With 0 PvP gear you can imagine how quickly I died.

/s I have no idea why I was targetted first each time!!!

No worries, I told the team. Once I got versatility up with gear, I'd be good to go! Even when I got above 197 ilvl (again filthy casual, thats as far as I planned on going) I melted INSTANTLY. It's pretty much a fact they're useless in arenas and pvp in general. I mean, how often does *everyone* on the official class forums agree? It's unheard of. My cloth wearing mage survived 3x longer when focused.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I gave SL an honest shot. Came back as a havoc DH. Did 3's arena with people just as old as me, so we're not like top tier even with the right class. With 0 PvP gear you can imagine how quickly I died.

/s I have no idea why I was targetted first each time!!!

No worries, I told the team. Once I got versatility up with gear, I'd be good to go! Even when I got above 197 ilvl (again filthy casual, thats as far as I planned on going) I melted INSTANTLY. It's pretty much a fact they're useless in arenas and pvp in general. I mean, how often does *everyone* on the official class forums agree? It's unheard of. My cloth wearing mage survived 3x longer when focused.
They are not useless, but it is a very rough learning curve and team dependant. You have to respect every single offensive CD in the game. Most of the time, when DH or anyone "melt instantly", there is a clear misplay that lead to that. But it takes a while to recognize these situations. Some classes have it easier and can make more mistakes (like mage) without dying immediatly.

In a typical low rated arena with rogue/mage, rogue is going to blow everything on their first go (blades dance) and mage as well (combustion). You need a response that is appropriate, that is not something you "heal through". You need a solid external (ex: Pain supression at full hp or close to, or trinket big darkness). Then you need to transition asap to offensive and not let them reset. Once you start understanding your win conditions and what's going on, it gets a lot more fun.

One more thing I guess: in WoW, you don't react to damage, you react to cooldown usage. You don't pop defensive when you get hit burst dmg, you pop defensive when you see him pop combustion.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

I see now why people loathe your posts.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Shadowlands is fixed guys, we can now spend over 60,000 anima to earn an extra 105 per world quest.

Since we increased Anima drops a few weeks ago, we’ve seen a lot of feedback that obtaining Anima still feels as though it becomes too difficult as you progress into the later tiers of the features of your Covenant. We don’t want players to feel as though spending 10,000 Anima on a feature upgrade is ever the wrong thing to do. The heroes of Azeroth have made a great impact in the Shadowlands, and continuously defeating the Jailer’s forces should make Anima more plentiful.
With hotfixes that have just gone live in all regions,

• Three new Achievements have been added for upgrading all four of your Covenant Sanctum features to tiers 1, 2, and 3.
  • Anima rewards now scale upward when you earn each new Achievement for unlocking a tier on all four of the features in your Covenant Sanctum.
Now, when you upgrade all of your Covenant features (the Adventures system, transportation network, Anima conductor, and Queen’s Conservatory/Ember Court/Path of Ascension/Abominable Stitching) to tier 1, you’ll receive an Achievement and see all uncommon and rare Anima rewards increase by 1 Anima item. This means that after you hit tier 1 on all four structures, a World Quest the previously rewarded 4 Anima items worth 35 Anima each (for a total of 140 Anima) will now reward 5 items for a total of 175 Anima. When you upgrade all four Covenant features to tier 2, that same World Quest will reward a total of 210 Anima, and with the tier 3 Achievement, it will reward 7 Anima items, for a total of 245 Anima.
The new Achievements will be granted to player-characters who already have the required Sanctum feature tiers when you next log in, and you can start earning the additional Anima immediately.
As always, thank you very much for your feedback!

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh more anima is more anima I don't expect that number to really start jumping until after 9.1 as right now it is one of the few chase things to do and honestly most of the stuff you get from it is cosmetic or covenant hall stuff none of which is really critical to doing anything.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Oh I agree, I'm really just more amused by this fix than anything. Like they could've just increased anima drops across the board or increased the value of the tokens. But instead, as usual, they had to make a new "system" for it that's some kind of half-ass compromise. (p.s. it's not account wide either)

I'll wait for 9.2 or 9.3 if I even bother at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Don't most/all covenants have the 'good' stuff (aka mounts, etc.) tied to the level 4/5 covenant feature? It seems like mathematically it will still be better to get that to 4+ than to fiddle with getting everything to level three first.

(The again, my main is Venthyr, and I haven't bothered to see how long it will take to max out the Ember Court participants. Probably literally years.)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't most/all covenants have the 'good' stuff (aka mounts, etc.) tied to the level 4/5 covenant feature? It seems like mathematically it will still be better to get that to 4+ than to fiddle with getting everything to level three first.

(The again, my main is Venthyr, and I haven't bothered to see how long it will take to max out the Ember Court participants. Probably literally years.)

Considering that's just transmog/mounts, mostly worthless. The only thing that sorta gave actual benefits were the transport network having a portal to Oro once you fully upgraded it, and upgrades to mission table for rewards you could get from that (anima, crafting mats, soul ash, etc). The anima injector thing would open up new rares/WQ's/treasures, too.

I had everything fully upgraded and the main thing to level 4 2-3 weeks ago before i stopped playing. When you need to save 20 souls over 4 weeks for the final level 5 upgrade I just lost interest.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Oh I agree, I'm really just more amused by this fix than anything. Like they could've just increased anima drops across the board or increased the value of the tokens. But instead, as usual, they had to make a new "system" for it that's some kind of half-ass compromise. (p.s. it's not account wide either)

I'll wait for 9.2 or 9.3 if I even bother at all.

Probably 9.3.5, realistically.

9.2 will probably be Blizzard doubling down on Anima systems, adding a new borrowed power mechanic with them, and then collectively pissing off the entire playerbase.
It will be overshadowed by some Nathanos / Sylvanas love story that appears as part of the content drop with an uninspired raid that ends up being paid promoted heavily on Twitch, with either Method or Limit clearing it first followed by the playerbase collectively losing its shit as it did when they realized Castle Nathria was 'just it' for content, after the initial hype faded.

Content will then go on a drought for 3 months, patch 9.3 will be on PTR but ultimately delayed because Bobby Kotick needs another house and they laid off another half of the WoW team to focus on a competitor to League's Wild Rift on mobile, Blizzconline happens again because a new COVID strain appears that goes through the vaccines, and we're all stuck at home waiting for 9.3 to drop again.

By the time it comes out, it's nearing the next expansion cycle in December and we're now hyped about how we're time travelling forward instead of backwards because Chrome took drugs again. They bump the version to 9.3.5, and basically remove all borrowed power mechanics by granting them to everyone.

In 9.3.5, The Jailer dies in a cliche manner, but we find out the Jailer was controlled by N'Zoth all along, some Priest's weapon starts talking to him again, and that ties into the next expansion, "World of Warcraft: Rise of N'Zoth" where they release the game on mobile and console to 'fit the ever-evolving market' or some other buzzword.

10.0 hits PTR shortly after with another ability debloat / level / item squish, and the world gets hyped, thinking, "This expansion won't be like Shadowlands, guys! They promised <x>!", and the cycle repeats.

Oh, and somewhere along the cycle they may update PVP gear, and additionally attempt to balance the game for the current borrowed power system, but end up affecting PVE in some detrimental way as a result. Or vice versa with a new PVE trinket that works in arenas, and is technically better than 40% versatility bonus.

Last edited:
  • 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
L O FUCKING L - You know what this game needed more retarded system bullshit. Get fucked retards.

PvP Item Levels in Chains of Domination

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
In Shadowlands, we’ve been happy to see that the reintroduction of Honor, Conquest, and PvP gear vendors has been well-received by players. Nonetheless, we feel that there is still room for improvement. One piece of feedback we’ve heard repeatedly is that PvP gear needs something special for it to stand apart in PvP specific situations.

In an upcoming build of the Chains of Domination PTR, you will notice that all Season 2 PvP items have +13 item levels in PvP. This means that in PvP situations (such as battlegrounds, arenas, and war mode), the power of these items will increase by 13 item levels. Along with this, the baseline item level of these items will be reduced by 6 from where it would have otherwise been.

If this arrangement had been in place during Shadowlands Season 1, Duelist gear would have had a baseline item level of 220 and would have scaled up to item level 233 in Season 1 PvP.

What we want here is for the different endgame sources of gear to be viable in all content, while the very best gear for PvP generally comes from PvP activities, and the very best gear for raids and dungeons generally comes from raids and dungeons. We believe this small adjustment gets us closer to accomplishing that, while still allowing for plenty of crossover play between PvE and PvP.

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users