World of Warcraft: Current Year

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I really think blizzard fucked it up and it’s their fault, not asmon - I haven’t played wow (except classic, briefly) since cataclysm and have played ff14 for the last 4 years. But I’d MUCH rather play a good wow and would be happy enough to drop ff14 for it if it was good. The wow combat is just so fluid and I like the western aesthetic a lot (all this dumb new furry stuff / heavy sjw narrative aside).

Asmongold is just like the kid pointing out the emperor has no clothes, not an all powerful mind controller.

p.s - @jayrebb etc - what’s so bad about 9.1 specifically?
I like Asmon. I think he's mostly honest and down to earth and I think he has quite a bit of personal integrity. That said he isn't a fraction as smart as he thinks he is and sometimes it's annoying when he acts so cocky and so intelligent.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
For one, world first mythic raiders crying about not getting domination sockets first week and getting benched:

"2 shards from 18 heroic kills and 20 normal kills"
Am I understanding this right? The Dom socket requires some drop and within it you can't upgrade your bis legendary, which is critical in being viable for mythic?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Why watch world first Mythic Sanctum when there's fresh content like Binding Coils of Bahamut to do?
I haven’t cared about a first boss kill since the days of Everquest. It mattered more to me cause the bosses were contested back then.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I like Asmon. I think he's mostly honest and down to earth and I think he has quite a bit of personal integrity. That said he isn't a fraction as smart as he thinks he is and sometimes it's annoying when he acts so cocky and so intelligent.

That's it. He tells it like it is and isn't afraid of the consequences. That's why Lefties and SJWs hate him so much, he doesn't take part in their delusions. Love him or hate him, if more people just acted this way and called out clownworld for what it is we wouldn't be living in clownworld.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Am I understanding this right? The Dom socket requires some drop and within it you can't upgrade your bis legendary, which is critical in being viable for mythic?
Basically yes. Domination Sockets are like the gem sockets from Benthic gear, or from Warforging/Titanforging a socket, only that you can only fit those shards of dominations on it. You get them on helm, shoulder, chest, and then on two other types of armor depending on armor type, so five in total.

Of course you can buy Domination socket upgrades ... for one type of gear (per armor type), for 2000 Stygia, and of course after reaching honored with the new rep. Which is timegated, of course.

Why is this important? There are set bonuses for three domination sockets of the same type.

So, after players bitched about warforging/titanforging and random benthic gear sockets, Blizzard deciced to do better and not do those again, but invent a similar type of system to RNGfuck you over.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
It is also obvious by now that WoW gearing tiers are designed to have big, distinct jumps in power to make reaching a Mythic viable level of gear not as easily and quickly, especially for cases like the mythic raiding progression. The "borrowed power" shit everyone hates is just to mask those power jumps from the itemlevel.

It's just more confusion on the Blizzard side. Do they want RWF to be all e-sporty or not? On one hand they support it with official leaderboards, tuning shit to be Echo/Limit level etc. On the other, they put all these garbage mechanics in to cuck the shit out of them and make it as painful as possible (RNG loot/power jumps, requiring splits, etc). Like, either embrace that RWF is going to happen and set it up so it's a more level test of skill or just forgo the whole thing and accept that the shitlords who do what Limit/Echo/Method are willing to do are going to clear your shit day 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While I agree that its a dumbass thing it's still the dude's passion and hobby (maybe job?) that he is getting excluded from not due to lack of skill or competence or anything. But because on his multiple characters, he was unable to get a good enough roll of the dice to be competitive.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You need to RNG the base gear with the special sockets as well as RNG'ing the special gems as well in a set of 3 of the same class (Unholy/Frost/Blood). And Blizzard buffed the combined power of having 3 of the same type socketed. So it's RNG on RNG.

Why the shards aren't guaranteed drops off bosses in the raid I'll never understand.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It's just more confusion on the Blizzard side. Do they want RWF to be all e-sporty or not?
Here are some theories on why that is:

a) The esport division was laid off before that could be a thing, and the remains focused on Overwatch and SC 2, which already had strong esport directions.

b) They tried to bring the "world first race" under their control, but probably most top guilds said "we'll do our own thing" and walked away from that. Their players are paying customers of Blizzard and can't be forced into another contract with Blizzard. And it would be awkward if a top guild made world first clear that wasn't on Blizzards promotion/roster.
Also because of third party sponsorships Blizzard doesn't approve. For example, these guilds/players run on Twitch, and Blizzard tied itself to Youtube with a $160M deal.

c) Seeing players struggle with RNG loot is the only thing that brings joy to Ion's blackened heart these days. So they let him have his thing so he doesn't talk lawyer with them for hours.

Chris

Potato del Grande
For one, world first mythic raiders crying about not getting domination sockets first week and getting benched:

"2 shards from 18 heroic kills and 20 normal kills"
Wait until he sees the metrics on who how many watched their world first race in WoW and how many watched Asmongold do an 8 year old raid in FF14

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Guy in his moms attic in Texas singlehandedly decimated a multi billion dollar corporation by just making a few offhanded comments and streaming a different game

Consequences were never the same.
Well they’re not going to blame their toxic corporate wokeness and greed for killing their franchise.

That would be too honest and genuine.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
While I agree that its a dumbass thing it's still the dude's passion and hobby (maybe job?) that he is getting excluded from not due to lack of skill or competence or anything. But because on his multiple characters, he was unable to get a good enough roll of the dice to be competitive.
Hobby or not crying over video games to the entire world is some pathetic shit.

30 years ago if you saw some kid crying over a video game in a arcade you would mock his ass to no end.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Didn't people get sat in Legion because they didn't have the right legendaries?

• 1Truth!

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Well they’re not going to blame their toxic corporate wokeness and greed for killing their franchise.
Mark Kern talked about that during his FFXIV stream: When Blizzard had different corporate overlords (up to Vivendi) they could say "fuck off" to every corporate influence, and they did everything themselves, including payroll & HR. This changed both when Activision took over, and when mobile games made an order of magnitute more money than Blizzard. Suddenly smaller studios with predatory monetization tactics were the next big thing, so they felt pressure to do the same monetization tactics.

And this is how you get $60 TBC boosts, six month subscription lock-ins and store mounts.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
All these bosses that you need to hold dps on are so awful. Who enjoys holding dps? Nobody ever.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Didn't people get sat in Legion because they didn't have the right legendaries?

Of course they did, this has been a theme, that EVERYONE has complained about, for a long long time.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Ah, Taliesin did his Friday show. Bellular getting on Asmongold's Allcraft seemed to really go under his skin. He ranted that he played FFXIV for five years and how he has more experience. I now have to get a shovel because my room is filled with second hand embarrassment.

The source

• 2Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hobby or not crying over video games to the entire world is some pathetic shit.

30 years ago if you saw some kid crying over a video game in a arcade you would mock his ass to no end.

I hear ya bud. I say the same thing when I hear grown ass men crying about women asking how tall they are.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I hear ya bud. I say the same thing when I hear grown ass men crying about women asking how tall they are.
Finding a mate is at the very bottom of maslow's hierarchy. Getting the latest shiny pixel is like step 4 at most.