World of Warcraft: Current Year

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A new twitlonger me too'ing Furor again

So repeatedly assaults her, at least once in front of witnesses, while he has a live-in girlfriend. And she doesn't report it to 'protect her career'.

I didn't post that first twitlonger as a 'haha whore got what she deserved' even if thats what an incel like Booze took it as, but this one is just pathetic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Alex Afrasiabi did something unacceptable to me in 2012, at the Blizzard Holiday Party. Though I never worked at Blizzard myself, I knew many people at the party, as I worked in StarCraft II esports at the time, and formerly game publishing. I’ve decided to speak up now, to add to the collective experiences within the Blizzard culture.

I'm in no way saying Furor isn't' a piece of shit. But I'm finding it hard to give a fuck about this one right there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Seems to be a common element in all these situations being reported: Alex gets drunk and starts to get handsy
Ya would could have seen this coming, an egomaniac nerd not able to handle his liquor.

What a piece of shit.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't get it. After all that in the suite(supposedly) and you still walk with and get in a car with the dude that's still drunk and his sister that basically ignored you?

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Remember when some asshole on this forum started bringing stuff from the internet into someone's real life, and causing problems for them at their job? And how the entire forum unanimously thought that person was a piece of shit? This is not different from that.
There is a difference when someone is a whore and when someone is a retard.

• 2Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Alex Afrasiabi did something unacceptable to me in 2012, at the Blizzard Holiday Party. Though I never worked at Blizzard myself, I knew many people at the party, as I worked in StarCraft II esports at the time, and formerly game publishing. I’ve decided to speak up now, to add to the collective experiences within the Blizzard culture.

I'm in no way saying Furor isn't' a piece of shit. But I'm finding it hard to give a fuck about this one right there.
If it didnt matter enough to her in 2012 to call the cops, why should it matter at all to me now in 2021?

Of course if you tell these women they should have reported the abuse or inappropriate behavior as soon as it happened they get their jimmies rustled and say dont victim blame.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The problem with hiring eye candy chicks is they get older and uglier and then realize they're too stupid to actually be worth having around based on their contribution. This leads to a condition we know on the forums as "Misting", where the creature lashes out at their former employers to shoulder the blame onto them for all of their faults. It makes it hard to determine if Furor really was a mega-creep or not. I'm going to guess he probably was some level of creep, as most males go through a phase where they want to creep on people.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Last edited:
  • 2Worf

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
So repeatedly assaults her, at least once in front of witnesses, while he has a live-in girlfriend. And she doesn't report it to 'protect her career'.

I didn't post that first twitlonger as a 'haha whore got what she deserved' even if thats what an incel like Booze took it as, but this one is just pathetic.
LOL, jeez. FUROR WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. EMPLOYEEDEFILER.

• 2Worf

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
The BlackHand was appropriately named.

Side note the repeated mention of his sister gave it an extra creepy vibe…I was like “WTF is this going?!”
Communists believe in collective guilt and punishment. His sister being in the story serves no purpose other than to force her to publicly flog herself or be forever labeled as an "enabler".

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
You watch, Blizz will do a full purge of all their management, but somehow they will still keep Ion as the lead dev of WoW.
From what I saw Ion isn't named in the lawsuit. Before he joined Blizz he was an attorney in D.C. Even the dumbest attorneys are careful of what they do and say because they know it can come back to haunt you.

He's probably clean because he came from a more professional work environment. Probably sits at home at drinking bourbon while reading this case paper to himself and laughing his ass off while thinking about how hes going to get promoted solely based on everyone else around him shooting themselves in the foot.

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
One thing I noticed is that almost every witness recollection of Furor mentions how he begs them to get married to him

He comes across as so desperate.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Honestly sexual harassment and employees being forced into suicide is only the surface of shitty behavior. Your stories align up with drama I have heard before.

Hell, I think Elidroth could speak about Margaret Krohn and what happened at SOE regarding her position as a designer and how they forced her into being a Community Manager because she's a woman and someone or a group of someones believed that women could not be good designers at SOE.

Their G.I.R.L Scholarship likely was used as a breeding ground for Alan Crosby (Brenlo)'s office love affairs. The EQ programming team is now entirely female-run. They're some of the smartest people that have ever graced that fucking game. People of all genders who touched that game for years prior didn't decide to

He left SOE after having an interpersonal relationship with Christie Renzetti (Kiara) and it was allegedly impacting others at the office. I wonder what his ex-wife has to say about SOE's office affair, or other girls there.

tl;dr - Game devs need to unionize and have needed to for a goddamn while.

Maggie's situation was a weird one. She's had the same boyfriend for 20 years or close to it. My guess is she refused advances by someone in power, and she paid the price for it. I've never gotten into the details with her but it fits the pattern. On the other hand, she was very skilled in the social media platforms, so it worked out for her in the long run. Doesn't excuse any of the shit she endured though.

Crosby on the other hand was one of the most repugnant people I ever met at SOE. He didn't 'leave' SOE, he and Christie were fired for having sex at the office.

His antics at Fan Faire were things that made every employee cringe. How he got away with the shit he did for so long is a mystery to me even today. I'm lucky none of his shit was every directed at me, because I'd have just knocked him the fuck out and likely been fired as a result.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
I was asleep when the planes hit, but I was woken up after the 2nd plane/Pentagon hit and first thing I was told was "we're under attack! they just hit NYC and the Pentagon" and my first thought was thinking that WW3 had begun or something because no one explained anything after they told me that.

Needless to say, I woke up pretty fast after that
Haha, same. A buddy of mine called me and woke me up and told me we were under attack. I had just registered in the draft like 5 months prior so I thought I was going to get drafted and sent to war. Fucked my week up.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Communists believe in collective guilt and punishment. His sister being in the story serves no purpose other than to force her to publicly flog herself or be forever labeled as an "enabler".

I took her inclusion, and the reactions of other people, as a way of trying to demonstrate this was common behavior for Alex so people had become desensitized to it

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Maggie's situation was a weird one. She's had the same boyfriend for 20 years or close to it. My guess is she refused advances by someone in power, and she paid the price for it. I've never gotten into the details with her but it fits the pattern. On the other hand, she was very skilled in the social media platforms, so it worked out for her in the long run. Doesn't excuse any of the shit she endured though.

Crosby on the other hand was one of the most repugnant people I ever met at SOE. He didn't 'leave' SOE, he and Christie were fired for having sex at the office.

His antics at Fan Faire were things that made every employee cringe. How he got away with the shit he did for so long is a mystery to me even today. I'm lucky none of his shit was every directed at me, because I'd have just knocked him the fuck out and likely been fired as a result.
Not to at all detract from sexual harassment bullshit which needs addressed and idiots need/deserve to be fired, but the last story reminded me of this scene from Seinfeld:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

See, the 'official' story disclosed by other employees at the time, spread to players (and what ended up as the statement on ED) is that him and Kiara hooked up and the company wouldn't let them be together, so he left and she did too.

I knew that was bullshit at the time (even prior to being in the industry) and found it personally astounding how such bullshit could be covered up.