World of Warcraft: Current Year

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Maggie's situation was a weird one. She's had the same boyfriend for 20 years or close to it. My guess is she refused advances by someone in power, and she paid the price for it. I've never gotten into the details with her but it fits the pattern. On the other hand, she was very skilled in the social media platforms, so it worked out for her in the long run. Doesn't excuse any of the shit she endured though.

Crosby on the other hand was one of the most repugnant people I ever met at SOE. He didn't 'leave' SOE, he and Christie were fired for having sex at the office.

His antics at Fan Faire were things that made every employee cringe. How he got away with the shit he did for so long is a mystery to me even today. I'm lucky none of his shit was every directed at me, because I'd have just knocked him the fuck out and likely been fired as a result.
You're a cool guy Elidroth, we are lucky to have you.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I'm not going to say other industries don't have sexual harassment issues but you nerds in the game industry need to grow up and act like professionals. One tenth of this shit would get you fired at any corporate / Fortune 500 job I've had, and fast. The fact that people even feel they can get away with this stuff speaks to a pervasive culture of mismanagement.

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not going to say other industries don't have sexual harassment issues but you nerds in the game industry need to grow up and act like professionals. One tenth of this shit would get you fired at any corporate / Fortune 500 job I've had, and fast. The fact that people even feel they can get away with this stuff speaks to a pervasive culture of mismanagement.

It has since been cleaned up but my early days at google had this same type shit going on. My first years the holiday party were atrocious with stories of crazy shit. Many, many firings happening from those nights.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

There's probably a correlation between them being man-children working in the gaming industry and this irresponsible behavior. It's almost as if when you take incel nerds and put them to work in a place because they're so imaginative and creative compared to the Chads and Working Joes, and then you give them a tiny bit of power, they get delusions of grandeur and start groping Nancy from accounting because they have jock envy from back in high school when they stopped evolving mentally.

Alex seems to be exactly the type of person that turns into a huge asshole whenever offered a modicum of authority, based on feedback from people here that interacted with him on a regular basis in game or in real life. It happened in guildchat, it happened on his website's front page with his insults and "threats" to the devs as soon as he got a tall enough soapbox to be paid attention to, and it happened at Blizzard once he saw himself as the next Metzen-level rockstar of Blizzard.

And the other Blizznerds or other gaming companies with similar issues all share the same kind of background, a lot of repressed frustration that just unleashes when they think they can get away with it.

It only gets worse when you keep seeing it happening around you in your work environment, because it not only convinces some victims that it is normal behavior, but also enables some perpetrators that wouldn't have dared in a more "normal" company but since Alex is doing it I guess I can grope Nancy too, she won't mind.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
One thing I noticed is that almost every witness recollection of Furor mentions how he begs them to get married to him

He comes across as so desperate.
Lori was a hooker when they met. You have to be wired differently to not only bang a hooker, but shack up with her for years afterward.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
All Alex needs to do is point out that this is the culture normal back in Iran and that he is a devout Muslim being persecuted. The number of bluehairs that would back track and apologize for their intolerance would make everyones head spin.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I know you're jesting, but it's probably kind of hard to pull the devout muslim card when half of your 9500 employee company has seen you shitfaced at multiple events I guess.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
All Alex needs to do is point out that this is the culture normal back in Iran and that he is a devout Muslim being persecuted. The number of bluehairs that would back track and apologize for their intolerance would make everyones head spin.

bulletproof way out

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
This is actually a variation on the Kevin Spacey “Live as a gay man” defense, the problem is it doesn’t actually work as well as you’d expect.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
This is actually a variation on the Kevin Spacey “Live as a gay man” defense, the problem is it doesn’t actually work as well as you’d expect.

Note that Kevin Spacey's second defense worked great, everyone that was sueing him is dead.

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know you're jesting, but it's probably kind of hard to pull the devout muslim card when half of your 9500 employee company has seen you shitfaced at multiple events I guess.

Muslims are allowed to deceive non-Muslims through "al Taqiyya" to avoid persecution. So technically according to his religion he's allowed to get piss faced drunk around infidels if his goal is to deceive them for the good of Allah.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Muslims are allowed to deceive non-Muslims through "al Taqiyya" to avoid persecution. So technically according to his religion he's allowed to get piss faced drunk around infidels if his goal is to deceive them for the good of Allah.

Right but that's when you're trying to infiltrate their civilization to destroy it, not infiltrate Blue-Hair Vaxx's pants.

Pretty sure that's go straight to jail, do not pass go, and don't collect your 72 virgins.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Right but that's when you're trying to infiltrate their civilization to destroy it, not infiltrate Blue-Hair Vaxx's pants.

Pretty sure that's go straight to jail, do not pass go, and don't collect your 72 virgins.

That's just arguing semantics. Pretty sure if he knows enough Arabic he could pull it off.