World of Warcraft: Current Year

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
ETA til people digging through his history discover he created a message board named FoH which leads them to here?

Been thinking the same thing, only a matter of time before a 'deeper dive into Alex Afrasiabi before Blizzard' results in a bunch of direct quotes and stuff from this forum (and the Discord?) corroborating whatever angle the story is covering. It's inevitable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously they just respected the man's good family values.

Alex is only interested in marriage, after all.

I heard Cosby could cook a mean steak. Maybe it was his grilling proclivities?

• 1Moron

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
1627254008387.jpg

I just wanna grill for god's sake! - Fooror Platedevourer

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Been thinking the same thing, only a matter of time before a 'deeper dive into Alex Afrasiabi before Blizzard' results in a bunch of direct quotes and stuff from this forum (and the Discord?) corroborating whatever angle the story is covering. It's inevitable.

Did Reqiuem turn over the Furor threads? I thought the deal was all or nothing for the original FOH forum archive.

There's nothing to see here if Req didn't turn over anything. Suineg said his ask price was around 10,000 dollars.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Been thinking the same thing, only a matter of time before a 'deeper dive into Alex Afrasiabi before Blizzard' results in a bunch of direct quotes and stuff from this forum corroborating whatever angle the story is covering. It's inevitable.

They wouldnt find much from him...he stopped posting on the forums not long after he joined the WoW dev team. If you recall, people started to cry that the FOH forums were getting responses vs. the official bnet forums, after which all the former EQ1 players turn devs stopped posting here altogether.

Then there is the fact that version of the forums was nuked over a decade ago and doesnt even exist anymore, outside a couple snipets on the internet archive that happen to still exist. Pretty sure all we have is the old rerolled posts, but the prior forum archive AFAIK is long gone.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And finding out it's filled with misogynists
Holding women to the same standards as men doesnt make you a misogynists.
They wouldnt find much from him...he stopped posting on the forums not long after he joined the WoW dev team. If you recall, people started to cry that the FOH forums were getting responses vs. the official bnet forums, after which all the former EQ1 players turn devs stopped posting here altogether.

Then there is the fact that version of the forums was nuked over a decade ago and doesnt even exist anymore, outside a couple snipets on the internet archive that happen to still exist.
In this climate it wouldnt even be that he posts here but the type of community he created.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I mean the Cosby suite is obviously extremely poor taste and to parade it around is funny to like a few people in your little circlejerk of friends maybe one time. But to put it out there on media is stupefying. just incredible.

But I mean contrary to Cosby - all this stuff is just words said to people right? He wasn't drugging people. There isn't any assault or any charges filed against anyone (at the time) or now?

Cosby was a predator.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
What I don't really get is why they were harassing the women working there.. have you seen the women working there?

I can understand bringing in hot fangirls at conventions, but most of the women I've seen in Blizzard interviews or insider documentaries look like blue-haired hogs.

Is there even a hot chick in that whole team that could make it worth risking your seven figure salary as a lead creative director?

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't think the women had a Cosby room.
Nah, instead they were busy gossiping about how muscular X male was, or how big his bulge is.

You clearly haven't been around women much if you don't understand that they are every bit as vulgar as men when it comes to sex/sexual talk.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Nah, instead they were busy gossiping about how muscular X male was, or how big his bulge is.

You clearly haven't been around women much if you don't understand that they are every bit as vulgar as men when it comes to sex/sexual talk.
Yeah but nobody is getting trouble for gossiping.

They're getting in trouble for harassment, assault, etc.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Holding women to the same standards as men doesnt make you a misogynists.

In this climate it wouldnt even be that he posts here but the type of community he created.

Exactly this. Any journalist is an account away from the pretty girl thread(s), rickshaw, politics, etc. Doesn't matter that this kind of stuff is on other forums, it's the linkage to Alex and the forums he once led in some form continuing today and the content they can see that shares many of the same undertones that have led to everything happening right now at Blizzard.

At best it'll be a footnote, because yeah you're not going to see posts from him on here, at worst, who knows.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What I don't really get is why they were harassing the women working there.. have you seen the women working there?

I can understand bringing in hot fangirls at conventions, but most of the women I've seen in Blizzard interviews or insider documentaries look like blue-haired hogs.

Is there even a hot chick in that whole team that could make it worth risking your seven figure salary as a lead creative director?
The prettiest girl on an otherwise boring floor is an automatic 8 at minimum, no matter how ugly she is.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
all this stuff is just words said to people right? He wasn't drugging people. There isn't any assault or any charges filed against anyone (at the time) or now?

Cosby was a predator.

Alcohol is a drug.

But Alex was a griller-- not a predator.