World of Warcraft: Current Year

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Which also jives with "I'm not looking for a replacement MMO".

TESO is different from other MMOs in that it has a rich single player RPG experience. It's not a replacement MMO for WoW, in any sense. TESO is unique in the space in terms of story and questing.

Interesting. I've only ever played a little bit of Morrowind and played through Skyrim out of curiosity after its twenty-seventh re-re-release because everyone was talking about it and making memes out of it, but I can't say I felt hooked into the story or the world of Tamriel.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Honestly I think FF14 would be a lot better for you. You can show off an awesome player or guild house, level all the classes, different transmog for each class, mounts etc like WoW has...

Do what you are doing but with a little bit more point to it.

I actually play ff14 but responding to every 5 posts in the WoW thread with "play ff14" is fucking obnoxious.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I actually play ff14 but responding to every 5 posts in the WoW thread with "play ff14" is fucking obnoxious.

Have to agree, even if I think it has more to offer as a game right now, if someone finds their enjoyment in collecting everything there is to collect in WoW, why would they want to start over in a brand new game leaving behind all the work they put in to their WoW collection?

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
How come in all this talk about playing quasi-mmo single player RPGs nobody is saying play The Secret World? :<

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

How come in all this talk about playing quasi-mmo single player RPGs nobody is saying play The Secret World? :<
I honestly thought it was shut down. But now its just Secret World Legends or some such. I never could get into it for simple reasons like every character running around me looked like they belonged in Fortnite.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. I've only ever played a little bit of Morrowind and played through Skyrim out of curiosity after its twenty-seventh re-re-release because everyone was talking about it and making memes out of it, but I can't say I felt hooked into the story or the world of Tamriel.
I played the fucking shit out of Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall and after that scarred me for life I was never really able to get into ES 3 and 4. Skyrim was pretty good when it came out, and I played probably about 1/5th of the content in the base game before giving up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
All you guys wanting a single player MMORPG's shouldn't even play MMO's at all. Just buy some fucking consoles you stupid faggots. Go buy an SNES and play all the golden year RPG's since that is what you fucking want and stop trying to turn MMORPGs into solo play garbage.

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 10 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I came from Oblivion and enjoyed the similarity, although it took a long time for TESO to get the dark brotherhood in the game.

I skipped Skyrim entirely-- nothing about it appealed to me.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

nu_11

The secret world has the best story and dialogue. Even better than many single player games.

I’m hesitant to recommend it because I haven’t played the updated The Secret World Legends version. I’m assuming the gameplay will still feel subpar but I was able to deal with it in the original version because of the great atmosphere and story.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The original Secret World had such a wonderful skill synergy system with the two weapons, various skills associates with those weapons and the way in which you could make interest combos or set up group dynamics. Their skill wheel was *chefs kiss*

The new version butchered all that wonderfully rich complexity into something very mundane.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The only thing I didn't like about the skill tree was that the points weren't earned by using the actual weapon. This meant you could farm out points in one build then just buy all the skills out of another weapon tree without ever having played it. I feel like it would have smoothed the migration/introduction to other moves if you earned the xp for that weapon by using it, with a bonus for catch up kind of like ff14 jobs. Are you saying the Legends shit NGE'd it? RIP

Also:

Imagine a wotlk themed cross over event in FF14. Earn some goodwill you soulless fucks.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
1629206899363.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The secret world has the best story and dialogue. Even better than many single player games.

I’m hesitant to recommend it because I haven’t played the updated The Secret World Legends version. I’m assuming the gameplay will still feel subpar but I was able to deal with it in the original version because of the great atmosphere and story.

I heard the update was absolute boring garbage.

I played through just before the update, and man you aren't kidding. A lot of awesome storylines if you take the time to go through it.

Most memorable was one quest line in a haunted house type place, you could only advance it if you died and came back as a ghost :p

• 1Truth!

Araxen

Bellular will be called out for being toxic soon. Keep an eye out on Blizzard dev twitters!

• 3Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I heard the update was absolute boring garbage.

I played through just before the update, and man you aren't kidding. A lot of awesome storylines if you take the time to go through it.

Most memorable was one quest line in a haunted house type place, you could only advance it if you died and came back as a ghost :p

Franklin mansion. Best damn quest I have ever played in an MMORPG.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bellular will be called out for being toxic soon. Keep an eye out on Blizzard dev twitters!

I'm glad he gutted them on player choice and dynamic gameplay.

Divine Toll or Ashen Hallow? Exactly. Mist says its fine, and its not-- due to the philosophy behind the decision.

They better flip that switch in 9.2.

Thorbadin

Trakanon Raider
I don't think Bellular will be called toxic by the devs. To me it's woke vs non woke. Asmongold as far as I can tell is not really woke and did stuff like rate the female characters, etc. He got called out by the blue air woke devs.