World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't think Bellular will be called toxic by the devs. To me it's woke vs non woke. Asmongold as far as I can tell is not really woke and did stuff like rate the female characters, etc. He got called out by the blue air woke devs.
Asmond is an Austin fag he is pretty woke maybe a 6/10 on the wokeness scale, not high enough for Bliz but you can see him saying plenty of dumb fuck things.

• 3Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 7 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Asmond is an Austin fag he is pretty woke maybe a 6/10 on the wokeness scale, not high enough for Bliz but you can see him saying plenty of dumb fuck things.
Judging by watching a few of his streams, I don't think Asmond is woke.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Asmon grew up during the whole "Austin is Weird" era before it became Tech Woke Austin. He also never went to university and was working at the cafe in Costco up until like 2013 (lol). The dude was never really indoctrinated into wokeness because he's been an attic dwelling sweaty neckbeard the whole time.

Sure he says lots and lots of stupid shit. But I wouldn't consider him woke at all.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Asmongold is a total fucking tool.

Zach is a pretty normal guy. With normal opinions.

If you think he's woke it's because you've drank the General Forums Kool-Aid and need to get a grip on reality.

• 7Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 11 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I am of the opinion that Zach is to Asmongold what Boogie is to Francis

YouTube Superstar Boogie2988 Confirms He's Getting Divorced - Wow Article

This guy. What I mean is that the over the top persona is way more the actual person than a performance than may appear. As far as wokeness goes Asmon isn't woke. He's this -

Your basic secular "as long as it doesn't affect you who cares" mentality. He complained on his Zack streams a number of times that the hot tub girls on Twitch were going to eventually catch the notice of the sponsors and get everyone's (his) ad revenue trashed. That's not woke at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Your basic secular "as long as it doesn't affect you who cares" mentality. He complained on his Zack streams a number of times that the hot tub girls on Twitch were going to eventually catch the notice of the sponsors and get everyone's (his) ad revenue trashed. That's not woke at all.

Weak example honestly. Asmon said pronouns in bio were a general indicator of idiocy if I recall correctly.

That could be construed as anti-woke I'd say-- but I won't say it's anti-woke. It was inadvertent and simply just him being based and calling it how he sees it.

But casuals who call him anti-woke can cite that as a leading example since it was construed as anti- LGBT albeit indirectly.

Cybsled

This woke/not-woke shit is just another binary label with no nuance.

Asmon/Zack is a realist with common-sense I find. The hot tub/advertiser thing was a good example. He doesn't give a shit about hot tub streamers on some moral level, he only cares because if they let it get out of hand, then advertisers care and that impacts the whole platform and everyone else on it. Advertisers and payment processors are some of the most prudish fucks in the world (in large part to religious organization lobbyists - in the past they used to just do a morality basis, but since that doesn't work as well anymore, they masquerade as "save the children from exploitation!" because that gets a lot more support than "Jesus doesn't want you to see tits")

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Asmon is more based than you guys give him credit for. The rant he did talking about PTO and jobs was great. Basic jist being that if you have no skills you shouldn't expect great pay, PTO, etc. That you need to increase your skills to be rewarded in the market. That had absolutely zero benefit for him to talk about but he went on an hour chat about it with his audience who desperately needs to hear shit like that.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Asmon is more based than you guys give him credit for. The rant he did talking about PTO and jobs was great. Basic jist being that if you have no skills you shouldn't expect great pay, PTO, etc. That you need to increase your skills to be rewarded in the market. That had absolutely zero benefit for him to talk about but he went on an hour chat about it with his audience who desperately needs to hear shit like that.
Someone with a job that requires no skills who gets paid a ton telling people to increase their own skills to get better pay?

Lmao Lol GIF

• 2Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Someone with a job that requires no skills who gets paid a ton telling people to increase their own skills to get better pay?

Lmao Lol GIF
Yeah he actually responds to people like yourself. He knows his success is an anomaly and that without it he would have to either get a skill of some sort or be a low income employee like he used to be. He still has his fucking Sams Club badge on his wall.... Not sure what you'd prefer he says? I made million steaming WoW, so you can too!!!!!

I don't recall the title of the video, and he did get into murky waters talking about some social type programs, but again 90% of what he said was spot on. You want PTO, higher wages, etc., get a skill that's in demand. Pretty opposite of the woke brigade regardless of how you feel about him personally.

EDIT
Found it! Tell me this is the way a woke individual responds to people about work and life choices.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Sigh bringing up woke vs non-woke in this dumb game. Blizz just needs to get their shit together - 9.1 just hit and im already getting bored.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got a link to this?
EDIT: NM

Chris

Potato del Grande
If someone thinks that Asmongold is woke, they either don't know what woke is or they are an extremeist themselves.

There is a huge middle ground between MAGA antivaxx incel prepppers and antifa BLM tranny stalinists.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'm quite indifferent to Asmon. He makes some good points once in a while. The man behind the persona seems to be the one of the most level headed of the big streamers, and he's shown that publicly. Maybe that's what's pissing woke people off. Not only that he's is not on the soapbox preaching their agenda but that a regular dude lucked out in the streamerverse and stayed relatively normal.
I'd tell you this, if someone gave me Asmon's annual income to be a wokester on internet... shit, I'd be the wokest motherfucker out there, I'd be putting out sjw ramblings Bellular stye, playing all them woke games etc

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>

Our characters in game are a virtual representation of who we are in Azeroth and having more character customization options to design our characters helps us feel closer to them. Shadowlands brought a whole array of new customization options to the player races in World of Warcraft, but there were a few of the Allied Races that didn’t get as much attention as the rest.

Back at BlizzConline in February, we stated that we had no plans to add additional customization options until after Shadowlands, but after hearing the passionate feedback around the issue, we looked into whether we could implement more options sooner. We’re pleased to announce that 9.1.5 will introduce new character customization options for Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei which include: new hair styles, hair colors, facial hair, skin colors, accessories, horns, tail length, tattoos, and more!

In addition to new customization options for Lightforged Draenei and Nightborne, 9.1.5 will also introduce other cosmetics such as:

• Ear Size options for Void Elves
  • New Travel Forms for Druids
  • New Soulshapes for Night Fae
    • New Crittershapes to unlock: Soulshape into an adorable squirrel or other small critters. Note: Due to their tiny appearances, they are only usable in rested areas.
    • Option to Soulshape and Crittershape into randomly collected appearances.
  • New Toys

We’ll be continuing to expand our character customization in the future, with our sights set on Highmountain Tauren next.

Stay tuned for more information.

WoW is saved! Thanks Blizzard!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user