World of Warcraft: Current Year

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
ouvd8thfcy1o7pexbuud.jpg

You vs the maw walker she tells you not to worry about.

It all makes sense now.

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That was what made me stop playing the game back in Legion. I usally sub at the start of an expansion then I lose interest and usally come back at the end. But trying to do the story line in that fashion makes it feel super disjointed and I end up having no clue wtf has happened and usally found myself having skipped shit without knowing.

I know many play the game for other reasons than story but I really enjoy the FFXIV way that you have to unlock stuff in order.

I tried playing in BFA but gave up really quick, and in Shadowlands I unsubbed after getting out of the Maw.

I've played Blizzard games most of my life but nowdays I haven't touched their launcher since SL release pretty much.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Shiva's phase 1 to phase 2 transition when she casts Diamond Dust and the music changes is the exact point where FF14 starts to beat WoW.
Heavenward was great for this. My favourite is Nidhogg extreme. That is one fight where you really feel like he is throwing everything including the kitchen sink at you. His transition/ultimate is the best looking and sounding ultimate I've seen in the game so far. I liked it so much I duty findered it over and over again even though 14 out of 15 pulls in pugs were wipes - always enjoyed it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Someone on 4chan put it best: "Even the main story is FOMO"
Not only that, but people have noticed that the only feature interesting in 9.1.5 - which lands on Nov 2nd - is the Mage Tower with Legion Timewalking, which comes... "early December".

That is, "just in time for you to sub an additional month".

Malkav

French Madman
Not only that, but people have noticed that the only feature interesting in 9.1.5 - which lands on Nov 2nd - is the Mage Tower with Legion Timewalking, which comes... "early December".

Also just in time for the release of Endwalker first raid tier somehow.

Rali

Trakanon Raider

Legion Timewalking comes out on the same week as FFXIV Endwalker raids are released also apparently. Working hard to get that fanbase back from the new hotness! ;)

Chris

Potato del Grande
That was what made me stop playing the game back in Legion. I usally sub at the start of an expansion then I lose interest and usally come back at the end. But trying to do the story line in that fashion makes it feel super disjointed and I end up having no clue wtf has happened and usally found myself having skipped shit without knowing.

I know many play the game for other reasons than story but I really enjoy the FFXIV way that you have to unlock stuff in order.

I tried playing in BFA but gave up really quick, and in Shadowlands I unsubbed after getting out of the Maw.

I've played Blizzard games most of my life but nowdays I haven't touched their launcher since SL release pretty much.
All they need to do is have a UI to track storyline progress... like FF14 has.

They already have this for the lorewalker acheivements for each zone, it shows you exactly which quest chains you have or haven't completed.

So rather than have them arranged by zone, arrange them by story thread. "Want to know who Jainia is? Here are her quest lines in chronological order."

Have a reward for completing them. Jainia used to give you her signet ring in vanilla for doing a quest line, how about each important NPC gives you an account wide upgradable heriloom ring and it upgrades with each quest you do for them? It could even be raid viable or have a cool bonus for frost mages.

It's so frustrating that they have all the tech they need to solve the problems but no imagination. I bet an addon author could make that without much trouble.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
It's so frustrating that they have all the tech they need to solve the problems but no imagination. I bet an addon author could make that without much trouble.
Add on authors have passion for the game. They aren't just there trying to maximize profits/MAU or to correct grievances they have with things their betters implemented.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really, the women gets her ass kicked by the man? I'll see it when I believe it. This company is over the cliff in wokeness.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
The other Maw Walkers quit the game, so they have to retcon those that left the Shadowlands to become Warriors of Darkness.
Blizzard's like, "I know what you're thinking - you did those quests. You think you did, but you didn't."

I've never heard of a company laying off their playerbase before, but there's a first for everything in this new, glass ceiling shattering diverse Blizzard, I suppose.
Maybe if your character had colored hair... then Blizzard would recognize their deeds.

You're a hero Secrets.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Unfortunately the first Starcraft is a timeless classic and keeps the Blizzard app on our desktops indefinitely.

It's the one reason we can't just delete it-- forever Bobby Kotick's foothold into our homes.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Haven't seen much about this, just discovered the "minor drama":

Yes, that's Blizzard newest co-lead, selling carries in WoW.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
When I saw this I figured that the people who had seen it were all using alts/secondary characters and instead of putting in a toggle system they just decided to default to everyone's 'alt' being considered an alt from a story perspective. Just cutting the content entirely when one of your core issues currently is a lack of content seems just moronic.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
That post was hilarious because prior to that, Qwik was being seen as some kind of YoshiP savior by /vg/. After that post, they lost whatever little hope they had left and went full nihilism. I don't think the mods are even cleaning up all the ff14 spam in the wow threads at this point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I've really got nothing against boost sellers, aside from the spam they create, but that post was so incredibly stupid and tone-deaf that I've barely logged in since.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user