World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Interesting that they would acquire an entire studio and shutdown their only game. Is it that hard to find developers who have any skill?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Interesting that they would acquire an entire studio and shutdown their only game. Is it that hard to find developers who have any skill?
Who else would be deaperate enough to work at Blizzard?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who else would be deaperate enough to work at Blizzard?
Id work there. Id try my best to match the energy of Furor on every level. If it aint illegal, then its fucking cosby time. Im in my 30's and I can basically poor man retire, try me.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Spellbreak was incredibly innovative. Probably too innovative for most mouthbreathers playing video games these days. This is probably more to boost Overwatch development than WoW but I could see it helping WoW as well. Blizzard needs devs willing to take risks on new ideas.

It's a sad state of gaming when a BR game with an 86% rating on Steam is shutting down.

I do agree that the game was pretty innovative for a BR. Honestly I think that if they had used those game mechanics, but had Avatar: Last Airbender IP to go with it, it would have been a massive success. The combat sort of felt like stuff from Avatar and the mass market would have eaten that up.

It takes a lot to differentiate yourself from the crowd in the Battle Royale space. Gameplay Innovation is no guarantee, especially if a more popular BR just uses your innovation. If Apex Legends didn't have the support from EA, it probably would have faded as an innovative footnote long ago.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It's possible that they want to build a Battle Royale game using one/all of their existing IPs, and Spellbreak was closest to what they envisioned.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It appears to also be a move to establish "Blizzard East Coast", as they're apparently in the Boston area.

Blizzard is having an increasingly harder time to recruit back in california, and that let them have a Blizzard location on the east coast to offer to potential hires.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It appears to also be a move to establish "Blizzard East Coast", as they're apparently in the Boston area.
I read somewhere that the Proletariat team is mainly a "remote work" company. Which is in contrary to the "Shadowlands content delayed because of Covid" narrative we got, because "Blizzard meetings can't be done via Zoom".

Which is true I guess: You can't cubicle crawl via Zoom, and sexually harassing women is also a lot harder.

Found the article:

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Blizzard is having an increasingly harder time to recruit back in california, and that let them have a Blizzard location on the east coast to offer to potential hires.

Its hard to work for nothing in California

• 1Truth!

Cybsled

Boston housing prices, while not Cali insane, are pretty damned high for area standards.

Daidraco

If we follow the trend of releasing OP classes and they remain OP the entire expansion, possibly two - then this expansion is going to be a shit show for Mythic+ (and multiple other reasons). The Evoker only being able to played by the Dracthyr and it being able to be a healer or a DPS sounds rough. The Dracthyr look is just not that popular, too. So when the meta is essentially "DK Tank, Evoker Healer, Evoker DPS, Hunter DPS, Mage DPS" - its going to blow ass for everyone else. The class should be open to several races and the devs low effort "Can only be Dracthyr cause muh' role play" excuse can eat a dick.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man these models looks really kinda bad. I think it's the torso being too small? Like larger shoulders and more muscle would look better I think, more agressive/beastial kind of thing, they look like lanky shit with the long legs tall body. Wings are also maybe a bit too small.

I'd praise the choice of going for a fully dragon type race rather than human with dragon features kind of thing but they messed it up.

Daidraco

Man these models looks really kinda bad. I think it's the torso being too small? Like larger shoulders and more muscle would look better I think, more agressive/beastial kind of thing, they look like lanky shit with the long legs tall body. Wings are also maybe a bit too small.

I'd praise the choice of going for a fully dragon type race rather than human with dragon features kind of thing but they messed it up.
Thats basically what everyone said when they first announced and showcased the race. Almost everyone wanted a stronger, meaner looking Dragon-Human hybrid. They've since came back and added a torso selector to make the race more muscular, but at the end of the day its still using the fucking skeleton of the female Worgen. Its just fucking lazy or as some have called it, "low effort." Never mind all the degenerate talk about "you're a fag cause you want muscles" deflection, or the very epicenter of the problem being based around the dev that lead this design being a furry/scaly twink fag.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
There gonna be a joke race anyway, so who cares along with the expansion also my guess.

Can't even make a races own skeleton system.. but claims OMG so much work.. ya texture work is so hard in that game..

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No active account, but the promotional emails slip through the cracks on occasion.

This is like asking a chick for anal after she said no to a hand job.

1657731057599.png

Daidraco

• 1Like