World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
I know they're all old as fuck now, but it would be nice to know if some of these people are quitting because its nuBlizz or just retiring.

or if they were caught on CCTV drinking human milk.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just as I expected, the Dracthyr look OP af. The ability where they can fly to one side of the field, and then instantly TP back is just too fucking strong. Good to see the team trying to recapture WOTLK's feel, though.

Cybsled

Warlocks can do that technically, although it takes some setup. Or did they remove the teleport gate and demonic circle? I haven’t played since early BFA

Daidraco

Warlocks can do that technically, although it takes some setup. Or did they remove the teleport gate and demonic circle? I haven’t played since early BFA
Izen had a video up on warlock nerfs not too long ago (though looking at raider.io, it looks like it did fuck all of a nerf) and its still in as far as I can tell. In comparison, (as far as memory serves me) you have setup time for both where it starts and where it ends, a long cool down before you can change spots, and it does not have damage. Versus that Dracthyr ability where you can pick any direction, PBAOE DPS all the way there, then decide if you want to blink back, with a relatively short cool down. Never mind that a lot of its tool kit just looks like a mix of mage abilities with different graphics. Then the racial basically allows your character to fly for a brief amount of time every 5 minutes.

Watching this alpha footage between the content creators that got in - this expansion appears to have some really solid bones. The more I watch, the more I feel like they stopped working on Shadowlands content fucking eons ago. There is just a ton of shit in this expansion and the time frame doesnt make a lot of sense. Blows my mind how many people have already preordered the fucking thing though.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this expansion supposed to be Northrend 2.0 because that zone he is in looks like a carbon copy of Grizzly Hills.

Daidraco

Is this expansion supposed to be Northrend 2.0 because that zone he is in looks like a carbon copy of Grizzly Hills.
I cant remember which dev it was, but they were basically saying they wanted a feeling of "returning to Azeroth" and pay homage to older zones. Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord host some of my best memories of WOTLK, so Im pretty cool with it.

I do not, however, understand what exactly Ion is saying here.. Group Loot just sounds like Master Loot with extra steps:
Squishei: In a previous interview, you mentioned that master loot was something you wanted to do but was looking for the right implementation, which kind of was a change from ‘no’ previously. Any update to that?

Ion Hazzikostas: Yeah! I think I would describe it more as group loot rather than master loot. That’s the specific process of a single loot master allocating the drops, that’s actually in some ways some of the stuff we were looking to move away from back in the day. But moving away from personal to [a] shared pool of loot, where you kill a raid boss, you work together with 15 or 20 or 30 people to do it, there’s 5 items on the corpse [and] you can roll for those items, you can pass on them, you can trade them to your friends; that’s a world we think we want to be in again.

We’re still hammering out the details, but our current plan is to have raid bosses in Dragonflight work that way. This is a raid boss specific system. Dungeon loot is fine. We haven’t really heard people clamoring for the return of group loot in dungeons, and getting a bow from a chest at the end of a dungeon when a group has no hunter–but I think raids are uniquely a cooperative experience, they lend themselves to a cooperative loot allocation mechanism. And that’s the current plan.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I hate to say it but Dragonflight looks pretty cool so far. I haven't played retail since... Pandas? They might get me to sub for a few months to level a character to max level before I realize I don't have enough free time to accomplish anything in end-game. But we will see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

All the WoW expansions look nice initially - it's when you get further into it that the flaws usually show

It's like those car commercials where they say "ranked highest in initial quality". All that means is it is nice when you first get it - says nothing about whether or not the car breaks down after 6 months.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I’ll give credit that there’s a pretty impressive amount of character customization. Shame that the actual character just…the most masculine you can seem to get with a dracthyr is a femboy looking thing. The soaring looks fun? But also what’s the point when you have flying mounts (unless you could use it in combat, which would be busted)? But yeah, hard to tell if this shit'll be any good without actually playing at release.

Daidraco

All the WoW expansions look nice initially - it's when you get further into it that the flaws usually show

It's like those car commercials where they say "ranked highest in initial quality". All that means is it is nice when you first get it - says nothing about whether or not the car breaks down after 6 months.
We have 4, maybe 5 months till they release. Their plan to focus release content as they go is a bit concerning just for reasons like you mentioned. No one seems to know what the "grind" is like AP or similar. Crafting has the basic system in, but its largely incomplete. Dragon Riding has its basic system in, but is incomplete as well. Then just from watching for a few hours, there is just a massive amount of bugs. Basically, we arent going to have a lot of time to test shit when it comes to end game etc. if theyre focus testing zone by zone. (if theyre not just bullshitting us altogether.)

I’ll give credit that there’s a pretty impressive amount of character customization. Shame that the actual character just…the most masculine you can seem to get with a dracthyr is a femboy looking thing. The soaring looks fun? But also what’s the point when you have flying mounts (unless you could use it in combat, which would be busted)? But yeah, hard to tell if this shit'll be any good without actually playing at release.
The dragon flying shit is actually faster than regular flying (Can achieve roughly double the speed of a regular flying mount), even with only 3 diamonds unlocked. Im looking forward to when they show the Dragon Riding talent tree so we can see just how fast its going to be.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Izen had a video up on warlock nerfs not too long ago (though looking at raider.io, it looks like it did fuck all of a nerf) and its still in as far as I can tell. In comparison, (as far as memory serves me) you have setup time for both where it starts and where it ends, a long cool down before you can change spots, and it does not have damage. Versus that Dracthyr ability where you can pick any direction, PBAOE DPS all the way there, then decide if you want to blink back, with a relatively short cool down. Never mind that a lot of its tool kit just looks like a mix of mage abilities with different graphics. Then the racial basically allows your character to fly for a brief amount of time every 5 minutes.

Watching this alpha footage between the content creators that got in - this expansion appears to have some really solid bones. The more I watch, the more I feel like they stopped working on Shadowlands content fucking eons ago. There is just a ton of shit in this expansion and the time frame doesnt make a lot of sense. Blows my mind how many people have already preordered the fucking thing though.
The lock nerfs don’t go live until s4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Literally all Blizzard knows how to do.

Also, Blizzard focusing on the important stuff;

Its infecting just about everything I play. Im just done with reacting/caring about it. But while we're on that note : Sindragosa is back and shes black. lul A black blood elf. lolol

r5w9tzlvakb91.jpg

Edit - Dracthyr ability where they hover and can basically move and cast is so fucking OP. Just watching Maximum's stream and if Dracthyr goes live this powerful, no one is going to play any other DPS outside of just for role playing elements.

Last edited:
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Literally all Blizzard knows how to do.

Also, Blizzard focusing on the important stuff;

And this shit is why no matter how nice things look at first, you know this garbage is going to be everywhere in there and ruin anything that could potentially be good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

And this shit is why no matter how nice things look at first, you know this garbage is going to be everywhere in there and ruin anything that could potentially be good.
C'mon Koush. You know you want that Tuskarr otter mount.
xspg5tljpkb91.jpg

kovhi7doglb91.jpg

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
C'mon Koush. You know you want that Tuskarr otter mount.
xspg5tljpkb91.jpg

I mean, you're goddamn right. I'll be honest, I get the desire to come back to WoW a lot. I want to collect mounts, including that adorable fucking otter. I want to fuck around and play pretty dress up with all my favorite shaman sets. I miss playing my enh shaman. I'm not really angry anymore, but goddamn am I still just constantly disappointed and sad at how far the game has fallen and how far it apparently still has to go. I want to play this shit just to fuck around with the character creator, because my dumb woman brain still loves that shit. The idea of getting a dragon mount that you can customize also is cool as shit.

I want to fucking play. But goddamn, I can't bring myself to do it with all the virtue signaling horseshit.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
mean, you're goddamn right. I'll be honest, I get the desire to come back to WoW a lot. I want to collect mounts, including that adorable fucking otter. I want to fuck around and play pretty dress up with all my favorite shaman sets. I miss playing my enh shaman. I'm not really angry anymore, but goddamn am I still just constantly disappointed and sad at how far the game has fallen and how far it apparently still has to go. I want to play this shit just to fuck around with the character creator, because my dumb woman brain still loves that shit. The idea of getting a dragon mount that you can customize also is cool as shit.

I want to fucking play. But goddamn, I can't bring myself to do it with all the virtue signaling horseshit.

Yeah that's the thing I don't get, why alienate normies by adding in so much woke faggot shit, when you can simply leave it out and appeal to a larger audience. If TransLock420 wants to pretend to be a nonbinary American Inventor-kin destruction dyke sexual furry nothing is stopping him from his ERP shit they have been doing it themselves for ages. Instead you forcibly heap this pile of disgusting degenerate on people like you who just want to play a game as a form of escapism to unwind from all the ClownWorld shit we have to endure on a daily basis.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The outlaw rogue talent tree is actually kind of interesting, so many different builds you could go. I think a lot of people will go the new ambush build but I think even a more passive/proc build with less CD's could be viable. Seal Fate + SS procs + Dispatcher + Vigor.. all you really have to do is spam SS + Dispatch with the occasional pistol shot, all with Blade Flurry hitting 8 targets now.

outlaw3.png