World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Excellent, excellent! I cant wait to transmog my heroic raid armor into the LFR pieces. Muahhaha ~

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Tier 0.5 for the scrubs, just like the good old days.
Except those scrubs will see all the content too. So who gives two fucks if the heroic armor has a different color shade and +gooder. What are you even gonna fucking do with the +gooder.. jesus.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Except those scrubs will see all the content too. So who gives two fucks if the heroic armor has a different color shade and +gooder. What are you even gonna fucking do with the +gooder.. jesus.
Sup,

rrr_img_65432.jpg

Lfr saved WoW. Pull your head outta your ass.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Lfr saved WoW.
This is not a good thing for the industry and for players. What it did was (eventually) put back the industry moving forward to more innovative and fun game play. I say eventually because in theory it's a good thing but, i) it became a crutch, and, ii) it ended up being a pinata with no risk v reward and no skill required

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lets not forget Blizzard is a business and entertaining your everyday smoking, scraggly ass voice, liquor drinking house wife is very profitable for them. Theres a reason why you dont hear those bitches in Heroic raids ~ Theyre not there.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Makes sense since LFR drops loot on par with Heroic Dungeons, would think the welfare tier sets will likely continue the raid tier after, unless they continue releasing new 5 mans.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Oh I must be bored, replying to a Dumar post, but here goes anyway.

Except those scrubs will see all the content too.
If you consider watching "Let's Plays" of single player games the same as seeing all the content, then yeah fine you're totally right.

So who gives two fucks if the heroic armor has a different color shade and +gooder.
You kinda missed the part where it's actually different armor models. You will be able to tell who actually raids on normal or higher for the first time since BC.

What are you even gonna fucking do with the +gooder.. jesus.
Oh hey let me introduce you to this idea called VIDEO GAMES.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is not a good thing for the industry and for players. What it did was (eventually) put back the industry moving forward to more innovative and fun game play. I say eventually because in theory it's a good thing but, i) it became a crutch, and, ii) it ended up being a pinata with no risk v reward and no skill required
Lfr has nothing to do with every class being beyond homogenized, removing the process of lvling entirely or even removing difficulty in a mmorpg whatsoever. All it did was allow players ( heck of alot of em) who can no longer follow raid schedual being able to see the content of a mmo whos 90% of development goes in raiding material. Lfr giving loot with armor models looking the same has the other difficulty was a side bonus i surely didnt care about, it was just easier for blizz to do that than to design different models. Lfr made me come back to wow and once i saw the content, guess what, i jumped in flex and normal to ramp up difficulty a wee bit.

That model isnt wrong at all. Its a win for everyone 25 + who really and i mean really really, cant reserve weekly nights to down X-cockblock in order to see what the content haed is. You get to see the content, unsub once its done, then come back after 2 years to see what blizz just released. Its the perfect model with the currrent content delivery rate.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Heroic Siege takes something, not sure if its skill or something to numb the sense but it was of the more difficult encounters.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Needless soloed Heroic Garrosh on the first try.
That isn't quite what i'm saying-something being challenging doesn't necessarily require "skill"
It simply requires:
meeting a gear criteria
ability to adapt to your screw ups (wiping)
patience to rinse and repeat this over and over until you finally get it.

It's like saying a game like Dark Souls takes skill, when all it really is-when you break it down, is the ability to memorize patterns.

But hey, I guess we all have our opinion on what skill actually is lol

Flight

Molten Core Raider
That model isnt wrong at all. Its a win for everyone 25 + who really and i mean really really, cant reserve weekly nights to down X-cockblock in order to see what the content haed is. You get to see the content, unsub once its done, then come back after 2 years to see what blizz just released. Its the perfect model with the currrent content delivery rate.
It's exactly my point. It's allowed them to turn out the same old shit sandwiches for another five years instead of them challenging themselves about content and systems. It's a significant part of why the genre is so stale.

Now they could have implemented raid finder and further assessed the whole game, but instead of doing that they've relied on it alone to keep the money train on track.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That isn't quite what i'm saying-something being challenging doesn't necessarily require "skill"
It simply requires:
meeting a gear criteria
patience to rinse and repeat this over and over until you finally get it.

It's like saying a game like Dark Souls takes skill, when all it really is-when you break it down, is the ability to memorize patterns.

But hey, I guess we all have our opinion on what skill actually is lol
So adaptability isn't a skill?
Isn't Dark Souls a game where you have to rinse and repeat over and over until you get it, or am I missing something on that?

I honestly think you're "opinion" on skill is the issue, not what everyone else's is.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So adaptability isn't a skill?
Isn't Dark Souls a game where you have to rinse and repeat over and over until you get it, or am I missing something on that?

I honestly think you're "opinion" on skill is the issue, not what everyone else's is.
As i said, we all have different opinions on skill. I don't see adapting after wiping 200 times on heroic garrosh skillful lol

And yes, that is exactly what Dark Souls is

edit: I do also see a skill in working as a team as well.
There are skills obviously but its really more about endurance more than anything.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Sweet this argument that comes up every WoW thread. This will end with Needless posting his armory of his LFR gear and everyone laughs at his little weiner. Time saved.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sweet this argument that comes up every WoW thread. This will end with Needless posting his armory of his LFR gear and everyone laughs at his little weiner. Time saved.
I prefer you call it a Tenis ;_; i'm a filthy casual lel

Anyway, is there a predicted timeframe of how long beta would last before release? I'm still not convinced that it will take them until december to release WoD lol