World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tol_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure most LFR wipes I've witnessed were on Siegecrafter. Garrosh a couple of times, the Galakras event a couple of times. But yeah, Siegecrafter is the worst for LFR.
Siegecrafter and thok are what seems to give people the most problems on the flex/normals I've run too. If people are going to get stuck on something, it's those movement intensive fights. It's amazing how people can do something hundreds of times and still not know to anticipate fixate/crawler mines.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Siegecrafter and thok are what seems to give people the most problems on the flex/normals I've run too. If people are going to get stuck on something, it's those movement intensive fights. It's amazing how people can do something hundreds of times and still not know to anticipate fixate/crawler mines.
Thok, really? Pretty sure you just jinxed it for me hah - never, ever had issues on Thok.

Edit: Again, just LFR for me. Going to try to get into a Flex this weekend though when I have some free time.

DavivMcD

Peasant
used my WoD boost to get my priest to 90, went disc for something new. And i have absolutely no idea how to play him. I tried to reading some guides but i quickly got bored.
Disc is extremely fun to play in 5-mans, not so much solo or raiding. Spam Holy Fire and Smite on mobs. If that isn't enough healing to keep anyone in your group topped off, hit them with a bubble and a Penance. Go shadow for solo questing though; Disc doesn't really do that much dps in comparison and the self-heals from Atonement are cut in half.

elvis_sl

shitlord
used my WoD boost to get my priest to 90, went disc for something new. And i have absolutely no idea how to play him. I tried to reading some guides but i quickly got bored.
disc in LFR is the most fun i ever had while healing.. just dps like normal (holy fire, penance and smite) and heal via atonement, PoM when you feel like it, shield people when you feel like it, divine star when you feel like it, then have a macro that casts archangel, spirit shell and PoH together..

divine star after a big hit is mad fun with green numbers popping anywhere, and while spirit shell before a big hit is not as satisfying, seeing half the raid take nearly no damage on your raid frames is also quite nice to look at.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Siegecrafter is a great example of encounter design. You have to deal with sawblades, laser fire, and missles/mines and with the quasi-random nature in how they are placed each attempt. In effect then each attempt offers a somewhat different experience in how it plays out. This is especially true on heroic where the empowered abilities make the fight even more frantic. It's definitely the Hall-of-Fame encounter design candidate for SoO.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Siegecrafter is a great example of encounter design. You have to deal with sawblades, laser fire, and missles/mines and with the quasi-random nature in how they are placed each attempt. In effect then each attempt offers a somewhat different experience in how it plays out. This is especially true on heroic where the empowered abilities make the fight even more frantic. It's definitely the Hall-of-Fame encounter design candidate for SoO.
So is Blackfuse the Mimiron of MoP, you'd say? Or harder (on heroic of course)?

Rime

<Donor>
Heroic Siegecrafter is probably the most difficult fight in WoW that I have ever participated in, discounting fights that were 'bugged'.

I did not play in Vanilla, so I cannot speak for that, but Siegecrafter was such an amazing, difficult fight.

Tantrik

So is Blackfuse the Mimiron of MoP, you'd say? Or harder (on heroic of course)?
Can't give a fair comparison since I never did hardmode Mim as progression. They're definitely in the same category though...and definitely have the same "whole room on fire" vibe (at least during Empowered Laser Turret).

EDIT: SoO is defnitely not the Ulduar of MoP though. Throne of Thunder has that title, and is easily a top 5 raid zone for just about everyone, and a top 3 for me. There are 4-5 amazing encounters in there and only 2-3 duds on heroic. Heroic Lei Shen was the hardest progression kill this expansion if you go by the number of wipes it took the top guilds to kill him.

Juvarisx

Florida
Firefighter Mimoron will have a special place in a lot of players hearts, because it was such a ridiculously hard non bugged fight that took dedication, skill and raid co-ordination to beat. There was no "B" team in that fight when you were learning it. Blackfuse is in a lot of ways the same way on Heroic, it is probably a harder fight in comparison but players have gotten a lot better since Ulduar was cutting edge.

Agree with the above though, progression wise Heroic Lei Shen was the hardest boss of the expansion, and Throne of Thunder was probably the best raid zone since Ulduar.

Vulg

We spent longer on Paragons than Siegecrafter, but then we had ridiculously good belt teams.

The last 3 bosses of SoO were all very good and made up for a lackluster first half.

Agree about Throne.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think Firefighter took a lot of the difficulty out of Yogg 0. The sheer amount of coordination you gained from pulling your guild through Mim basically trivialized Yogg 0 by comparison. I'd bet that without FF being so hard, Yogg 0 would have been far more brutal and a worse guild-killer than M'uru.

Nxs_sl

shitlord
I think Paragons was harder than Siegecrafter on heroic. This is 25 man though, since 10 man Paragons is significantly easier. For me, in 25 man Hc SoO, the order of bosses from harder to easier is:

- Paragons
- SiegeCrafter
- Garrosh
- Thok (a lot easier than Garrosh though)
- Malkorok
- The rest

I agree that Lei Shen Hc was the hardest fight in MoP.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I think Firefighter took a lot of the difficulty out of Yogg 0. The sheer amount of coordination you gained from pulling your guild through Mim basically trivialized Yogg 0 by comparison. I'd bet that without FF being so hard, Yogg 0 would have been far more brutal and a worse guild-killer than M'uru.
If I remember right, Yogg 0 went unkilled for like months after everything else had been beaten, and it was eventually beaten by some Chinese guild that stacked like 8 Warlocks to take advantage of Drain Soul on Yogg's low HP.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If I remember right, Yogg 0 went unkilled for like months after everything else had been beaten, and it was eventually beaten by some Chinese guild that stacked like 8 Warlocks to take advantage of Drain Soul on Yogg's low HP.
Very vague memory here but I seem to remember the fight being unbeatable due to a bug something to do with the debuff that you had to share. The second it was finally "fixed" after months of Blizzard saying there was no bug, Yogg 0 was killed pretty quickly by a lot of people.
FF has got to be the best fight in WoW no doubt about it, having that achievement from back when it was relevant should be a Feat of Strength

Spynx_sl

shitlord
anybody have a place I can call home? I am going to level up a hunter for WoD... im 11/14H xp and just looking for some relaxed raiding until WoD...

xzi

Mouthbreather
Boy, I'm leveling a holy paladin and hit 44 today doing almost exclusively dungeons with a few BG's in there, hpala is so much different than I ever remember and I actually enjoy playing it now.
&& I've never even healed a monk on my druid when the xpac first came out cause I mostly stuck with a warrior tank friend, but.. maybe it's lower levels, it seems monks are squishy as fuck? I was having trouble healing this dude who was wearing BoA gear and I don't understand it. Probably stupid question, but are they always like this or is it just because I'm 40?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Oh thank god. At least for the first time leveling it was actually challenging to heal. I mean I've been playing heals since vanilla I'd imagine I should know how to keep retards alive by now, but hey I don't know shit about MoP. Thanks for the reply though.