World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tol_sl

shitlord
The problem with that is how lockouts work, and I think that's the main driver of alts. It's pretty bogus that your main can really only do a few hours of raid content a week, and if you decide to do a normal run with less geared friends or whatever, you're boned for attempting heroics.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The problem with that is how lockouts work, and I think that's the main driver of alts. It's pretty bogus that your main can really only do a few hours of raid content a week, and if you decide to do a normal run with less geared friends or whatever, you're boned for attempting heroics.
That's changing in 6.0. Each difficulty has it's own lockout.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's a little thing, but doing the solo instances on the Isle of Thunder last night kinda made me excited for WoD. Forget sometimes how fun it is to have story stuff to go through again, rather than just one grind after another.

...and then I did the Nalak thing and now im back to a grind for runestones (yay buff).

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
Just got gold on my warlock for challenge modes. Was going to do Druid next, but my friends said fuck that and won't do it again (I don't know why challenge modes are by far one of the top 5 things they've added to WOW in its entire life).
If anyone on Horde wants to team up, I'll run healer/tank with Druid. I have the battle horn and I'm farming the CC thing as well. I'll probably do tank although I'm not opposed to healing. I'd like to run them on the weekends or Friday night. My battletag is Penance1464
I still need to finish this on my mage, I keep putting it off. Diay#1544 weekends would be great other than this one i'll be out of town, be back Sunday afternoon.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The legendary cloak is like a gimme to Blizzard. It's legendary, so players forgive the grinds. Everyone needs it to do well, so everyone wants it. - All the while Blizzard knows you'll stay for at least 3 months to complete it, if not more. Legendary items only having a marginal power gain over heroic gear with a fancy graphic and only a few people per server just seemed proper to me. Diablo is just about all legendaries at max - they are no longer special there, or here. They plan on having a legendary ring quest in WOD for those of you that don't know. Higher level hubs have a few dailies per. Some aren't functioning and don't have the blue quest icon. Blizzard has always had factions and it's no different now. Blue trackers have shown the discussion about them and all they've said is that they are trying something different this time. Whatever that means.

elvis_sl

shitlord
There are also a couple (maybe just one long one, can't remember) fun ones as part of the legendary questline.
sadly none of them require any skill whatsoever (unlike the green fire quest, which was done really really well). just look at all the idiots you are killing ordos with, blowing up the whole raid over and over again with their debuff.

Rime

<Donor>
Supposedly, there will be the 'freebie' (as people have taken to calling it) Legendary Ring in WoD, which is obtained like the Legendary Cloak in MoP as well as a Legendary weapon that will come through one of the tiers of raiding.

Also, did 6/9 of my Challenge Modes last night. It was a lot of fun. Three more to go!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
In spite of all historical evidence pointing towards the contrary, Chilton is still shamelessly peddling the tale that they're going to have an annual expac (no no...reallyguys... we mean it this time... for real...) and because of that they're only planning on two raid tiers for WoD. Well, technically, I guess there'll 2.5 since they're waiting longer than they waited between MSV and HoF/ToES for tier 17 (months instead of weeks).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
In spite of all historical evidence pointing towards the contrary, Chilton is still shamelessly peddling the tale that they're going to have an annual expac (no no...reallyguys... we mean it this time... for real...) and because of that they're only planning on two raid tiers for WoD. Well, technically, I guess there'll 2.5 since they're waiting longer than they waited between MSV and HoF/ToES for tier 17 (months instead of weeks).
Well, this is the first expac without a new race or class besides Cata where they literally redid the entire world. Once they start getting over "game changing features" and accept the sunset, they'll start packaging free content patches as expacs.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well, this is the first expac without a new race or class besides Cata where they literally redid the entire world. Once they start getting over "game changing features" and accept the sunset, they'll start packaging free content patches as expacs.
Yeah if they did only content expansions we would be able to have one every 12 months on the dot. Reinventing the wheel every time .... takes too much out of the team.

Rime

<Donor>
I would like for them to stop changing every single fracking class every expansion, please.

Add a new ability or something, but frell having to re-learn every class nearly every expansion.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I would like for them to stop changing every single fracking class every expansion, please.

Add a new ability or something, but frell having to re-learn every class nearly every expansion.
I've felt that way before, but I had another thought too - WoW has had unprecedented success, and noone else has even gotten CLOSE to them.

Perhaps the fact that they make huge changes every expansion keeps the game more fresh than we realize, and has helped its longevity quite a bit.

------

Unrelated - just finished my legendary cloak! Does that mean I won WoW yet?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
4 drops out of 10 bosses (just Vale left) on Runestones tonight even with the buff, going to be a while before I finish mine.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes and no. Sometimes the things they change are stupid, sometimes they hit the nail on the head, it's a bit of a toss up. Imo Cataclysm was the worst xpack because of the various class changes, destrolock for example went from superbly fun in LK to a chore in Cata (Soulfire buff to be mantained? Fuck that shit with a hot poker).
MoP in my opinion made several classes more enjoyable, even if slightly so, WoD changes on the other hand have completely failed to impress me so far, but it's hard to tell if they'll have a positive impact on gameplay without spending a couple months trying them out.

WoW has something magically addictive behind its combat system, more of the same since 2004 (early 2005 for us europeans) and yet a ton of people are still hooked, hell I'm the first to admit that while I like also other games and other MMOs, WoW is just better and feels like home nowadays.

Anyway, I have a question for some lucky bugger in beta: how is brewmaster doing?