World of Warcraft: Current Year

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am more than ready for a Story Arch Quest that turns you neutral to both Horde and Alliance. I am so tired of having people on my friends list that I know, but I cant play with them cause theyre on the other faction. Been one of my wishes since, well... the entire life of the game. It only makes sense that they would do it now with how each faction is overlapping each other. Only having design for one faction would cut down on the duplication of town, cities, hubs etc. and maybe they can add more content that matters. But honestly, we probably wont see cross faction shit until the game starts to tank.
For me it's a pita. I had 6 alliance characters and 5 horde ones. Now they are 7 and 4, because I did a faction change to play with my friends on alliance side with a specific class, since those on horde side have all pretty much stopped playing in Cataclysm. Moving the other 4 is too costly, so fuck it. It's getting ridicolous, the excuses they pull out to mantain a supposed status of permanent warfare don't make sense. Down with segregation! Someone pick up this bat-phone and make an official protest.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ironic thing is throughout the games life we have teamed up with the horde in so many story lines and quests and dungeons and even a few raids there really is no jusitification to not let players group with hordes. Sure maybe restrict them from visiting the other sides main cities but let people group together.

Bruman

Golden Squire
The ironic thing is throughout the games life we have teamed up with the horde in so many story lines and quests and dungeons and even a few raids there really is no justification to not let players group with hordes. Sure maybe restrict them from visiting the other sides main cities but let people group together.
I think the same thing all the time from the horde side of the fence. It's hamfisted and doesn't make any sense. WoW can only get away with splitting its player base in half like this because of its enormous mass. Seriously - as a new horde player, how long before you take a quest from an Alliance race? The Nesingwary quests in STV are something everyone does, right? That's like 30 or something. Maybe earlier.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup and alliance gets more than a few quests even pretty early on from taurens and trolls. I say work it like eq2 main cities are KOS to the other faction but people can still group with whoever they want to whenever they want to.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Ill highlight a few parts for you. The Brewmaster was already weak in its current iteration, but now these changes have went through and they effect all Tanks. Even so, the weak get weaker and nothings really been done about it. Not to sound like a premadona, but Im not going to play my Monk this expansion unless something changes for the better. Check below the line for speed.

If you care to look up data mined info - .. Best example I can give you is doing Protectors in SoO. A DPS has to take the football and use his cool down that grants him invulnerability for a short period before handing it off, right? Exacerbate the issue behind DPS being relatively in the same playing field as a Tank and you can see what they're are "aiming for" but with the expansion two months away from release and mobs having been tuned in Mythic already to accommodate the current tank changes that were in place before these - they're pressing their time pretty hard and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that some of the Tanks are going to shine, while others are going to have to wait for that "Miracle patch" that's going to come after release. A class like the Monk that excels at avoidance is going to take the short end of the stick with Resolve, for example.
It's interesting to note that Elusive Brew, at least according to that, didn't get touched at all. That's been buffed to like 45 or 50% on beta and with the old Shuffle it would have been literally godmode. Quite a few people were talking about rerolling Night Elf when they saw that because it would have been the difference between 90 and 92% avoidance (20% less damage) in intro gear and could have been the difference between taking and not taking damage at all in higher levels of gear.

Monk Mastery didn't get hit either and it's by far the best part of being a Monk tank, it smooths out damage spikes. It's not like Warrior mastery where sometimes you take no damage and sometimes it does nothing. Spikes are still what kill tanks, they said they were going to change that in cata but they didn't, then they said they were going to change it in MoP but didn't, I doubt they're going to do it now.

The main weakness of Monks right now is spell damage that you can't stagger, but they got a talent to be able to do that too in WoD.

Cybsled

Ya, monks are probably the best able to take spike damage because of stagger, but I would assume overall damage taken remains high because of low armor and the need to build EB stacks.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya, monks are probably the best able to take spike damage because of stagger, but I would assume overall damage taken remains high because of low armor and the need to build EB stacks.
rrr_img_75658.jpg

Ive done most stuff offered in Beta so far. As Im sure a lot of people have. But maybe you know more than I do. If anything, I really do hope that Im wrong. But..

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I don't get it though? Why fuck so much with a tanks "tankiness"?
Rated PvP was a big reason. 0-0 stalemates in the CTF BGs are depressingly common due to the fact that they mitigate damage so well it's virtually impossible to kill a tank-specced character even with a 100% damage debuff on them. They can stack resilience on top of their tanking abilities to the point that only something like 0.2% of incoming DPS actually affects their HP pool, and then they have their gigantic Vengeance-fueled absorb abilities to absorb even that.

Daidraco

It was in arena/BG's at first, but I thought they took that out.. like.. forever ago?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just ban everyone from being in Healer or Tank spec in PVP and give everyone the PVP experience they're always asking for.

Astaire_sl

shitlord
I'm just tired of playing the game alone. If you guys want to play with someone who isn't totally retarded, please: Avatin#1766. Holy/Ret Pally and leveling up a hunter. Alliance. Emerald Dream. I NEED SOCIAL INTERACTION.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm just tired of playing the game alone. If you guys want to play with someone who isn't totally retarded, please: Avatin#1766. Holy/Ret Pally and leveling up a hunter. Alliance. Emerald Dream. I NEED SOCIAL INTERACTION.
I'd love to, but Horde
frown.png
WTB Cross-faction grouping.

Daidraco

Sounds like you're going through the frustrating part of gearing up.

Astaire_sl

shitlord
Pretty much. I'm ilvl 521 or something. I miss the social aspect that WoW used to have but I know that's just the way it is now.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
If i had a group that wanted to do challenge modes and raids Id come back. Most of my friends wont touch the game though which sucks
frown.png