World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
So this is it....in 5 days we march to Draenor to put a stop to the Iron Horde to secure a safe Azeroth for the future.

FMCM7o8.jpg

I need to get a BoA staff for my druid, if I choose balance as my loot spec will I always get the staff, or is there still a chance it will give me the stupid mace instead?
As far as I can tell, you get any loot assigned to the spec you choose, as shown in the dungeon journal.

For the first kill guarantied drop, they said it was going to be spec specific.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unfortunately, the Dungeon Journal is no help because after the first kill you can randomly get any weapon for any spec if you get lucky, so that's what it shows in the loot list. Doesn't matter if you've gotten your first kill on the character or not. I guess I just buy my carry, set loot to balance, and hope the staff is weighted higher because it's the 'dps' weapon. Probably doesn't matter anyway, the mace will be fine for the druid and by the time I get around to leveling a mage I can probably just throw a crafted 630 weapon on it, since they are equippable at 91. Lack of heirloom really isn't a big deal on any alts you don't rush straight to 100 in the first month.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Grabbed the Whee! buff and camped my character above the dark portal. Now for a little 4 day break from WoW before launch week craziness. Trying to decide just how crazy I want to go on alts in the first two weeks to try to get my barn rolling blood-chances as soon as possible. If you're silly enough to get all 11 characters up to the barn day 1 that's totally only 2 days of Work Orders to unlock level 3 barns
biggrin.png

seanc_sl

shitlord
I need to get a BoA staff for my druid, if I choose balance as my loot spec will I always get the staff, or is there still a chance it will give me the stupid mace instead?
I've gotten the staff and mace on multiple chars, My caster dps have always gotten the staff, and anytime I chose a healing spec for the first boa, it's always been a mace.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My discipline priest got the staff on heroic and the mace on normal. It's random.

Cybsled

i have an important question

did the gnomes ever take back gnomeregan
Actually, they sort of did. If you roll a gnome now, they have a new starting experience in the upper levels of Gnomergon and there is a reclaimed village/staging area outside. The dungeon is still in game, but they mixed the plot up a bit.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The Blizzcon documentary is up on Youtube now:

(Everquest shout-out at ~5 minutes in
smile.png
)
Pretty decent gaming documentary. One of the better ones I watched. The part with the monitoring of servers and when it showed people logging in was cool.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That documentary was infinitely less cringeworthy than the EQ one. It was really neat to watch though, not very often you get to see the inner workings of game companies, let alone blizzard.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Installing WOW for the first time since 2009... damn. Boosting up a monk unless a better argument can be made for my Warlock, Shaman, Druid, or Rogue. Are there mechanisms in place to make leveling up tradeskills through the oldschool mats less terrible?

Noahx

N00b
The hype train + that video = I'm resub'ing. Call me a sucker. Haven't played in 2+ years so i'm sure there is a good 3 months worth of casual content to enjoy. Not to mention AB pvp is always entertaining.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Installing WOW for the first time since 2009... damn. Boosting up a monk unless a better argument can be made for my Warlock, Shaman, Druid, or Rogue. Are there mechanisms in place to make leveling up tradeskills through the oldschool mats less terrible?
If you have the character at level sixty when you boost it will have maxed professions, otherwise there are certain items that give multiple level ups and in wod you will be able to level entirely on wod created patterns.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That documentary was infinitely less cringeworthy than the EQ one. It was really neat to watch though, not very often you get to see the inner workings of game companies, let alone blizzard.
That's because SOE trailers and documentaries are garbage tier and I'm not sure why they even bother shitting them out.

Vorph

there are certain items that give multiple level ups and in wod you will be able to level entirely on wod created patterns.
Based on all the beta info I have seen, the items are too rare to be of any real use and leveling strictly off WoD recipes isn't a great idea (not a flat out terrible idea, like leveling BS to 600 today with just ghost iron, but still worse than doing most of it the old way).

In other words, you really should level to 60 first and choose two really annoying profs on your boosted characters... like ench and scribe (or tailor if you pick a cloth class). Leveling to 60 may be enough to make him reconsider that monk idea too. I got to about 40 before I realized the class was a design experiment gone horribly wrong.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone know if it's worth it to load up on daily quests to turn in once WoD goes live for some quick exp?

Vorph

From what I've heard, it's about a half of a level if you choose the right ones. Unfortunately, "right ones" means all the PVP shit on Isle of Thunder along with the Klaxxi quests, and takes several days to set up. Not sure it's worth it if you have to fly all over MoP to turn them in.