World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I didn't even know that you just had to kill a shitload of mobs to get an invasion. lol. That's actually kind of a cool idea but I wish there was a way to know how to get invasions in-game. Also, Alliance invasions are so much more pretty looking. I've never been a fan of snowy environments but that's just me.

That said, do we know what is going to come of the legendary Khadgar quest line? is it just going to end up a lego ring? I really hope they don't repeat MoPs "COLLECT EVERYTHING" for the chain. The story for it was enjoyable but that doesn't feel legendary at all it just felt like a typical mmo quest to collect 10 bear asses. So far it seems to be looking to be the same with having to collect a shit ton of raid items to advance. Who knows though. I hope they make it more "event" feeling

Needless

Toe Sucker
watching some EU dude do gold challenge modes, seems like you pretty muchneeda battle res for some of the strats (get # of required kills, and train past everything else.. bres pop and continue). DK tank or resto druid = best by far lol

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been out of the game for a while but did they ever have another event that rivaled the scale and scope of the AQ unlocking event?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I've been out of the game for a while but did they ever have another event that rivaled the scale and scope of the AQ unlocking event?
I know I enjoyed doing a bunch of pointless shit so some turd in a top guild could get a mount and a title, the top 2-3 guilds had a zone to raid that we'd see a year later maybe, and we could crash the server repeatedly trying to watch a guy bang the gong.

That was epic indeed

Tenks

Hm I liked it. Granted this was when I could/did play 12+ hours a day and our server unlocked the instance first. But I thought it was at least a cool idea.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know I enjoyed doing a bunch of pointless shit so some turd in a top guild could get a mount and a title, the top 2-3 guilds had a zone to raid that we'd see a year later maybe, and we could crash the server repeatedly trying to watch a guy bang the gong.

That was epic indeed
Only the most powerful poopsock warrior can claim the prize. There can be only one.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If they ever did that event now everyone would be able to ring the gong, be in their own instanced zone, get a legendary mount and might as well throw in a legendary class-specific weapon as well. Also it would be repeatable on alts.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What baffles me is the lv90 30 minute patrol that keeps popping up. My lowest active follower is 99. Maybe it's there to get the required achievement?

sukik

What baffles me is the lv90 30 minute patrol that keeps popping up. My lowest active follower is 99. Maybe it's there to get the required achievement?
I know I needed 50 for the achievement to unlock the level 3 barracks, not sure if they're useful after that.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Iron Horde invasion is bugged and does not spawn enough mobs to get to gold. Try any other invasion and you'll see its much easier.
Well in theory for this upcoming weeks run I am currently in the process of an epic rampage vs the shadow council working to get the wingman achievement with my bird body guard and work up my shatt'ari defenders rep in shattrath city so we shall see how a shadow council invasion works. I honestly am surprised I got the iron horde one firing off as I have spent a lot more time murdering shadow council.

Vorph

If you want mitigation as a warrior, versatility reduces incoming damage by a certain percentage. Mastery increases block/crit block chance so you'd want to prioritize versatility over mastery.
Forgot to reply to this earlier: the reason versatility is [relatively] shitty is because it takes 260 rating to get 1% damage reduction. So no, you don't want to prioritize versatility over mastery or crit as a prot warrior gearing for mitigation. I think people who defend the stat as being good forget that you only get half as much damage reduction per rating point as you do damage/healing.

Tenks

I was briefly watching a warriors stream today and he claimed STR > Armor > Haste (until 330(?)) > Crit > Multi. At least that is how he prioritized his gear. He did not care for Mastery of Versatility. He said Mastery doesn't mean to junk the item but it isn't optimal.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got rid of my LM and built an inn. Scavenger followers 4tw.
Yup they are probably the one really worth while thing to use an inn to fish for. Ideally you want at least two of them you want to have at least one on every GR reward mission pretty much pays off your follower mission costs over time pretty easily and allows you to build up GR at a good clip.

Tenks

Yeah, I don't mind the low/short missions at all for that reason.
Someone on reddit was saying if you want to maximize salvage to make sure you have a 90-94 and 95-99 follower at all times. This way you can get those fast and easy missions. If everyone is 100 you'll get nothing but longer missions.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
For salvage, does it scale with mission level? Or would keeping one lower level follower (or two) be worthwhile to keep low level short missions available?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't even know that you just had to kill a shitload of mobs to get an invasion. lol. That's actually kind of a cool idea but I wish there was a way to know how to get invasions in-game. Also, Alliance invasions are so much more pretty looking. I've never been a fan of snowy environments but that's just me.

That said, do we know what is going to come of the legendary Khadgar quest line? is it just going to end up a lego ring? I really hope they don't repeat MoPs "COLLECT EVERYTHING" for the chain. The story for it was enjoyable but that doesn't feel legendary at all it just felt like a typical mmo quest to collect 10 bear asses. So far it seems to be looking to be the same with having to collect a shit ton of raid items to advance. Who knows though. I hope they make it more "event" feeling
The mechanic is okay but there needs to be more feed back about what is going on I think. There is really nothing in game that gives any hints as to how you are progressing. This is likely something that will wind up getting added in over time as I think the lack of feed back is going to make a lot of people not even realize that invasions are a real thing.

Honestly as long as I can spawn the one per week you can get credit for I am okay with it maybe lower the slaughter cap down a bit so you fire them off as you do your apexis dalies for the week. It may also be one of those things that seems odd only at the start of the expansion as you are still working to get the critical mass of mob killing done where they just start firing off more and more consistently as you go.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Marksman stat weights fluctuate a lot based on tier so I just wound up averaging them out like icy veins did:

Weap: 15
Agi: 5.5
Crit: 3
MS: 2.8
Haste/Mastery/Versatility: 2.5

Really don't think that can steer you wrong for now.

Also, nobody is buying the 640 crafted stuff it seems. Prices vary from 15-50k but I don't see any whales grabbing it up. People advertise their available patterns all day and nobody seems to give a shit.

I'll just make myself 3 pieces of crit/multi gear, it should only take about 3 months to upgrade them past heroic raid BIS drops with whatever shit stat combos they have. (I'll look up the worst non-set slots)

PS: Am I making this up, or does a higher LW stat give you more return on your daily cooldown?