World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah everything I have read is that if your healer and tank are appropriately geared CC in heroics is pretty much optional leading towards simply being a waste of time

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I saw a guy CC some mobs in one of the heroics I ran this weekend.. one..
I glyphed my paralyze CC so it removes DoTs and pugs still go out of their way to break it despite the mob being 20+ meters away. To be clear if shit is going bad I roll away, taunt mob, paralyze it, roll back. Works great unless huntard is spamming multishit or locks spread around rain of fire like retards.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's faster usually for me to either run in and defile or just deathgrip unless a hunter/mage/druid/whoever is really fast at running ahead and CC'ing before we finish the current group.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pretty sure the closer to 700 LW you have the more of the daily stuff you get per combine so it gets more and more efficient as you level it. The crafted stuff I think is a bit in limbo given how hard it is to get the blood to upgrade it some are just using their war forged blues and will try to get their upgrades via highmaul this week.

I think if the item upgrading was a bit less painful the crafted stuff would have better market value than they currently do. I see them being pretty hot though for gearing alts as they are all level 91 usable which would if you had a three piece set be pretty insane.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Purely anecdotal between my DK and Paladin. Overall, mitigation seemed similar. However, on my DK my health bar was a roller coaster of emotion up and down. Also had a bunch of buttons for survival cooldowns, etc. Probably fairly stressful for the healer.

With my paladin, it seems like a smoother health loss. Mitigation seems more dependent on perfecting the rotation and holy power generation. I also feel more confident about tanking lots of mobs at the same time as block / shield seems to do more than just a 30% reduction in damage. I swear it deducts some base amount still as I don't think I take damage sometimes.
You get a perk leveling up that increases the blocked amount to 40%

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=157488

Plus Sacred Shield can block a flat amount every 6s.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I start out CC'ing packs until I figure out what the tank/healer can do. From there it's either continue CC'ing or just go plain DPS. 97% of the time it's plain DPS and we all burn down whatever pack the tank brings in for us to kill.

As someone said before, heroics this time don't feel really heroic. I have a 635 Hunter. Myself, a low DPS (but good CC'er) rogue, and healer carried the group while the paper tank and shitdps died on pulls time after time. As a tank, it's time to go do something else when a hunter is a better tank than you are. Groups like these are rare, though. Mostly, it's just stand and burn everything down...fuck the mechanics.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I mean some of the boss fights are kinda gnarly mechanics wise. I'm happy with them when I get to do them with my buddies. (mainly pvp)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll CC if someone marks, or tells me too. I'd probably do it on my own if groups weren't running from pack to pack LOLAE spamming as fast as possible. My experience with pugs hasn't actually been that bad.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why would you? Heroics are fairly easy, tougher than MoP but not Cataclysm or Burning Crusade hard.

Unless Discipline Priests are overpowered or something? Even when I had a shitty fresh 100 tank with the same HP I had we managed it with only a little mess.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I start out CC'ing packs until I figure out what the tank/healer can do. From there it's either continue CC'ing or just go plain DPS. 97% of the time it's plain DPS and we all burn down whatever pack the tank brings in for us to kill.

As someone said before, heroics this time don't feel really heroic. I have a 635 Hunter. Myself, a low DPS (but good CC'er) rogue, and healer carried the group while the paper tank and shitdps died on pulls time after time. As a tank, it's time to go do something else when a hunter is a better tank than you are. Groups like these are rare, though. Mostly, it's just stand and burn everything down...fuck the mechanics.
There are a few mob packs where CC is nice but overall I have done all the heroic dungeons and non seemed to really require CC for trash mobs. There are a few boss fights that have some adds where CC is useful like the shadowmoon one but overall as people finish up their dungeon/heroic dungeon sets its not really necessary. Honestly the heroics don't seem that much harder than the non heroic versions and I have wiped a lot more on non normal mode than I have on heroic mode runs I have done. I have even done the croman and leeroy jenkins follower events the first attempt in total pugs who were not even 100% what we needed to do for them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The worst is that fucking train dungeon. Cool idea but terrible fucking execution on the camera angles.

I like popping that DK talent that heals me for a huge amount but makes me absorb a ton of healing. Healers start going "OH SHIT WHY ARENT MY HEALS DOING ANYTHING"

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Watching some of the boss fights from the raid tomorrow - some of the mechanics/fights look pretty cool - the Tectus or whatever his name is fight looks especially crazy.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
rrr_img_83677.jpg

I'll take it. Orange text in guild chat was the link :p

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So, any free fishing bots that won't give me AIDS?
1/2 through Draenor Angler... :| Fuck me if I ever catch another Sea Scorpion, Blackwater Whiptail, or Fat Sleeper again.

Also, those are the easiest, as you can put around the same area camping fish spawns without much trouble.

Sea Scorpions around Shattrath Harbor, Blackwater Whiptail around the interior of Shattrath (near Terrorflame spawn if you have the Angler raft is amazing), and Fat Sleeper around Throne of Elements.

Fire Ammonite is going to be the death of me. I can't find a consistent place to farm them up.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What baffles me is the lv90 30 minute patrol that keeps popping up. My lowest active follower is 99. Maybe it's there to get the required achievement?
It's the mission slot for the fixed "get only once" missions. Apparently, instead of popping no mission until you get the next "once" mission, he keeps popping the default mission.

(basically, this mission is the "cloth cap" of missions)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
YIt's kinda vague; there is a vocal crowd rabbling about professions being bad but no ones really explaining why or what they prefer.
I'll have a simple example. I have a weaponsmith alt (played as a complete casual alt).

In MoP, he started out making himself a set of green qual armor (with the exception of bracers, who went straight blue qual). Once he had that, he remade pieces of armor until he had blue quality armor, then dps stat (because two pieces had tanking stats, and I was playing as a dps). That occured as he got some ore to play with. When he was done with the processus, he had a full set of blue armor which he kept until 90. He would probably have replaced it in the last zone, but that didn't happen as he was 100 before (all that rest xp). And he was almost maxed in skill. And never made a piece of epic raid-ilvl armor ever.

In WoD? First off, he can't make a full set of anything on his own rythm. There are THREE pieces of "leveling" armor, which have a lower ilvl, and require 92, 95 and 98 level and give him absolutely no skill points whatsoever. And BOP so they can't fuel the enchanter. And yes, he can't make the helm until he is 98... but if he has 100 Truesteel, he can make a helm with a higher ilvl and only 91 level req and gives skill points.

Anyway, that's three pieces. And the guy is 603 in skill now by making the 15 truesteel needed. Only 97 pts to go. Which is going to require logging in DAILY, for around 70 days (because it's yellow, and sometimes, yes, you don't get skill pt for your daily cooldowns) to max.

For the last 3 pieces of crafted armor, HE HAS to make an epic piece. With require 9 days of cooldowns (including building work orders) because Blizzard want the raiders (which he isn't) to have to wait to make those pieces. So, he is not going to go thru the expansion wearing HIS armor, he's going to go thru the expansion wearing his quest greens, like everybody else. Because professions now have exactly ONE purpose: make some LFR filler, PERIOD. There's nothing else remaining in the gutted corpse of professions for the people who liked professions as a gearing for casual play thru the expansion.
The design intention is very clearly a TIME-gated ilvl progression route separate from raiding or apexis.
Yep. Casual? Don't bother with professions, they're no longer for you.