World of Warcraft: Current Year

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whats the overall mitigation diff between Wars / DKs / Paladins. We as DKs obviously don't get shields but we get heals, is that how its averaged out?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Daily CD is 4 mats from 1-599, then it scales from 5 to 10 as you level it to 700.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Since I haven't seen it talked about is crushing blow removed from the game? I know in vanilla 63+ mobs could crushing blow the tank but it couldn't occur while blocking which is why warriors were basically mandatory for high end raiding due to the mitigation from a near immunity to crushing blows thanks to shield block. Since no one talks about it I have to assume it was removed from the game at some point.

Similarly I assume since individual weapon skills were removed glancing blows are also a thing of the past?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think they removed crushing blows in TBC, and it was a gay mechanic. I think we needed to have 540 defense and sometimes pop a shield block in front of heavy attacks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Whats the overall mitigation diff between Wars / DKs / Paladins. We as DKs obviously don't get shields but we get heals, is that how its averaged out?
We get heals and we had greater dodge/parry reliance. I'm not sure if that changed with WOD though, but our heals are pretty high right now.

Malkav

French Madman
I was briefly watching a warriors stream today and he claimed STR > Armor > Haste (until 330(?)) > Crit > Multi. At least that is how he prioritized his gear. He did not care for Mastery of Versatility. He said Mastery doesn't mean to junk the item but it isn't optimal.
That's Gladiator warrior stats priority, not the tank one.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Purely anecdotal between my DK and Paladin. Overall, mitigation seemed similar. However, on my DK my health bar was a roller coaster of emotion up and down. Also had a bunch of buttons for survival cooldowns, etc. Probably fairly stressful for the healer.

With my paladin, it seems like a smoother health loss. Mitigation seems more dependent on perfecting the rotation and holy power generation. I also feel more confident about tanking lots of mobs at the same time as block / shield seems to do more than just a 30% reduction in damage. I swear it deducts some base amount still as I don't think I take damage sometimes.

Tenks

I think they removed crushing blows in TBC, and it was a gay mechanic. I think we needed to have 540 defense and sometimes pop a shield block in front of heavy attacks.
No argument. Being cornered into itemizing for defense was just bad mechanics. Glad they got rid of it.

Also I thought I remember seeing raid gear from MoP have like +500 STA and shit on it. Now gear in WoD seems to have like +160 STA. Did they lower STA across the board or what happened there?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I know I enjoyed doing a bunch of pointless shit so some turd in a top guild could get a mount and a title, the top 2-3 guilds had a zone to raid that we'd see a year later maybe, and we could crash the server repeatedly trying to watch a guy bang the gong.

That was epic indeed
The top Alliance guild on our server zoned into AQ40 right away and came out with about 4 DPS/Tanking items for healing classes from about 2 bosses after many wipes.

I was in the top Horde guild and we rampaged around Silithus farming enough rep for 40+ epic rings for the entire guild which everyone actually needed, we then zoned into AQ20 and cleared most of it, getting probably as many useless epics as the Alliance guild did. We caught them up and killed Princess Huhuran frst, shame that Twin Emps trash killed the guild
frown.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No argument. Being cornered into itemizing for defense was just bad mechanics. Glad they got rid of it.

Also I thought I remember seeing raid gear from MoP have like +500 STA and shit on it. Now gear in WoD seems to have like +160 STA. Did they lower STA across the board or what happened there?
They did a stat squish all around for this expansion ( a previous patch actually), otherwise we'd be up in the 1M HP land right now.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You aren't making that up. At least, JC/Enchant give more with higher skill.

Tenks

General warriors question:

As a prot warrior do you use the Glyph of Cleave? How does this interact with mezzed targets? It seems like a skill that can have good use in some cases and bad use in other cases. Unless it ignores and avoid cleaving into mesmerized targets. Right now I have cleave, +Rage on Charge, +Radius on TC as my primary glyphs mostly because those seemed like the best to try and help me out with multi target threat generation. But I have concerns with cleave.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't know about cleave, but if you aren't concerned about t-clap, bladestorm etc cleaving, why just the concern about cleave?

I doubt it ignores CC'd mobs though, like highly doubt it

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You shouldn't be fighting anywhere near a CC'ed mob, or it will be broken instantly, if not by you then by the dps. As a DK, I hit blood boil about every 3 seconds and that's an unlimited target PBAE. Cleave shouldn't even be a concern at all.

Tenks

I don't know about cleave, but if you aren't concerned about t-clap, bladestorm etc cleaving, why just the concern about cleave?

I doubt it ignores CC'd mobs though, like highly doubt it
I can run into them, t clap and start to drag away. But I had concerns about my Revenge and/or Cleave interfering with any CC'd mobiles that may have been dragged into the main pack. For the most part do people pull via CC these days? My only point of context is back in vanilla tanking where warriors really lacked any AOE so we had to pull to get initial threat and lay sunder on the mobs until anyone really joined in unless it was faceroll content. So fighting next to a sheep wasn't out of the ordinary.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can run into them, t clap and start to drag away. But I had concerns about my Revenge and/or Cleave interfering with any CC'd mobiles that may have been dragged into the main pack. For the most part do people pull via CC these days? My only point of context is back in vanilla tanking where warriors really lacked any AOE so we had to pull to get initial threat and lay sunder on the mobs until anyone really joined in unless it was faceroll content. So fighting next to a sheep wasn't out of the ordinary.
CCing does not pull anymore. You CC, the rest of the mobs don't care.

The only skill that is 'intelligent' around CC is Avenger's Shield that I was able to tell. I think that is because it bounces between 'valid' targets. All my cleaves (hammer of the righteous, etc) break CC.

Tenks

CCing does not pull anymore. You CC, the rest of the mobs don't care.

The only skill that is 'intelligent' around CC is Avenger's Shield that I was able to tell. I think that is because it bounces between 'valid' targets. All my cleaves (hammer of the righteous, etc) break CC.
Good to know. Thanks.