World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wish they would pay some intern like 5 min to write a script for the salvage yard that when I'm opening boxes it auto sells all the greens and greys, DE's the shitty transmog gear, and puts the few epics in my bags.

The whole reason I stopped bothering with the crates is having to hunt and pick through my bags to find the random shitty greens to sell. Fuck the horrible bag sorting system, it only works if you have like 4-5 crates to open. Anything over 10+ and you'll spend a good 5 min per character playing seek and destroy.
Addons like Bagnon don't help with this for sorting?

Clug

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My crates just fill my open bag slots. I don't use a bag addon other than scrap for auto junk selling. I just make sure my bags are sorted before opening crates and all my crates are dumped properly. Armor/weapons to the armor bag, mats and shit to the crafting bag, the rest to the other bags. Very easy to see whats junk and what isn't. Takes me no time at all to empty 20 crates and sell the worthless shit. I've made a lot of gold off crates.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I use the addon Sell Grey which adds a button at the vendor window so you can sell all junk items with 1 push.

I just need something that sells all green items as well.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I use elvui and just make sure I've got 10-15 slots open, open a few crates at a time, open up the vendor in the salvage yard and it auto sells the grays. Because all the stuff is in the top 10 slots I can also quickly discern what gets vendored (greens) or kept for de'ing (610 blues). I can chew through 80 crates in a couple minutes and it definitely doesn't stress me.

Maybe try getting a bag mod that puts all your bag slots together (see below)

rrr_img_94419.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just clear some bag space at the top for all your salvage to go to. Open up all your crates and let the stuff you don't have room for go to your mailbox. Go to your mailbox and mount your vendor mount and and sell your greens and junk and keep opening all your mail. Rinse and repeat.

Rime

<Donor>
Another 'quick' way to make gold is to clear the old Cataclysm raids on 25m Heroic. You will pocket 125(ish) gold per boss, not counting the drops - which will usually net you another 100 or so gold. Given that there are 27 of them (Mind you, some are difficult to do for most classes - Shannox, Baleroc, Halfus, etc), almost any level 100 in LFR gear can get a good 10-15 of them down a week.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The whole reason I stopped bothering with the crates is having to hunt and pick through my bags to find the random shitty greens to sell. Fuck the horrible bag sorting system, it only works if you have like 4-5 crates to open. Anything over 10+ and you'll spend a good 5 min per character playing seek and destroy.
Sell-O-Matic addon can be set to automatically sell all greens,and blues below a certain ilevel.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Another 'quick' way to make gold is to clear the old Cataclysm raids on 25m Heroic. You will pocket 125(ish) gold per boss, not counting the drops - which will usually net you another 100 or so gold. Given that there are 27 of them (Mind you, some are difficult to do for most classes - Shannox, Baleroc, Halfus, etc), almost any level 100 in LFR gear can get a good 10-15 of them down a week.
Both Shannox and Baleroc are trivial with 25 stacks of the flying buff from Alysrazor. You can kill all 3 long before the enrage after you pull Alysrazor.

Edit: This is, of course, assuming your class/spec scales with Haste.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes it's all about trying to recruit more for the bench or to replace those who don't rank high enough.

With the ilvl boost nobody wants any of the loot from imperator.

Edit: Shows what I know. 3rd pull of the night and mythic imperator down.
Gotta get that sweet 15 ilvl lower mythic gear bro.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
is there aneasier way to compare what items are better for you, one that includes gems/enchants thats not simulationcraft?

Or anyone that has used it PM me, i got it working last night for dps, but i wanna try healing now and it was late when i did it and i cant really remember the steps i took

Because from what i learned i have to go in and change the item values for the stuff i wanna compare then simulate them each? is there no addon that will just do this for me?

Crone

It's really not difficult. There's two-three main sources of money:

- Follower missions. Since you qualify for any missions, regardless of level, that reward gold, I have 2 to 3 gold missions waiting for me on average, whenever I log a character. To those missions you can add an additional mission from a level 3 Inn. You get anything from 100 to 400gold waiting for you. I do that twice a day (morning before work, evening coming back).

- Salvage. A level 3 Salvage Yard means that every level 100 mission and 20% of level 95-99 missions yield a crate of salvage that has 1 grey item that sells from 50s, a few ressources, a green that sells from 5 to 25g, and a follower token that you can also sell for 1-2g. I usually launch 6-7 level 100 missions every time, meaning I get an additional 100g or so in crates twice a day.

- Selling any resources you don't use at the AH (even at bottom prices if you're not an AH player). You can use the trade post to convert extra GR into more ressources.

Basically, with 15mn a day (launch missions, harvest mine & garden, open crates), you get you 800-1k gold without leaving your garrison. All you need is a level 3 barracks (for more followers for more missions in parallel), a level 3 inn (10 dungeon quests to do to unlock), a level 3 salvage, and any trade post. Recruit Treasure Hunters every week at the Inn for extra gold and you get about 50% more on average. Multiply by the number of alts you're willing to devote your time to.
Would this still be ok to do while leveling? Or is there a better leveling 90-100 garrison setup to use?

Sterling

El Presidente
Would this still be ok to do while leveling? Or is there a better leveling 90-100 garrison setup to use?
Leveling up you'll be mostly resource starved. 2 basic ways of doing it that revolve around the large building you'll have. You either get the warmill/bunker and use it for the item upgrades from quests and stuff or you get your bodyguard by upgrading your barracks after you get the thing from talador. level 2 inn asap helps by letting you get a free follower every week, first couple should be scavengers to help get you some GR, then get the counters you need for the important missions then treasure hunters for more gold. Master Plan addon helps a huge amount for seeing what you need for this kind of shit.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
is there aneasier way to compare what items are better for you, one that includes gems/enchants thats not simulationcraft?

Or anyone that has used it PM me, i got it working last night for dps, but i wanna try healing now and it was late when i did it and i cant really remember the steps i took

Because from what i learned i have to go in and change the item values for the stuff i wanna compare then simulate them each? is there no addon that will just do this for me?
The basic values for Pawn are fine until you REALLY start min/maxing your shit once you hit 685, or top tier for your current raid, I just altered mine after we killed heroic Blackhand. There is no addon that will simulate your scale factors, and then alter your scale factors in gear selection.

If you go the Pawn route, you can tell Pawn to forget it's current selection, and re-scan all your gear. This is best done if you've decided to simulate your scale factors and plug them into Pawn. But really, you're looking at a very tiny increase, and it's not worth the effort for most people.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Not really. This is a max level setup: you can't have level 3 Inn or Salvage Yard until your garrison is level 3, which means you're level 100, and having lots of treasure missions means lots of counter combos, i.e. better with a level 3 Barracks for 25 followers.

If you're levelling, it depends if you intend to level fast or not. Fast is fast. I use full heirlooms (+45% xp, I think), and I gain a level an hour or so. That includes last level which is maybe an hour and a half. Leveling fast means you're going to get GR resource starved, so it doesn't matter what you build, what matters is that you have your 2k GR when you ding 100 to get your max level garrison. Then you build up the rest. My suggestion is a lumberyard for median building, whatever prof building for small, and go. The lumberyard will give you a few additional GR while you level as you harvest any small tree you find. You can replace it with a trading post when you stop going out of your garrison save for dungeon/raids/PvP/whatever.

If it's for an alt that's being leveled "because", then build an Inn, recruit Treasure Hunter followers every week, harvest stuff, do your fishing daily (your main will do the fishing when you have less than 5 Large fishes of the type requested), and for missions, do whatever XP, treasure or GR mission that comes around, then whatever mission give most XP. By the time you're reaching 100, you'll be ready for the final construction of the garrison into a moneymaking machine. Even if your alt never steps out of the garrison, you'll be 100 after 2 months. If you can tolerate the routine.

Crone

Awesome, appreciate the Garrison help. I've got 3 toons 90+ , which I intend to make full use of.