World of Warcraft: Current Year

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Get your tank situation fixed yet!? I haven't logged on since Wed.

Fuck my garrisons. They are all rotting ghost towns.

*tumbleweeds*
I just can't promise a spot. We were having serious issues and now it looks like we aren't. If we would have a permanent melee dps spot open up I'll let you know, but until then I don't want to jerk you around.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, they increased caster/healer turreting, and then bumped up movement yet another notch. It's what they are calling balance, I guess. In reality it just makes it easy to know who you are swapping for whichever fight. (which people have always done on hard modes anyway, so no real change) Fox getting cut will exacerbate this.

Note that Hunters pay for their advantages by only breaking the top 10 on two fights - Gruul and Blackhand. The first because hunters lose far less damage from shatter, the second because of the extreme movement plus time on target difficulties.

Everything else still favors a caster turret or a cleave-god. But casters are going to miss Fox.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still doubt the barn is going to be the only source of felblood. Pretty much forcing everyone to have that one building is not a good thing, and Blizzard knows it. I expect having stuff like an alchemy transmute that takes 50 catalyst+savage blood into felblood, and/or 100 spirit to buy a felblood.

Oh, and isn't barn rush order only available from the vendor at 1000GR? I don't think you can get missions for it, so you're going to need full GR, GR, GR... and apparently keep 5000GR around for the quest to build a shipyard.
I assume it will follow the same model as we see with savage blood. Some follower missions offering them, barn and primal spirit conversion on the primal trader. I am assuming the laster is going to be a LOT more pricey than the current primal>savage blood conversion.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not sure if I have seen any datamining to that effect I would say either they keep them but the numbers you need for felblood will be really high like 200-300 each or they put in a new version of primals like fel primals or something of that nature. Given the recent addition of the profession traders the amount of primals that have entered the economy has shot through the roof over the last couple months.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well 6.2 does have an actual new zone unlocking so in theory there is at least some other stuff to do other than raiding unlike the 6.1 patch. This unlocks the tannan jungle zone which seems to be a new questing area/timeless island type zone as well as mythic mode dungeons and timewalker dungeons. Those may not be your cup of tea but this patch looks to have a great deal more content to it than the last one did.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I assume it will follow the same model as we see with savage blood. Some follower missions offering them, barn and primal spirit conversion on the primal trader. I am assuming the laster is going to be a LOT more pricey than the current primal>savage blood conversion.
It depends if they want to avoid people upgrading their weapons to 705 and armor to 715 5mn after patch, or not.

You need 60 blood to fully upgrade a rank 4 weapon/armor. At similar drop rates with a follower, we're looking at about 150 traps to process in your barn. You need not only to trap 150 fel critters, but you need to have 30k GR used to buy rush orders. The latter is just doable over the next 6 weeks (usual time for live patch) if you're focused. The former will be... harsh. And time-consuming.

Yet, if we assume, say, a 100 primal to buy a felblood (considering that savage blood is 25 now on PTR), that's 6000 primal. You get about 15-20 primal per day from harvesting your garrison, plus 25 for the trader quest, plus whatever if you got extra materials, plus a 20-30 primal mission twice or three times a week (that's what I see on my garrison). But the advantage is that you can get reasonably about 50 primal a day per alt, which means if you have enough alts, you'll get your Felbloods upon login (you need only 2-3 alts to a full upgrade).

The daily transmutes by alchemists make more sense: they're rate-limited, they fit narratively (you're altering existing Blood, just like you converted fish blood - oil, ok - into land beast blood).

It's still early on the PTR. And my char didn't copy correctly, and I'm stuck with a level 2 barn without the achieve for the level 3. DAMMIT!

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well 6.2 does have an actual new zone unlocking so in theory there is at least some other stuff to do other than raiding unlike the 6.1 patch. This unlocks the tannan jungle zone which seems to be a new questing area/timeless island type zone as well as mythic mode dungeons and timewalker dungeons. Those may not be your cup of tea but this patch looks to have a great deal more content to it than the last one did.
Do old dungeons scaled down that are still a hilarious former shadow of what they once were. Do mythic dungeons and get epics from the previous raid tier on alts I don't give two shits about. Grind useless gear in Tanaan jungle which for some reason just "mysteriously revealed itself to us" even though you start the fucking expansion in Tanaan Jungle, you just run away like a little bitch. "Can't go back there guys, Garrosh built a Romulan Cloaking Device out of goblin cocks and blood elf taints"

I'm also upset they even tried to play it like Grom Hellscream was going to be the "big baddie" of the expansion, when you could tell right from the beginning it was utter bullshit. Why make a claim like that and then make a series of warlords videos that make Grom out to be the coolest motherfucker to ever live? Oh right, because you're going to have him get betrayed by not only his kid, but one of his buddies who drinks the demon blood and fucks him over. Then we get to see Grom switch sides because he fucking HATES demons and oh look at that, we are going to kill the shit out of all these demons who are torturing him and his people.

It's almost like this is a different timeline yet EVERYONE IS STILL THE FUCKING SAME, WHAT ARE THE ODDS.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do old dungeons scaled down that are still a hilarious former shadow of what they once were. Do mythic dungeons and get epics from the previous raid tier on alts I don't give two shits about. Grind useless gear in Tanaan jungle which for some reason just "mysteriously revealed itself to us" even though you start the fucking expansion in Tanaan Jungle, you just run away like a little bitch. "Can't go back there guys, Garrosh built a Romulan Cloaking Device out of goblin cocks and blood elf taints"

I'm also upset they even tried to play it like Grom Hellscream was going to be the "big baddie" of the expansion, when you could tell right from the beginning it was utter bullshit. Why make a claim like that and then make a series of warlords videos that make Grom out to be the coolest motherfucker to ever live? Oh right, because you're going to have him get betrayed by not only his kid, but one of his buddies who drinks the demon blood and fucks him over. Then we get to see Grom switch sides because he fucking HATES demons and oh look at that, we are going to kill the shit out of all these demons who are torturing him and his people.

It's almost like this is a different timeline yet EVERYONE IS STILL THE FUCKING SAME, WHAT ARE THE ODDS.
Its a really good question what the dungeons would play like in the timewalker. They have acknowledged the stat squish makes older dungeons pretty much a joke at the moment for even at the correct level people. I have to assume that they do something to boost their difficulty at least a bit but we shall see once testing on them begins.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
whats the deal with macros? before i go make a bunch of mouse over stuff for my priest, i was told they were saved server side, so that would mean i could uninstall and reinstall and still have my macros correct? well thats not currently working everytime i reinstall they poof, and since my pc issues i install every couple days they havent saved once after an uninstall.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
It's actually both. For example, installing WoW at work, my macros were all there for me. Whether it chooses local macros or server macros depends on macros-cache.txt, the cache.md5 file and timestamps. I'm not sure exactly what it does to check, but make sure you don't have any files in your WTF/Account/[Account] folder, or it will load up an old version (or delete) your macros.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does it matter if I have profession buildings in my garrison to match the professions on my toons? Is there any bonus? I saw 1 setup, where the dude had like 10 toons or something, and they each had Inscription/Enchanting, on every single one. Then for small buildings they did Inscription, Salvage Yard, Storehouse.

That seems like a waste? This person took the storehouse, so he could go 6 days, instead of 3, in between checking work orders. Also said Tailoring or JC are the most profitable in terms of work orders/dailies?

Inscription I assume for the item upgrades? This dude must of been on a server where the item upgrades Inscription makes were selling really well.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Does it matter if I have profession buildings in my garrison to match the professions on my toons? Is there any bonus? I saw 1 setup, where the dude had like 10 toons or something, and they each had Inscription/Enchanting, on every single one. Then for small buildings they did Inscription, Salvage Yard, Storehouse.

That seems like a waste? This person took the storehouse, so he could go 6 days, instead of 3, in between checking work orders. Also said Tailoring or JC are the most profitable in terms of work orders/dailies?

Inscription I assume for the item upgrades? This dude must of been on a server where the item upgrades Inscription makes were selling really well.
if you don't have the profession buildings that match yours, you won't get the extra material from work orders which may not be a big deal if you aren't in a rush to craft a piece or upgrade. The 10 toon setup sounds like it was only for making money.

Enchanting sells well and JC does ok with the blue gems. I've probably made the most selling weapon upgrades with my BS though. I have probably gotten the most personal use out of my inscriptionist though, because making and upgrading trinkets for your alts is a good jump start since they are somewhat hard to come by and the darkmoon ones fully upgraded are great until you can replace them with trinkets from H BRF.

velk

Trakanon Raider

No, matching the professions on your guys is a waste of time for the most part, unless you are really eager to make some crafting item with them. The price is so low on the stage 1 tradeskill items that there's no real profit to be made for most, and for any higher tier you'll be dramatically bottlenecked by bloods anyway. I'd make a salvage hut instead and just buy it unless you like tradeskills ;p

If you have 10 toons, doing garrison maintenance on all of them every day takes hours. Doing it once a week is a lot less painful, and having a bank right there is pretty helpful for inventory management.

Inscription hut with follower provides a daily that rewards you with quite a lot of gold for trivial resources. It's kind of annoying shuffling the work order fragments around though, so I stopped bothering ages ago.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No, matching the professions on your guys is a waste of time for the most part, unless you are really eager to make some crafting item with them. The price is so low on the stage 1 tradeskill items that there's no real profit to be made for most, and for any higher tier you'll be dramatically bottlenecked by bloods anyway. I'd make a salvage hut instead and just buy it unless you like tradeskills ;p

If you have 10 toons, doing garrison maintenance on all of them every day takes hours. Doing it once a week is a lot less painful, and having a bank right there is pretty helpful for inventory management.

Inscription hut with follower provides a daily that rewards you with quite a lot of gold for trivial resources. It's kind of annoying shuffling the work order fragments around though, so I stopped bothering ages ago.
So you would go with Inscription Hut, Salvage yard, and Storehouse like I had seen this guy do? Then go enchanting as an actual profession so I can have disenchanting on each character? I was about to raze my Inn in place of a Lumber Mill because I'm so starved for Garrison Resources, but I think I'll just power through!