World of Warcraft: Current Year

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The salvage yard is a big income provider so can't go wrong with that. If you want to wear crafted pieces you may just want to do LW and Enchanting or something.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The salvage yard is a big income provider so can't go wrong with that. If you want to wear crafted pieces you may just want to do LW and Enchanting or something.
Oh yes, that was a given. Decision now, for a money making perspective, what to put in the other 2.
smile.png

Salvage Yard, Storehouse, Enchanter Hut
Salvage Yard, Storehouse, Inscription Hut

etc...

I'll probably flip a coin and go from there.
smile.png

DavivMcD

Peasant
I don't see the point of the storehouse in this scheme. I mean, even if you can literally only log on once every 6 days, you still pump out more work orders in those 6 days with 2 prof buildings doing 21 each than just 1 doing 36.

Edit: And hell, salvage yard is only great if you're doing missions. If you're offline 5 out of 6 days you might as well do 3 profs (or 2 profs + storehouse; it actually pulls ahead, only for the 6 day cycle). Personally, doing the mission/work order/salvage routine every other day on 8 chars is not a big deal. Just skip the mining/herbing if you don't have time and the whole thing only takes 2 min per char.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Personally, doing the mission/work order/salvage routine every other day on 8 chars is not a big deal. Just skip the mining/herbing if you don't have time and the whole thing only takes 2 min per char.
See, it's possible that you have god's own supercomputer, and that's actually true, but I would challenge you to time yourself and see exactly how long it takes to log in each of your guys, accept all missions, send all new missions, walk to profession buildings, loot boxes, restock boxes, use tradeskill cooldowns, walk to salvage yard, click all the salvage, sell all the junk, disenchant the greens.

Coz I know on mine, that it takes longer than 2 minutes to log in, receive and send all missions and then log out. Hell, with a 2second cast on salvage boxes it's gonna take you the best part of a minute just to open a day's worth of the little fuckers.

In any case, it's easy enough for the guy asking to try it out himself and see how comfortable he is with it I guess - different people have different tolerances for that kind of shit ;p

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I know we're talking about seconds at this point, but you don't have to do all that every time you log. Log at table, refresh missions, move to trade huts, refresh those. Log out right there. Tomorrow do it backwards. Only open crates once a week or so when you're motivated. You cut out half your moving right there. The only thing that throws a wrench in the cycle is when you hit 10k and have to spend it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Coz I know on mine, that it takes longer than 2 minutes to log in, receive and send all missions and then log out.
9 characters, it takes me 17mn total. The wonders of Master Plan pre-set with what I'm looking for (like "xp" to get the GR/gold missions top).

The instant one character needs to walk out (like the day after new followers become available) to the closest building (which is the Inn), I take a full 1mn additional penalty just for that, and that's knowing which trait I select for (rotating racials/high stamina while leveling; treasure hunter after 25 followers) and which follower is getting kicked out in advance so I don't even have to think about it.

Managing large stables of alts is painful. Knowing 6.2 means all your stockpiles are for naught (raid random token? new one. Crafting reagent? new one. follower upgrades for new missions? Brand new follower types that don't use them) means most of my alts are no longer stepping out of the town hall except to empty the GR cache.

Crone

I don't see the point of the storehouse in this scheme. I mean, even if you can literally only log on once every 6 days, you still pump out more work orders in those 6 days with 2 prof buildings doing 21 each than just 1 doing 36.

Edit: And hell, salvage yard is only great if you're doing missions. If you're offline 5 out of 6 days you might as well do 3 profs (or 2 profs + storehouse; it actually pulls ahead, only for the 6 day cycle). Personally, doing the mission/work order/salvage routine every other day on 8 chars is not a big deal. Just skip the mining/herbing if you don't have time and the whole thing only takes 2 min per char.
Ya, the write up I had seen that included the storehouse, was because he didn't want to mess with alts, however, I have no issues logging in every few days to pick up work orders. So given that, 2x profession buildings 1x Salvage Yard, because I am logging in at least twice a day to complete missions and send new ones out.

So what 2 profession buildings? That's been my hang up the entire time. I don't have a clue what profession buildings to go with. JC sounds good, because the easy daily for 200ish gold every day sounds pretty lucrative? Inscription is extremely useful for personal glyphs, and of course the upgrades.

Alchemy and Engineering are dead for making money, so I hear. So JC/BS/Inscription/Tailoring. I'm leaning towards BS and Inscription. Able to use up the herbs and ore I get from my Garrison mines, and make some good money on crafting if I so choose?

Or would the 200ish gold daily from JC be better?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
JC sounds good, because the easy daily for 200ish gold every day sounds pretty lucrative?
You need your char to have the profession, however.
Alchemy and Engineering are dead for making money, so I hear. So JC/BS/Inscription/Tailoring.
At this point in the expansion, crafts are basically dead. People have their 680 pieces already, and enough BoP materials stockpiled for two if not three 680->715 upgrades (leaving the Fel Blood as the limiting factor). There's a small market for alt gearing (because if you can have a 670 weapon to level 91-100, that's awesome), but it's tiny, because people don't want to spend 60 savage bloods on every alt.

Crone

You need your char to have the profession, however.

At this point in the expansion, crafts are basically dead. People have their 680 pieces already, and enough BoP materials stockpiled for two if not three 680->715 upgrades (leaving the Fel Blood as the limiting factor). There's a small market for alt gearing (because if you can have a 670 weapon to level 91-100, that's awesome), but it's tiny, because people don't want to spend 60 savage bloods on every alt.
So then you gotta go with whatever professions can passively make the most money, such as the JC daily, or some other profession that creates vendor trash, or some conversion through Trading Post like enchanting for all the dusts?

What would you choose at this point Ukerric?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The savage blood free-fall hit 250g when I cashed out. I nearly wept.

So, any idea if all of this follower shit I've stockpiled will be used at all in 6.2? A follower ilevel raise, or usable on the new boat missions?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am pretty sure there will be another Ilevel raise on the garrison followers. Content that increases Ilevel appears to also then increase the garrison followers ilevel due to the raid missions.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The raid missions are using the shipyard. All new "followers" (ships) that are likely obtained through Tanaan grinding.

So there could be a follower ilevel raise, or they could be letting it stagnate so people can catch up since there is a new garrison grind being added.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The raid missions are using the shipyard. All new "followers" (ships) that are likely obtained through Tanaan grinding.

So there could be a follower ilevel raise, or they could be letting it stagnate so people can catch up since there is a new garrison grind being added.
I would guess that this is the more likely scenario. They don't want people to be able to just blow all those upgrades and have max level followers in 5 minutes. The ship missions are needed for the new HC cache and the legendary quest. This way everyone is on equal footing at the start and gives alts and late comers a chance to catch up to the 675 item level instead of something like 700.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I hope there's no follower ilvl raise. I ditched the salvage yard in favor of another crafting hut so I could stockpile soulbound crafting mats in preperation for 6.2. 2400 total required to equip someone with 3 crafted and four epic gems, value is going to shoot up, especially if primals can be traded for felblood and thus not being used to craft the soulbound mats.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
wish I could convert the 615 follower sets to 630 and 630s to 645.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't mind the garrison when I had one character. Now I have 5 and it's really fucking annoying all around.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pretty sure there will be another Ilevel raise on the garrison followers. Content that increases Ilevel appears to also then increase the garrison followers ilevel due to the raid missions.
That is my guess as well which is why I am just hording all my non specific Ilevel boost follower items.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't mind the garrison when I had one character. Now I have 5 and it's really fucking annoying all around.
It really depends how OCD you let yourself get on them. I have two characters I do all of the things on but all the others its just queue for missions and every 3 days feed the tradeskill buildings which takes a couple mins. I do hope they wind up doing something to make alt garrisons a bit easier to manage.

Clug

Bronze Knight of the Realm
5 level 100's and I just use garrisons for making cash. I haven't touched the mines or herb gardens in weeks, I just buy ore when I need it.

Storehouse is useless. Salv yard + 2 prof buildings is the way to go. Inn+barn for medium and war mill/bunker for large. No brainer there.

Enchanting/Tailoring is a big money maker. Everyone loves 30 slot bags and the enchanting mats are sellable. JC is ok, but requires more work.