World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malkav

French Madman
I know it was covered on the "old forum", but what's the deal with transmog items now? Is everything taking up bank and bag space able to be sold or deleted now because I own it and it's automatically in my fashion thing? Or, do I need to do something to put them in there before getting rid of them? I'd hate to screw it up and lose a decade of awesome armor and weapons.

If you have anything that was still bind on equip, you have to equip it to get the transmog.

Otherwise, if it's soulbound and you have it on a character that wear (not CAN wear mind you, otherwise warriors could unlock everything) the armor type, it should be in your collection and you can get rid of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Actually really enjoyed these Harbringer videos. I want Blizz to make more of them

• 1Like

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
How be brewmasters? Gonna play one for legion after a long hiatus.

Malkav Malkav I'll be nice, I promise.

BrM is totally playable, it has suffered some serious pruning, which made it less self reliant (like all other tanks), but also, in my opinion, less fun and versatile.
Touch of Death, Dizzying Haze, Spinning Crane Kick, Chi Explosion are some of the disappeared skills, some changed functionality, like Expel Harm.
The gameplay is all built around using two brews, sharing charges, Fortifying and Purifying. You produce a lot less Ox orbs, but they heal for much more, you can still Roll and can still self heal with a casted fast healing spell (used when not tanking of course).
Right now it parses lower than others in dps, but I suspect two tanks are going to get nerfed, by quite a lot.

If you care about offspecs, mistweaver has been basically remade and windwalker has received quite a few changes too. I can tolerate the new MW and I like the new WW.

This been said, I'll still probably play druid.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Druids, what spec are you going to use for leveling 100-110? Is that spec different from your main spec? I have seen a few threads about restro druids putting 12-13 points into the feral artifact weapon instead of restro, then at 110 they will drop all of their new/banked points into the restro artifact.

Guardian, because I like mass pulling and being immortal (sort of). Don't save AP when levelling, it's not worth it. I'll eventually level Resto as well, but the first 13 points are fast to fill. You save more time getting something out of bear, cat or chicken artifacts and boost your killing power, even if you plan to main Restoration.

Aelzen

Trakanon Raider
If anyone is looking for a mythic crew on Illidan add me Daestrom#1108. 3 nights/week. Age range of group is 27-37ish. No kiddos

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I know it was covered on the "old forum", but what's the deal with transmog items now? Is everything taking up bank and bag space able to be sold or deleted now because I own it and it's automatically in my fashion thing? Or, do I need to do something to put them in there before getting rid of them? I'd hate to screw it up and lose a decade of awesome armor and weapons.

Check out some of the transmog addons like Can I Mog It. A lot of them have a feature that will show on the tool-tip whether or not you've learned an appearance or can learn it on another character.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So what are going to be the best classes in legion? Looking to start something new just don't want to waste on a crap class like what happened in WoD when I did play it

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need a TDM BG for this game. Objectives are just something the minority do while the rest ignore it to the ire of their team to kill people.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what are going to be the best classes in legion? Looking to start something new just don't want to waste on a crap class like what happened in WoD when I did play it
Fairly relevant... I haven't decided what I want to play... and it seems like common sense, but this guy brings up some good points that maybe will help me choose what I want to play.

And I just realized he then has another video that covers him choosing his class... Little long, but I've watched both as I have little clue what to main in Legion.

Edit: Watched some of the other videos that he has where he compares the different groups. Tanks, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, and Healers. I like that he stays away from whether or not its OP or not. He realizes that some things could change in terms of damage, but looks at gameplay, how it feels, how enjoyable was it. That stuff is most likely not going to change. I made a spread sheet, and started taking notes on the different classes while watching the videos. I've gotta figure this out!! :)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

More videos from Preach Gaming, on the different class comparisons. Helped me try and choose what I want to play. For most, they might be a little long, but I had some downtime at work. :)

Crone

You guys over think classes like crazy. I always just play the one that I find fun
I've thought a lot about it, and I think that I could have problems choosing a class because I'm trying to force something. That the game is old, and no longer fun, so I'm trying to force myself to play it, because I know what will be fun is playing with RR bros, and not just randoms that don't talk. Building that sense of community will be more fun to me than the game itself.

So on the surface, every class is just meh... so I'm using videos like I linked to try and push me towards one that's gonna suit me a little better.

Again.. more over thinking it... I know. :(

joz123

Potato del Grande
After playing beta I have come to realize I have been playing WoW for so long now that I just play it to keep playing it, I don't really enjoy it anymore. It isn't fun to me anymore and the time sinks don't make me want to wait days for things to happen before I can do something else that takes days also.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You two are weird. You both say it isn't fun anymore but will still play it. Makes zero sense for something that is supposed to be entertainment you do when you have free time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're just playing it to play that's really weird. Raiding with the rerolled boys will go down as one of my top 5 mmo experiences of all time.

As for classes it's tough to say. I rolled DK right when they launched and everyone played them. I just found them a fuck load of fun and it's all I've played since. This is the first expansion I'm trying something new since whenever wotlk launched.

Crone

You two are weird. You both say it isn't fun anymore but will still play it. Makes zero sense for something that is supposed to be entertainment you do when you have free time.
It's because as Noodle said, I know that if I get to play with some bros, it'll be fucking fantastic. Doesn't matter what happens in game, it's the bros that make games fun these days for me, not the game. It's why I try and chase what new game is being played on these forums, because the sense of community surrounding a new game release is amazing. All the games played with Bros in Overwatch when it first released was fucking great!

My play times are terrible for most people, but I'm gonna try like hell to get groups together when I can play to be able to play with the FoH Bros!