World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
I have been 'gifting' people 50,000 gold for the stupid store mounts I am too lazy to buy. I have so far convinced them this way, 'A token is 36k. So you spend $12.50 to gift me a mount. You get a month of WoW and 14k gold for $2.50 less than the subscription.'

Only need three more.

---

But yeah, this has been the easiest it has ever been to make gold in WoW. They are going to have to reduce all the gold missions from Garrisons to nothing for me to remove my alts from the place when Legion goes live.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So how are they reconciling the two Dalarans again?

It would be very shark-jumpy if they just said 'ehhh fuck it they'll figure it out".

Rime

<Donor>
There is only one Dalaran. Currently, in the lore, it is flying around the ocean. In 7.0, it will be in the Broken Isles.

They do not update the 'old' expansions, because it would take resources/cost us a raid tier (lawl). So think of them as being in a time bubble.

When you are in WotLK, it is WotLK era. When you are in Legion, you are in Legion era. Same for any of the expansions.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's never been the case. You don't 'phase in' to destroyed Stormwind when you hit level whatever for Cataclysm story. That just seems lazy for a capital city.

Also, I thought it was supposed to be over Deadwind Pass?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is only one Dalaran. Currently, in the lore, it is flying around the ocean. In 7.0, it will be in the Broken Isles.

They do not update the 'old' expansions, because it would take resources/cost us a raid tier (lawl). So think of them as being in a time bubble.

When you are in WotLK, it is WotLK era. When you are in Legion, you are in Legion era. Same for any of the expansions.
Dalaran is one of those things thats pretty easy to deal with lore wise it went from eastern kingdoms to north rend no reason it could not go to broken isles just as easily.

Rime

<Donor>
That's never been the case. You don't 'phase in' to destroyed Stormwind when you hit level whatever for Cataclysm story. That just seems lazy for a capital city.

That has always been the case for Dalaran. People brought this up when it was 'moving' after the Horde nuked Theramore. People flipped their shit and the Blue response was pretty much what I posted.

Then people went nutso over the information that Dalaran would be moving to the Broken Shore and they gave the same response.

As for why they do not move it and just put everyone else in a new area? Do you REALLY expect them to do something that they cannot charge/sell as point of an expansion? Remember how much was announced for WoD, but was cut. And that was for 'new' content.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Actually Cataclysm is the exception to the rule. The game is considered on a timeline of Vanilla -> TBC -> Wrath -> Cata -> MoP -> WoD -> Legion. Cata makes it wonky but they were not going to redo the original world and then have characters just phase in at level 80.

xzi

Mouthbreather
People complaining that we're getting Dalaran as a major city again can go fucking sit in Stormshield/Warspear like stupid assholes and enjoy their refugee tents

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
As for why they do not move it and just put everyone else in a new area? Do you REALLY expect them to do something that they cannot charge/sell as point of an expansion? Remember how much was announced for WoD, but was cut. And that was for 'new' content.
I guess my memory is going to shit in my old age, but what features did they announce and subsequently cut in WoD? Dance studio?

DavivMcD

Peasant
I'm assuming he's one of those revisionists who considers the leaked 'rumors' that come out 2-3 months before an official expansion announcement to be legitimate, despite them being the EXACT same list of dumb bullshit every two years. Here's the list of ACTUAL features promised in the announcement for WoD:

New World: Draenor - true; technically not completely new since we had Outland, but it was designed differently from scratch
Build and upgrade your garrison - true
New character models - true; amazingly I had already completely forgotten this happened. Testament to how natural they feel maybe?
Level cap raised to 100 - true
New dungeons and raids - true
New monsters - ... probably true? Can't think of any examples but I'm sure there's a new model SOMEWHERE in Draenor
New world PVP zone - ugh, true
New items and rewards - true
Hundreds of new quests - true
Boost to 90 and play immediately - true

If anything I remember being absolutely underwhelmed with the features promised in WoD. It was basically Garrisons + Orcs, that was it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
As for new monsters, the cat people, curse-free birds, and the nature-oriented creatures (not sure what to they're called) are new. But yeah, I couldn't think of anything from the announced features that they didn't ship. Timewalking was heavily suggested as a future feature as it was part of the beta (for WoD dungeons, not legacy dungeons), but it was never announced until it was ready for release.

Rime

<Donor>
Nah. I am not a 'revisionist'. I did not expect Farahalon (though, according to those who were in, there was a bare bones zone in the Alpha/early betas)

My big issue is were were supposed to get a set of new capital cities, instead, they scrapped them late in the cycle (after they had been announced - these were also available in early Alpha/beta - but before previews were given) and gave us Warspear/Whatever the Alliance has. Not to mention that they stated we were going to be able to build our Garrisons in any of the Draenor zones, but this was dumped and we were locked into the two set locations. Let us not forget the old 'song and dance' about how WoD was going to be short (only two raid tiers, only one real 'content patch') so they could get out the next expansion faster.

I like the game. I play because I have been playing with (mostly) the same group of people since TBC. I am just tired of how long the content droughts are and how each expansion seems to give us more flash and less bang.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I can't argue that there's been less content delivered this expansion than in previous expansions. I don't have the numbers to quantify that statement, but it certainlyfeelslike less. Every expansion has had three raid tiers (with one typically phoned in - Crusader Coliseum, Deathwing, SoO), so maybe losing one raid tier isn't so bad. Any sane person would've unsubbed at the announcement of 15+ months of HFC. Alas, I bought wow tokens for gold up to April 2018.

I'd forgotten about Farahlon and the capitol city changes (I was never in beta). Farahlon was probably 6.3, but the capitols don't seem like a terrible change. Don't get me wrong, they're Warspear isn't Dalaran, but the city in FF Ridge wouldn't have been Dalaran either.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
People complaining that we're getting Dalaran as a major city again can go fucking sit in Stormshield/Warspear like stupid assholes and enjoy their refugee tents
Amen to that. WoD was supposed to have two faction specific cities and instead got mostly unfinished gimp outposts by the PVP zone. I would MUCH rather have a perfectly fine setup city like dalaran again. Give it back its ports like it used to have and I can finally unbind from pandaria.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
As for new monsters, the cat people, curse-free birds, and the nature-oriented creatures (not sure what to they're called) are new. But yeah, I couldn't think of anything from the announced features that they didn't ship. Timewalking was heavily suggested as a future feature as it was part of the beta (for WoD dungeons, not legacy dungeons), but it was never announced until it was ready for release.
And the pale, new hydra model which is not a new creature per se but holy shit is the new hydra model so much better than the old ones and a few others as well.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah. I am not a 'revisionist'. I did not expect Farahalon (though, according to those who were in, there was a bare bones zone in the Alpha/early betas)

My big issue is were were supposed to get a set of new capital cities, instead, they scrapped them late in the cycle (after they had been announced - these were also available in early Alpha/beta - but before previews were given) and gave us Warspear/Whatever the Alliance has. Not to mention that they stated we were going to be able to build our Garrisons in any of the Draenor zones, but this was dumped and we were locked into the two set locations. Let us not forget the old 'song and dance' about how WoD was going to be short (only two raid tiers, only one real 'content patch') so they could get out the next expansion faster.

I like the game. I play because I have been playing with (mostly) the same group of people since TBC. I am just tired of how long the content droughts are and how each expansion seems to give us more flash and less bang.
The ironic thing is the god damn cities are there. Both the horde one and the alliance one are actually there in game right now. They just for whatever the fuck reason chose not to actually finish their setup as player cities by hooking up the NPC/ports and what not to them.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
WTB some Horde bros to run Normals/Heroics with. Just hit ilvl700 on ret and need to progress without doing the premade group pug shitfest. Would also be down for mythic dungeons. Hit me up @ janx#1578.