World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Also, a month? The fuck? He hasn't even started the quest yet, no fucking way you can do the whole thing in a month.
You have until Aug 30 to finish the quest. The Khadgar Servant will stop offering his visits to your followers in your garrison on 7.0, that's all.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I resubbed on May 11 and I have the ring already. I don't have all the upgrades via the fel infusion things but its doable. I guess a month and a week then.
So you leveled 90-100, built a lvl 3 garrison and lvl 3 shipyard, farmed 125 stones, 900 runes, and 33 tomes, on your highest level character, all in 5 weeks? The effort that requires aside, that also takes a shitload of luck. Even 10 weeks would be better than average.

You have until Aug 30 to finish the quest. The Khadgar Servant will stop offering his visits to your followers in your garrison on 7.0, that's all.
Not so, unfortunately. The pre-patch does exactly that, and will come probably 4-6 weeks before the official launch. When Legion launches Aug 30, however, the whole damn questline is being removed, whether you're already on it or not:WarcraftDevs on Twitter:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wasnt the drop rate increased on all that stuff? Ever since being back, a lot of the stuff I missed has been almost canceled out. There is almost no point to doing Mythic Dungeons for example. Im not sure, but I think Time Badges are pointless too. Only doing LFR when I get the Savage Satchel and hell, a lot of my stuff is Baleful Warforged at 695. Point being, I just cant imagine it taking that long to get all the stuff needed. Especially if start all your progression and run through all the available content within a weekend. Sunday to the next Tuesday is three weeks worth of progression, too.

Oh, and look in premade groups for clears of old dungeons. HFC has a lot of PUG's in gen chat.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Wasnt the drop rate increased on all that stuff? Ever since being back, a lot of the stuff I missed has been almost canceled out. There is almost no point to doing Mythic Dungeons for example. Im not sure, but I think Time Badges are pointless too. Only doing LFR when I get the Savage Satchel and hell, a lot of my stuff is Baleful Warforged at 695. Point being, I just cant imagine it taking that long to get all the stuff needed. Especially if start all your progression and run through all the available content within a weekend. Sunday to the next Tuesday is three weeks worth of progression, too.

Oh, and look in premade groups for clears of old dungeons. HFC has a lot of PUG's in gen chat.
The tomes is the real time sink. On average it took me 4 1/2 weeks to get all the tomes in order to complete the last quest line. The main problem is there is no shortcuts to get the tomes. You are at the complete mercy of 1 RNG which is HFC. I would come close to getting it done in 3 1/2 weeks every time, inevitably would fall short by 1-3 tomes. The first, second, and third steps can be pretty quick to finish, generally about 3-4 weeks due to tannan quest guy shortcut, garrison/naval quests, and garrison building crafting shortcuts. At best you are looking at 6 weeks if you get perfect RNGs rolls to get the rings, realistically 8-9 weeks if you stay on top of everything and you get average RNG rolls.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Finally decided to look up what the hell you guys were talking about with this ring. Apparently I've been sitting on the last part of the first ring forever since I haven't done any dungeons due to my hatred of pick-up groups. Whoops.
Oh well.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So you leveled 90-100, built a lvl 3 garrison and lvl 3 shipyard, farmed 125 stones, 900 runes, and 33 tomes, on your highest level character, all in 5 weeks? The effort that requires aside, that also takes a shitload of luck. Even 10 weeks would be better than average.
From 85-100 starting with 6k gold on the server. It didn't feel like much luck was required. From what I could tell again not playing until very recently they have a shitload of catch-up mechanics in the game now. First thing I did was hit 100 then PvP for ilvl 700 the rest was just trival bullshit.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Finally decided to look up what the hell you guys were talking about with this ring. Apparently I've been sitting on the last part of the first ring forever since I haven't done any dungeons due to my hatred of pick-up groups. Whoops.
Oh well.
It's boring and the zone you have to farm is also boring. 2/10 legendary would not do a second time (have not done a second time).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I have to say this is the most uninspiring piece of shit so called "legendary" they have ever made. Of course with the new everybody gets a legendary mentality what can you expect. Still since you can earn it through LFR not sure why they are removing it from the game, it isn't like they haven't welfare handed it out to every motherfucker with a sub already.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
The direction they are taking to get the legendary drops and even some of the artifact skins in Legion seem to be on the right path. Blizzard even added a feature where you have to go work on your crafting professions rare recipes is a nice touch, ie through a quest that requires dungeons etc.

Daidraco

Oh well.
Feel free to PM me your game-tag. My Disc priest is what I think Ill play for Legion. Im just kind of messing around on him, but his ilvl shot up so quick. I dont really enjoy healing until shit is getting crazy. The best fun Ive had so far is some Mythic Tank did a Heroic with me for whatever reason. He just pulled every single mob from boss to boss. We cleared all, and I mean ALL of BRD in minutes. The longest part was the third boss with his phases. Shit was dead before even coming out of the Door.

I love my Monk and enjoy DPS'ing and Tanking with him - but I think Im just done with playing a melee character in mmo games. Splitting up my DPS with the elemental clones helped a lot on encounters where I was dodging fire and shit - but seeing my DPS drop to shit because I cant just turret up like a Hunter or Mage just annoyed the shit out of me.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Dude, I love running 5mans with a mythic tank as heals. Half the time they still don't need heals but the rest of the time that's when the game is fun as fuck when there's a constant steady amount of damage coming in (not gimmicky 1shots). I wish there were more design choices like that.

I think that's why I love healing Tyrant so much.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've been watching a bit on DH and to be honest I think they're a bit dull in the inspiration category. Am I wrong? It just seems like there's a pile of "cool" shit stacked in without much regard to a central theme or design purpose. Comparing this to the DK development and release where there were huge themes and the class seemed like it belonged and was grounded in the lore/story. I just look at the random collection of abilities on the DH and it's kind of hokey. Anyone else get that? I haven't been able to test legion so I have to rely on vidyas.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I haven't played this game since the first couple months of WoD more or less but I just know it's going to suck me back in for a few months next year. Damn you warcraft.

Daidraco

I've been watching a bit on DH and to be honest I think they're a bit dull in the inspiration category. Am I wrong? It just seems like there's a pile of "cool" shit stacked in without much regard to a central theme or design purpose. Comparing this to the DK development and release where there were huge themes and the class seemed like it belonged and was grounded in the lore/story. I just look at the random collection of abilities on the DH and it's kind of hokey. Anyone else get that? I haven't been able to test legion so I have to really on vidyas.
I dont know if its uninspired design or its just where, me personally, I just dont like the design and abilities of the Demon Hunter in their current iteration.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I've been watching a bit on DH and to be honest I think they're a bit dull in the inspiration category. Am I wrong? It just seems like there's a pile of "cool" shit stacked in without much regard to a central theme or design purpose. Comparing this to the DK development and release where there were huge themes and the class seemed like it belonged and was grounded in the lore/story. I just look at the random collection of abilities on the DH and it's kind of hokey. Anyone else get that? I haven't been able to test legion so I have to rely on vidyas.
I played around a bit with DH in alpha and yeah, it really came off as a "fanboi" class. Double jump, eye lazers, demon wings...it's almost a fanfic thing.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It doesn't help that for the majority of the beta patches, most of their buttons other than the one "builder" and one "spender" were mathematically DPS losses to press.

But hey, all those oldschool SS+Evisc Rogues needed a home...

joz123

Potato del Grande
People use max camera distance in WoW? I keep the camera just far enough back so I see my whole character.