World of Warcraft: Current Year

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ok... Is this expansion worth it? The last couple i've bought simply to experience the opening day rushes for old times sake. However, I don't know if I have it in me to drop the money to quit after a few weeks. I think i'm simply getting old and honestly, I already invested in Crowfall which i'm slightly regretting (not because of my opinion of the game but just haven't played any MMO's enough to merit dropping money).

However, Artifact weapons have intrigued me due to making me feel all "EQ" again due to their assumed similarity to an epic weapon / quest.

You guys still on Hyjal? I have the itch but not sure if it's worth to scratch. Overwatch has been enough gaming lately for the summer but not sure what i'll winter on yet.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I thought WOD was a blast with the forum group here for a few weeks right at launch. I would assume Legion ends up similar. Really though, who knows if it has lasting power. It sounds like there is going to be a lot more random shit to do this expansion.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
What are the real selling points here? Not having to change your weapon for two years and incremental grift grinding while you hope for you build-changing legendary world drop? Tbh I'm not really sold on the main features, nor the lore. HoweverI'm sure leveling will be entertaining so I'm getting it for that and will see how long it sticks.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Managed to get Huolons mount AND Tusks of Mannoroth last night. feels good man.

Also idk, I feel like if you're over WoW then Legion probably isn't going to bring that feeling back. There's a lot of QOL changes and things I specifically like, like world quests, but the game isn't drastically changing or anything.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Have they ever discussed their stance on housing and guild halls? From what I have seen/heard garrisons are not a fan favorite and i'm surprised they haven't done something that's appears to be a more popular choice among MMO's. There are several people that I know that play some MMO's strictly for crafting and trading items for their homes and guild halls. Something that just came to me as I was reading a lot of unhappiness with garrisons but I can't seem to find any of Blizzard's response to making this something that would meet the players in the middle.

Last night while in Curse with some friends they were talking about garrison's ruining Org much like how Luclin (Bazaar) and PoP ruined some of EQ's more community spots.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are the real selling points here? Not having to change your weapon for two years and incremental grift grinding while you hope for you build-changing legendary world drop? Tbh I'm not really sold on the main features, nor the lore. HoweverI'm sure leveling will be entertaining so I'm getting it for that and will see how long it sticks.
The New class weapons are for me the highest selling point. Demon Hunter is kind of one. That could be fun to play while they are over powered like all new classes are at the start. The other intriguing selling point are the new Legendary world drops similar to how the loot system works in Diablo 3.

By the way, can the new world drop legendary items be traded?

xzi

Mouthbreather
For you US Alliance players out there, Asmongold is running a FREE event to get people the moose mount on July 15th, 8pm - 12am (likely later than that as well if enough people are around). It's first come first serve.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They don't want people rolling on xmog in pugs that they can't wear on that character is the only reason.
They've pretty much stopped caring about people rolling on stuff; that's what personal loot (which they're increasingly pushing on everything everywhere) is for.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have they ever discussed their stance on housing and guild halls? From what I have seen/heard garrisons are not a fan favorite and i'm surprised they haven't done something that's appears to be a more popular choice among MMO's. There are several people that I know that play some MMO's strictly for crafting and trading items for their homes and guild halls. Something that just came to me as I was reading a lot of unhappiness with garrisons but I can't seem to find any of Blizzard's response to making this something that would meet the players in the middle.

Last night while in Curse with some friends they were talking about garrison's ruining Org much like how Luclin (Bazaar) and PoP ruined some of EQ's more community spots.
I think given the blow back from garrisons we probably will never see housing. They would be worried of the same issues of people going into their house and never leaving it and given how negative the blow back on garrisons was I don't see them devoting the time/energy to ever put housing in.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They've pretty much stopped caring about people rolling on stuff; that's what personal loot (which they're increasingly pushing on everything everywhere) is for.
Except they very specifically said that this was one of the reasons they did it this way. So they do still care.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
New Silence Penalty Coming to World of Warcraft - World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft offers many opportunities to engage with other players in a variety of ways and to help support positive experiences in these engagements we wanted to inform you of a new silence penalty we will be implementing with the pre-expansion patch for Legion. Depending on the type of report, players who are found to be abusive in chat or engage in inappropriate chat behaviors may be silenced from engaging in certain ways within the game.
The Silence Penalty

Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty. While this penalty is active, the silenced player will find that their ability to chat with others is greatly limited.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thus the "after investigation" part. But just means a lot of BS for their CS team to wade through.

I'm torn if I want to try legion or not.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Generally if somebody is being really abusive the chat logs for them show this really rapidly. Like back when I putzed around with the LoL tribunal it generally took a few seconds on the player is abusive/toxic complaints because generally the people who do that don't just do it once or twice or in some subtle fashion. It is generally about as blatant and in your face as can be imagined. I have seen this looking over the shoulder of people doing the old eq guide program stuff generally abuse cases are pretty clear cut and easy to determine.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What qualifies as abusive? Am I not allowed to tell someone to stop being a lazy fuck and fly yourself to the world boss cause we aren't summoning?

Syringed_sl

shitlord
Thus the "after investigation" part.
Really doubt that. So many companies these days simply don't have the customer service support to deal with toxic chat on a case to case basis. It's almost certainly going to be entirely automated and people will be getting silenced left and right. Just like how Youtube has botters false flag channels they don't like all the time and gets them taken down then only has a real person investigate it after a huge ruckus gets made on the official forums, twitter, or a live stream. Just like with the "avoid this person" feature being abused in Overwatch, I encourage people to abuse the absolute fuck out of this silence feature until Blizzard doubles-back on it. I give it about a month or two max until they realize they fucked up.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And..... it won't do anything to curb gold spam in trade chat even with this system in place. It's sad an addon(Badboy) does a better job of cleaning it up than Blizz.

Another aside, When I started playing again back in January I was surprised at all the people selling "runs" for things(Arch, Mythics, etc..). I would have thought Blizz would banned that practice and wouldn't look too kindly on it. I'm surprised they don't care at all.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would assume its because by the time Mythic runs are offered for sale - the content has been beaten and the rewards that the player may get are nothing special by that point. It encourages at least 20 people to continue to play and raid. Tracking down and proving that the player that paid real world currency for it would be rather difficult as well when it came time to prove it. Besides, advertising to carry players in a raid isnt near as intrusive as Gold Sellers tend to be. Chat, my mailbox, my email that isnt even associated with WoW, private tells, etc. That shit is just super fucking annoying. I dont even care that people are buying gold - I just want the fuckers to leave ME the fuck alone.