World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It isn't suppose to be, pretty sure it's a bug that will be fixed sooner than later.. which is why I was suggesting people grab em while they can.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I tried to do that before but it would revoke the appearance from my transmogs. It changed?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So where do I get the item needed to change my talents on the fly? I assume AH? Thanks!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I tried to do that before but it would revoke the appearance from my transmogs. It changed?
1 Buy an item with marks of honor
2 deposit the item into void storage
3 log out to character select screen - you have to do this
4 log back in
5 take item out of the void storage
6 vendor item and get your marks back

Make you to log to the character select screen when doing this. Otherwise it will revoke them as you said.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Frost DK is hella fun, they need to fix the glitched artifact effect tho, 90% of the time the swords just hover around not stabbing foos. Also the quest for the first bodyguard you can get that stays with you is bugged.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might have to switch to Dk this expansion. Unholy is just so fun compared to both arms/fury I have tried.

So where do I get the item needed to change my talents on the fly? I assume AH? Thanks!
Inscriptionist. So yes probably AH for most people.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had transferred my Horde mage over to Hyjal with all my other Horde toons, and just did the start of WoD questing at level 90, and got my Garrison. Did it as fire, and holy F balls, Fire mage is Fun! Getting those Pyroblast procs, and just the whole toolkit. Shit's way awesome!!

I have a 100 Warlock already, and I'm curious how they will compare.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I have a few questions about artifact weapons:

- Is there a weekly/daily cap on artifact power you can earn?
- Are there daily or weekly locked rewards that consist of huge numbers of artifact power? Say, enough that even if there is no timed cap on artifact power it makes farming it rather useless.
- I believe I read somewhere that you would be able to maximize an artifact weapon by late into the first tier of raiding, is this accurate?

Maybe some of you with significant beta experience can clarify these for me.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Decided to level up the Elemental Shaman and I'm feeling like something is missing. Now,of course, the artifact weapon with all its do-dads IS missing, but I feel like the class should be a cohesive whole without the artifact.

Seems like a lot of slow proc-fishing followed by overzealous big lava thumps and not much else. Also not really enjoying the lack of self healing options. I actually feel like I have more survivability with my mage using Ice Barrier than I do with my shaman.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I have a few questions about artifact weapons:

- Is there a weekly/daily cap on artifact power you can earn?
- Are there daily or weekly locked rewards that consist of huge numbers of artifact power? Say, enough that even if there is no timed cap on artifact power it makes farming it rather useless.
- I believe I read somewhere that you would be able to maximize an artifact weapon by late into the first tier of raiding, is this accurate?

Maybe some of you with significant beta experience can clarify these for me.
There isn't a cap on the artifact power that I've seen.

At 110 you unlock the endgame zone Suramar and then you can start working on getting friendly with the main faction there. Once you're friendly with all 4 Legion Factions you unlock the World Quests. WQ's are randomly selected every day from a pool of possible quests ranging from solo quests to group quests and even to raid targets. The world quests will reward gold, garrison resources, scaled gear (yes you can get mythic gear from WQ's and yes they can get upgraded to titanforged). The World Quests are prolly gonna be the main source of artifact xp.

Every day or so you'll get an emissary quest on your map that rewards you an extra cache if you do 4 of the WQ's for that emissary's faction. Usually the rewards are garrison res and artifact xp, but you can also get gear from the cache.

My priest is ilevel 856 now and Nighthold is supposed to top out at 860ish (the world bosses all drop 860 gear) and my disc artifact is only 21/34. Then again I've only been in the beta for a few weeks. The artifact XP reqs really spike after 18 or so tho. You get a garrison work order that buffs your artifact xp gain, once you've got it at +100% artifact xp, the future work orders start taking like a week to finish.

That said 18-20 artifact levels is enough to max out a specific "build" path, really.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Alright, thanks.

So there isn't any hard lock on artifact power but you do get more as you go along which reduces the value of farming early but doesn't remove it completely.

I think I'm ok with that.

khorum

Murder Apologist
There isn't really much of an advantage to grinding the artifact xp vs. progressing through Legion the way you pretty much have to. And make no mistake, you have to progress through Legion by questing through the zones. Don't try grinding out dungeons to 110 or finding fast-spawning 2-shottables to level. Legion is utterly linear in its progression structure. You MUST do the quests to get the artifact power and you MUST do the quests to gain rep with each faction to eventually unlock world quests, which are the chief means of gaining artifact power beyond artifact level 10 or so.

If you were one of those grognard holdouts that liked to play their own way and ignored the curated WoW experience? You're fucked.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
If you were one of those grognard holdouts that liked to play their own way and ignored the curated WoW experience? You're fucked.
I'm fine with this, I just don't like feeling like I must do a certain amount of content, no more than that amount and no less than that amount in a determined period of time.

This feels like its at least a bit better masked and might help in not letting that feeling sink in really fast.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Fucking Blizzard is disabling the Actioncam because they think idiots are "accidentally" enabling it without knowing and that's the cause of all the motion sickness shit on the forums. I knew it was too good to last.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I never got to use it, but one thing that annoyed the hell out of me was in Icecrown Citadel, when I would get done with the airship part, it would lock me into a side cam of my character. I wasn't able to unlock it whatsoever until I logged in and out.

They really bugged things the fuck out though. Yesterday myself and another guy on the zeppelin from Orgrimmar to Undercity got stuck in the air right before the zone line. We decided to see what we could do with the toy box. A lot of things just fell to the ground below, including my third image where my balloon acted like a bad yo-yo and just fell, but left me with a very long string.

ovlAtFf.jpg

o4yTRTS.jpg

22bn8Xw.jpg

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
orderhall is a lot less garrison and a lot more class specific quest hub. Garrisons are WOD only they pretty much removed pretty much any reason to go back to them after the expansion. I could still see some doing it as it does have its own hearth stone and easy access to stormwin/ironforge but first thing once you start the legion stuff is you get a dalaran hearth stone and most get a port spell/ability that sends them to their order halls as well.