World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes I have bumped into it a couple times on the isle of giants when I was grinding some pets/mounts/hunter stuff. Times when nothing would spawn at all and nothing was visible NPC wise. This is pretty much how instances were breaking on the beta so I am guessing it is still part of whatever was causing issues there.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I was hoping they fixed it today, I haven't been able to get on yet today but judging by forums they haven't.

I really don't mind the CRZ stuff, but maybe that's just me being on a dead ass server. Hope they fix it before DH comes out!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dungeons no, but tanking in raids you can swap to cat when not actively tanking, setup your bleeds and switch back to bear. This assumes you are Guardian spec with Feral affinity.
Aside from that, not much else.
Except the passive healing you get from Resto affinity is too good to pass up! What is it, like 3% of hitpoints a tick? Yeah, way better than the lame DPS you'll be doing switching to Moonkin or Cat sometimes.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I remember seeing a post about the CRZ breaking for people during Kazzak and there were well over hundreds of players trying to take him down at once.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Except the passive healing you get from Resto affinity is too good to pass up! What is it, like 3% of hitpoints a tick? Yeah, way better than the lame DPS you'll be doing switching to Moonkin or Cat sometimes.

As a raider I would agree resto is the best tank affinity. For soloing though feral is pretty damn nice. Still a cat is more likely to take bear form than visa versa. It is nice in feral mode to have the OH SHIT button of you pulled to much stuff dot it up and then swap to bear and then bear tank it to death.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
...if fun.

Yeah, that's the kicker. If. Hope so.

And...I say hope so, because you bastards are making me want to play again. I'll only have interest in playing one class and fingers are crossed that there's enough content for a few months of entertainment. Don't give a damn about pet battles or collecting mounts. Already Horde, so I may x-fer to Hyjal.

Just investigated the Warrior weapons a bit; why would they give Fury spec two 1h weapons when so much of the abilities revolved around two 2h weps?

Malkav

French Madman

Except that from what I read over at mmochamp, the tooltip is incorrect and bears only get 1.5%/tick.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just investigated the Warrior weapons a bit; why would they give Fury spec two 1h weapons when so much of the abilities revolved around two 2h weps?

What? The Warrior Artifact is 2x2h. And the spec is now built around 2x2h since SMF is gone. And none of the abilities revolved around 2h. If anything, imo, fury should of been 2x1h and kept something like SMF as the artifact, but oh well.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What? The Warrior Artifact is 2x2h. And the spec is now built around 2x2h since SMF is gone. And none of the abilities revolved around 2h. If anything, imo, fury should of been 2x1h and kept something like SMF as the artifact, but oh well.

Then I've been reading it all wrong. Looking at notes for Legion, there are skills in Fury that specifically mention 1h and 2h. And, the pictures looked like little 1h weapons for the artifacts, but that could have just been the models, I suppose? Doesn't matter either way, was just confused.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider

For bear it's 1,5% and the tooltip is wrong. You gain a fuckton of dps by shifting to cat rake and rip all your energy bar and shifting back to bear. The 1,5% every 5 seconds is completely useless and laughable unless you have no healers, which means you're soloing.

The only thing to remember is to build a little rage before taunting back for iron fur.

Resto affinity is not very good for a tank.

Crone

For bear it's 1,5% and the tooltip is wrong. You gain a fuckton of dps by shifting to cat rake and rip all your energy bar and shifting back to bear. The 1,5% every 5 seconds is completely useless and laughable unless you have no healers, which means you're soloing.

The only thing to remember is to build a little rage before taunting back for iron fur.

Resto affinity is not very good for a tank.
I get what you're saying, and makes sense. The Feral DPS is nothing to laugh at, and can be done pretty quickly. But last I had checked Icy Veins, and Noxxic, both suggested taking the Resto affinity if you were going to be tanking? Were they basing it off wrong tool tip information? If so, it seems odd that 1.5% would change much of their opinion but probably would.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I get what you're saying, and makes sense. The Feral DPS is nothing to laugh at, and can be done pretty quickly. But last I had checked Icy Veins, and Noxxic, both suggested taking the Resto affinity if you were going to be tanking? Were they basing it off wrong tool tip information? If so, it seems odd that 1.5% would change much of their opinion but probably would.

Bear tooltip is fucked up since that talent has been changed a few times. Bearcat currently boosts dps by a 25 to 30% amount on live servers, so level 100 and all that jazz. The rotation is quite convoluted, but it provides good numbers. You can reach a total of 12 or 13 shapeshifts per minute, you really need to get familiar with it.

A log to check it out: not mine :)
Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I'm just screwing around on random specs just to see changes and stuff and a lot of QOL things that I'm like 'why did they not add a talent that does X' and lo and behold log onto beta and it's an artifact perk.

This is kind of obnoxious - it's like they took core functionality out of specs just to have neat shit to put on an artifact weapon. Quite frankly most of them are kind of uninspired after a fashion anyway. It's all OK so far but you know there's going to be a massive overhaul for Return of the Red Lich King to get this shit sorted out without the artifacts in play.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It's almost as if they pared down the spellbooks just so they can dangle those abilities as carrots over a expansion's worth of content!

Crone

So I was thinking about MM/BM Hunter vs Fire Mage, and I think my hang up is how easy it is to quest as a Hunter, and how OP you feel. Things die so quickly while questing that having to actually cast a spell feels so annoying! Hence why initially Hunter wins out for over Mage, as the questing to 100 just goes quick and easy and feels good. Log over to the Mage, and I'm like wtf is this cast shit... ughhhh... and of course, with no pocket tank, it's not quite as OP.

Gotta play the long game though and realize a very small fraction of my play time is gonna be spent leveling!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn....I was away for a while. I only have 7,500 gold and my ilvl is only 647. Guess there's some work to do.