World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I'm prepared for launch. Twelve classes at 100, questlogs cleared out, inventories cleared out a bit (still need to free space on my main and clear out his bank), now all I do is sit in invasion zones on the current lowest ilvl alt and wait for chests to get that .1% dps increase for launch questing.

I hope their servers hold up. Oh and I hope it's not queue city like in WoD where I had to log in at home before leaving for work if I wanted to play after work.

Yup I am about in the same boat. I have all but one slot at level 100 with one at 90 just need to delete all remaining quests from random WOD stuff and then I am set.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's fine, mastery got hotfixed back to buffing Attack Power.

Also, expansion launch is the only reason left as to why I'm glad to be on a backwater wasteland server. There's been connection issues/bottlenecks for every Expansion, but I've never had the server down a high enough % of the day to stop me from levelcapping right away. Even the WoD Garrison stuff... I just booked it out of the garrison as soon as the game let me, then never went back. As long as you didn't use any flight paths that went over the garrison you were fine.

I think given they are splitting up the garrison type thing into class specific areas so they are more of them and more spread out and the fact you can do any of the leveling zones in any order it may be pretty decent on launch. The big question is can you get into dalaran/get your quests and GTFO okay. If that is doable then it should be fine but I think for the first week dalaran is going to be the major bottleneck and I would strongly recommend checking in chat before jumping to it once you are past that stage to see how it is holding up.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Beware Prot pally, that spec can be played while wearing pants on your head while you jerk off and eat a sandwich. Boring as fuck and you can't fail.

Also I've heard on the high end guilds that Prot warrior is insane and a must have.....especially because of how insane ignore pain is.

Oh yes ignore pain is stupidly silly especially if talented to improve it. If you have your timing down right you will wind up with nearly your full health bar showing up as a damage absorption shield doing invasions. They are the only tank I have managed to go without dying on the final bosses of the invasions while holding agro the whole time without a dedicated healer. Between what random heals people throw out and ignore pain I was holding my own.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh I am not talking about the starting area problem. I am talking about 3,000,000 Resubs all hitting the live servers at once in conjunction with everyone else. This won't ever change, and it has happened with the last 5 expansions. Just trying to manage expectations :) I wouldn't take any time off work for the launch like some people do, only to not log in for 3 days until everything settles down.

I don't recall any launch issues in Wrath or Cataclysm which were the last two expansions I was around for on launch day.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looking forward for the Legion Leveling ReReBro Party going down tomorrow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Guardian druids have a ton of AE power potential even without mastery buffing your AP. Levelling as a tank spec is about pulling a ton of shit and AEing it down and also the odd multi person quest that you can solo because you're unkillable.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do you think that leveling Druid as Guardian will be AIDS or not so bad?

All the things I have read for any melee spec, is that leveling tank will be the fastest way to level. As per the google doc that was posted (no less than three times) in this thread, leveling with the pack of people this week will be more about getting taps and staying high on health, than actually killing stuff; the other dps around you can do the killing. At least 5 people can all be on the same tap, the major frustration may happen if you are in an area with a bunch of the opposite faction, as there is no cross faction taps for non-bosses.

Needless

Toe Sucker
how does the artifact power shit work anyway? can you level as WW for example, horde your AP and just dump it into your mistweaver artifact or something?

I still can't decide what the fuck to roll... i'm so sad Ret is in such a shitty position, that was my #1 thought once legion was announced :( maybe i should just give Unholy a whirl tonight, i wanna hit shit with a big sword god damnit.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Damn it, I have nothing at all to do this week and I tried to sleep in and still got up at 10am. Maybe I'll nap later just so I can play more and lag a lot tonight and go to bed angry anyways

I neeeeeeeeed it already

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The amount of AP required to unlock traits increases as you dump AP into an artifact. That being said the key, baseline 13 traits cost around 1000 AP which is not that much overall.

For monk, leveling as WW is by FAR the most efficient way to level. Thus putting 1000 points to get the first 13 traits is beneficial then you can dump the rest into the Brewmaster or Mistweaver artifacts for actual use.

That's my thought anyway. I could be wrong.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How fast is leveling in legion generally? Will we see the first euro 110 even before US servers activate the expansion?

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was planning on going to bed early and waking up at 3AM but I don't know if I can even fall asleep that early
I get up at 2:55 every work day to run, so debating taking off, getting up, running, then playing(or trying to) all day. Just don't know if it will be worth it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
How fast is leveling in legion generally? Will we see the first euro 110 even before US servers activate the expansion?

I was looking into this online and most people said it ranges between 12-18 hours. I would assume it's closer to the former?

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm

Yes. On beta it took about 8 hours max to get to 110 just by questing. Probably could get that down to 6 hours without picking up treasures, killing rares that are off the path.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was looking into this online and most people said it ranges between 12-18 hours. I would assume it's closer to the former?
Maybe your first time through, reading every quest, etc. But not for those of us who have leveled multiple 110's on beta.