World of Warcraft: Current Year

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's not just legendaries, it's the entire loot system is shit.
Nah. Outside of needing extreme titanforge rng jesus blessings to outgear content you haven't even tried yet (like only doing normal raids but getting a 875+ilvl) it's not even too bad.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
The amount of herb farming or gold required to raid 3 nights a week is nuts. 12 flasks and roughly 120 pots for 12 hours of mythic raiding. Have a few guildies that are thinking of quitting over the time/gold requirement already.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I mean sure it was silly to nerf them, its good to have choices(And I bet they increase them again later in expac) but it's funny reading someone whine about one thing and then want to turn around and do the exact thing they complain about.

Except I did no such thing. Running one character through quests, one character through Dungeons, or another through PVP isn' the same as having to run every character through every fucking quest in the game. One is variety, the other is not and it's exacerbated by the fact that there aren't enough zones to allow you to do different ones on different characters like in previous expansions. Right now every single character basically levels on rails.

I'm not sure what your metric is for "keeping up to date," but if it's AP, the catch-up mechanic is in effect and works well. I hit 110 on my hunter a few days ago and he will be at AK3 Friday (~2 days per AK rank). A couple months from now fresh 110s will be able to unlock all the traits that significantly improve performance within a week or two with minimal effort.

At launch I often equated AP to AAs in EQ. Now I'm thinking AP is more like a sneaky f2p timegate that gives you the illusion of continuous character progression. If you want to be first and ahead of the curve, your time investment in AP farming will be significant. If you want to "just keep up," all you need to do is log in once or twice a week to collect your AK research. The AP items that used to give 200 will soon be granting 10k+.

I fail to understand how that is anti-casual.

Logging in once or twice a week isn't exactly playing the game. I routinely raided with multiple characters for years in this game, this expansion makes that vastly more difficult than previous expansions. I feel like some of you still have these EQ notions of what an alt is, but lots of us play multiple characters at a time and Legion pretty much kills that unless you have no job or you just want to log in here or there until your AK knowledge builds up.

Legion has been great but I'm starting to realize that Blizzard's idea of more content just means the same amount of content with time gates attached to drag it out.

Anyway, just saw this post from Blizzard so at least they are working on some of it, although you'll still have to do most all of it anyway just to level.
207482275006 said:
Reputation will not be made account-wide, no, but we will be easing a couple of linked features with 7.1.

First, Court of Stars and The Arcway will now unlock account-wide once each individual dungeon is completed once on an account.

Second, World Quests will no longer have the "friendly" reputation unlock requirement for secondary/alt characters. Once you hit 110 on an alt, you will immediately receive a quest to speak with Khadgar to receive your Flight Master's Whistle and unlock World Quests, as long as you've already unlocked World Quests on your main.

Hope this answers your concerns! :)

So basically alt's can ignore Suramar when 7.1 hits which is better than nothing I guess.

• 1Solidarity

Bizazedo

Lord Nagafen Raider
So basically alt's can ignore Suramar when 7.1 hits which is better than nothing I guess.
On the bright side, once you hit exalted with any rep now, the rep tokens you get from follower missions become bind on account. I am already shifting my Highmountain and Nightfallen tokens to alts.

• 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Many of you guys sound like me. No idea why I login aside from being bored sometimes. After playing this game, casually, for far too long....I don't give a shit anymore. I actually can't believe I participate in an online game with the age and education level of the average WOW player.

All of you guys hardcoring for "skins".... Hah. I don't give a shit if my character is swinging a pair of old nasty saggy titties.....I don't get the whole skin thing. Guess a huge sparkly sword can make some feel more powerful?

Basically, game sucks balls. It will always, always,be in this purgatory of balance. If you're not unhappy now, your time is coming.

Cybsled

Rare skins is no different than WTF op sword of doom: They're swag that show that you have something other people don't. So basically an extension of real life lol

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Many of you guys sound like me. No idea why I login aside from being bored sometimes. After playing this game, casually, for far too long....I don't give a shit anymore. I actually can't believe I participate in an online game with the age and education level of the average WOW player.

All of you guys hardcoring for "skins".... Hah. I don't give a shit if my character is swinging a pair of old nasty saggy titties.....I don't get the whole skin thing. Guess a huge sparkly sword can make some feel more powerful?

Basically, game sucks balls. It will always, always,be in this purgatory of balance. If you're not unhappy now, your time is coming.

Im playing b/c my gf asked me to and b/c i have enough free time to do so. Im only salty b/c i havent seen a legendary drop and im sure by the time i get one it will likely be one of the stupid ones that has no reason to be on the dps table. I couldnt begin to even consider playing this to do achievement runs or chase weapon skins and ive in and out since beta.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Im playing b/c my gf asked me to and b/c i have enough free time to do so. Im only salty b/c i havent seen a legendary drop and im sure by the time i get one it will likely be one of the stupid ones that has no reason to be on the dps table. I couldnt begin to even consider playing this to do achievement runs or chase weapon skins and ive in and out since beta.

Loud and clear brother!! I agree!!!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
A bit more than that. My alt was played relatively infrequently for two weeks (read "had a perma-bar of rest xp"), and knowing you needed rep with all factions meant I dropped two zones mid-point to make sure I was going to get enough reputation to friendly so that I would go to Suramar immediately at 110.

Otherwise, if I was finishing the zones, I would probably be barely starting the last one at 110.

It wasn't a problem with the main, no rest XP meant he had the last zone half-finished, but for alts, you need to structure your gameplay around the "unlock WQ" requirement.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh let's be honest. All those subs will just play another character to max level. We can all complain about how much we hate what Blizzard did to end game but they absolutely fucking nailed the leveling process. There has never been an MMO that was more fun to play any class, no matter what is, to max level. That is their bread and butter.
Except by your 3rd alt, it fucking blows donkey. I can't fucking stand any of the Legion zones for leveling anymore, and I had your same opinion when leveling my first. But I suppose 3 110's is a bit different than most.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
3/7 mythic now... Still no legendary or hidden artifacat skin across either of my two tanks (Dh, Druid) so both are gated behind RNG bullshit. It sucks so hard because right now you run tons of dungeons but I bet that'll be a burnout in a couple of months. Can't imagine wanting to farm the 100 dungeon unlock hiden appearance at this point, so am really salty I can't get either hidden skin to drop :/

Upped my ilvl from 854 to 865 in 1 raid night due to full hc clear and 3 bosses on mythic though, so that was pretty nice. Strong bear!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Personally I really fucking hate AP and how it locks you in to playing a certain spec/class.
It really doesn't. It's hard to PUG raids as a tank so I started putting stuff in to my healer side. I got two gold dragons in less then 2 days of casual play (i.e. - using the app to farm artifact power while at work, doing all the world quests with AP and my one random heroic per day). I would say that gearing out a spec to be able to raid normal and heroic raids in 4 hours is pretty good.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am just levelling my Monk now (holy christ WW is nuts) and its enjoyable but I'm putting some distance between levelling my mage and now doing this and making sure to take it in small doses. This seems to be working well as it has been long enough for some of the sidequests to feel refreshed, especially the ones that don't have a WQ counterpart.

I have no interest in the hidden skin for Arcane Mage (my main Mage spec) as I find the whole screaming sheep thing a bit silly.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having rested exp for alts makes them so easy, especially once you get the exp missions in your order hall. I downloaded Conslegion and it literally tells you the stuff that's required so you can skip all the other side quests.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Having rested exp for alts makes them so easy, especially once you get the exp missions in your order hall. I downloaded Conslegion and it literally tells you the stuff that's required so you can skip all the other side quests.
My alt went from 101 to 102.5 just on follower missions while at work all day yesterday and the day before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I haven't played since Cataclysm release but did I just read that right? WoW is basically progressquest now?