World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it weird that I still read Temple of Veeshan every time people talk about ToV? :(

Anyway, where the fuck do I go to get some decent class discussion?
I tried Icy Veins, but it's all but completely deserted. I tried MMO Champ, but it's not much better. I read some people in this thread talk about Discord, but that shit is a far cry from an easy to read forum. Besides, there is almost as much circlejerking going on as here. Is there seriously not just one EJ-like site that has non retarded people talk about how to git gud, instead of B.Net forums-like drivel?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
SimC vs AMR was discussed earlier in this thread and I've switched to AMR for a couple of reasons:

The priority lists, at least the ones I've looked at(warrior, druid, ret pally, rogue) are complicated and almost impossible for a human to play. Some are also needlessly complex and redundant. The priority lists are probably still a bit too complicated but they are much less so compared to SimC and their interface is so much easier to use. So, if you don't understand what something is doing on the list, you can probably find out.

Second thing is that we're 3 months into the expansion and whatever idiot is maintaining prot warrior still hasn't figured out how to do Ignore Pain. SimC thinks warriors don't get rage through absorbs(they do) and they are vastly overvaluing the "heal" from IP, making versatility more valuable to AC, which is laughably wrong. AMR has this interaction correct and the resulting stat weights seem much more reasonable.

Last thing is that I like AMR's tanking metric:

NPS - A more robust tanking metric - Mr. Robot's Blog

It's admittedly unintuitive but it basically boils down to:

NPS = mitigated damage + (self-healing + max health increases)/2

So why are both self-healing and max health only given half value? Short answer: a damage reduction or absorb is basically twice as good as either: it both makes the hit smaller and reduces external healing required on you — the damage literally disappears. Self-healing makes it so other people don’t need to heal you, but does nothing to reduce the size of incoming hits. Max health is the opposite: it reduces the relative size of incoming hits, but does nothing to reduce the healing that you require.

From what I can tell, the metric doesn't take into account healing received increases, like druid's mastery.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've stopped simming altogether. I don't trust the output and even started beating my expected sim dps by a healthy margin on single target fights.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're referring to catweaving on Ursoc? That does seem like a pain to sim. I'll admit I'm less concerned with tank dps, so I haven't tried that aspect of either.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I waited until 2am to try to find a pug for +10 on a monday.. only one I could find was Arcway with a melee group

(we did it though, and I got a 2% pants upgrade!)

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ion described ToV as bosses 8, 9, and 10 of the tier. I believe he was speaking to the difficulty of the encounters.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ion described ToV as bosses 8, 9, and 10 of the tier. I believe he was speaking to the difficulty of the encounters.
Yeah I remember that. Normal is weird in that both Odyn and Guarm are tard mode and then helya is much more difficult. Heroic we only did for about 45 minutes but we weren't getting very far. We're a heroic guild though so technically it should be tuned to us. I
Still think the jump in difficulty in heroic is a bit high.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
7/7 Mythic EN guilds where having trouble in Heroic TOV so I think it's just overtuned.

The problem is the loot needs to be brought inline with it.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
7/7 Mythic EN guilds where having trouble in Heroic TOV so I think it's just overtuned.

The problem is the loot needs to be brought inline with it.
Well. The entire expansion is one big loot problem. I'd say normal helya felt like a heroic boss and heroic Odyn felt as if it was bordering mythic level.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Odyn looks like an Everquest model from POP era. Once you see it, can't unsee. That awful pixel cycling beard like something from VGA era.

That p2 slog is ridiculous on healers.

Guarm should get a shield when he runs around in circles so everyone can feel equally useless.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Odyn looks like an Everquest model from POP era. Once you see it, can't unsee.

That p2 slog is ridiculous on healers.

Guarm should get a shield when he runs around in circles so everyone can feel equally useless.

That is the first thing I said when I saw him, The whole Halls of Valor instance reminds me of something i'd see in POP it's basically Halls of Honor.