World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Odyn is fucking everywhere too. He's in my class hall. If i run HoV there he is again. Oh here he is to greet you at stormheim. Oops. Also a raid boss.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Seems like poor design given that the new class they rolled out is melee. Let's punish those that rolled this new fun class by never allowing them to be invited to raid groups!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Interrupts? Honest question, I've run EN once and all of the dps was melee(even the hunter!), so someone else that knew the fights better was likely doing any important interrupts.

Part of picking druid as my alt(and likely my main over warrior) is that they have tank and ranged dps spec. Now, I'm still not sure I like boomkin yet. Feels kinda squishy in multi-target situations that my fury warrior just laughs and murderlizes everyone in 2 seconds. But to be fair, feral dps can go fuck itself and is equally squishy in multi-target.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Interrupts? Honest question, I've run EN once and all of the dps was melee(even the hunter!), so someone else that knew the fights better was likely doing any important interrupts.

Part of picking druid as my alt(and likely my main over warrior) is that they have tank and ranged dps spec. Now, I'm still not sure I like boomkin yet. Feels kinda squishy in multi-target situations that my fury warrior just laughs and murderlizes everyone in 2 seconds. But to be fair, feral dps can go fuck itself and is equally squishy in multi-target.

I play moonkin. 30 points into my artifact. Your AOE never really takes off unless you pick specific talents for doing AOE, but then your single target dps plummets. I can do 1.2 mil AOE and 160k single target, or 400k AOE and 270k single. There's no way to balance both, ironically. The rotation feels better and better the more haste you pick up. It's one of those classes that doesn't feel natural until you have a specific level of gear (30%+ haste).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah everything was bumped and normal Helyas aoe was supposedly nerfed. I still think they purposely made it too hard so that people will have content for awhile.

For interrupts there isn't a whole lot to interrupt in en.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Seems like poor design given that the new class they rolled out is melee. Let's punish those that rolled this new fun class by never allowing them to be invited to raid groups!

This shit I don't get. DH is based very hard on movement and there's a LOT of raid fights where they can easily zoom into AOE and take way more damage than they need to. Some of it is on the player of course, slightly better positioning always helps, but one way or another eventually you're going to be taking avoidable damage just for part of your rotation. Not sure what they were thinking.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah everything was bumped and normal Helyas aoe was supposedly nerfed. I still think they purposely made it too hard so that people will have content for awhile.

For interrupts there isn't a whole lot to interrupt in en.
Pretty sure only interrupts that are needed are sister adds on Cenarius and Death Glare tentacles on tree

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I play moonkin. 30 points into my artifact. Your AOE never really takes off unless you pick specific talents for doing AOE, but then your single target dps plummets. I can do 1.2 mil AOE and 160k single target, or 400k AOE and 270k single. There's no way to balance both, ironically. The rotation feels better and better the more haste you pick up. It's one of those classes that doesn't feel natural until you have a specific level of gear (30%+ haste).
Is haste predominantly the best stat? The sims I've run say it's the best, but only just barely over crit. Mastery and versatility are close behind too. I'm actually enjoying playing a class where not only is main stat by far the best, but the secondaries are all relatively balanced too.

My point was more that fury doesn't necessarily have more AOE dps, they just have crazy burst AOE. If I'm questing as moonkin and have 3+ targets, it just takes a while to moonfire/sunfire everything then lunar strike up to 50/60 AP for starfall. During all that I'm getting beat on.

I'm still getting used to the feel of this spec, so assume I'm playing at least part of it wrong. Staring at cast bars has never been my favorite part of the game. BUT, moonkin does quite well on a very important personal metric: shit to watch and hotkey. Stuff that falls under shit to watch: debuffs on target, self buffs, ability cooldowns, resources. Moonkin has a moderate amount. Empowerments, new moon charges, moonfire/sunfire duration, and AP resource. Feral has way too many. Props to whoever can hack feral dps in a raid setting. Prot warrior has a bit too much stuff to watch too.

As for hotkeys, my preference is to limit it to 18 abilities that REQUIRE hotkeys. Q, W, R, T, A, G, Z, X, V + shift. 1-5 kinda count, but I usually use them as hotkeys that you press moderately as 1-5 aren't as easy to press while moving as the others. By my measurements, prot warrior requires 20 hotkeys, guardian 17, fury 17-20, feral 18-19, moonkin 16-17. Obviously talent specs can change that range. But it shouldn't be surprising that specs that require a high amount of "shit watching" also require a high amount of hotkeys.

I've played this game for years but I just can't optimally play spec like prot warrior or feral without tunnel visioning and missing something else like shield block uptime, standing in fire, or incorrectly guessing when to ferocious bite.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is haste predominantly the best stat? The sims I've run say it's the best, but only just barely over crit. Mastery and versatility are close behind too. I'm actually enjoying playing a class where not only is main stat by far the best, but the secondaries are all relatively balanced too.

My point was more that fury doesn't necessarily have more AOE dps, they just have crazy burst AOE. If I'm questing as moonkin and have 3+ targets, it just takes a while to moonfire/sunfire everything then lunar strike up to 50/60 AP for starfall. During all that I'm getting beat on.

I'm still getting used to the feel of this spec, so assume I'm playing at least part of it wrong. Staring at cast bars has never been my favorite part of the game. BUT, moonkin does quite well on a very important personal metric: shit to watch and hotkey. Stuff that falls under shit to watch: debuffs on target, self buffs, ability cooldowns, resources. Moonkin has a moderate amount. Empowerments, new moon charges, moonfire/sunfire duration, and AP resource. Feral has way too many. Props to whoever can hack feral dps in a raid setting. Prot warrior has a bit too much stuff to watch too.

As for hotkeys, my preference is to limit it to 18 abilities that REQUIRE hotkeys. Q, W, R, T, A, G, Z, X, V + shift. 1-5 kinda count, but I usually use them as hotkeys that you press moderately as 1-5 aren't as easy to press while moving as the others. By my measurements, prot warrior requires 20 hotkeys, guardian 17, fury 17-20, feral 18-19, moonkin 16-17. Obviously talent specs can change that range. But it shouldn't be surprising that specs that require a high amount of "shit watching" also require a high amount of hotkeys.

I've played this game for years but I just can't optimally play spec like prot warrior or feral without tunnel visioning and missing something else like shield block uptime, standing in fire, or incorrectly guessing when to ferocious bite.
Are you moving with e s d f or something?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Haste is more important than Intellect until 30% and when you obtain The Emerald Dreamcatcher helm. Once you get ED, Mastery becomes secondary to Int>Haste>Mastery>Vers=Crit. Without ED, it's Haste>Int>Crit>Vers>=Mastery. Basically everyone will tell you to avoid Mastery, but the irony is Mastery will affect 50% of your damage when you get ED since you'll be running with empowered LS/SW ~100% of the time. Also, % damage from Mastery and Versatility just scales and stacks so well compared to Crit, at least until you have 40% Mastery. After that, Vers/Crit are valued more.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are you moving with e s d f or something?
Of course. Forward, back, strafe.

Haste is more important than Intellect until 30% and when you obtain The Emerald Dreamcatcher helm. Once you get ED, Mastery becomes secondary to Int>Haste>Mastery>Vers=Crit. Without ED, it's Haste>Int>Crit>Vers>=Mastery. Basically everyone will tell you to avoid Mastery, but the irony is Mastery will affect 50% of your damage when you get ED since you'll be running with empowered LS/SW ~100% of the time. Also, % damage from Mastery and Versatility just scales and stacks so well compared to Crit, at least until you have 40% Mastery. After that, Vers/Crit are valued more.

Where did you get those weights? I saw that on icy-veins but it hasn't been backed by sims. But at the same time, my gear is quite low.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Weights are done from sims at my gear level, with ED taken into consideration. Just buy yourself a bunch of 100% haste crafted 855's and you'll see what I'm talking about. It took an 885 item with Crit/Vers to beat an 855 with Haste/Mastery. All gems/enchants should be Haste except for one Sabre's Eye of Intellect gem. Rule #1 - Fuck Icy Veins and Noxxic's weighted stats. Increased ilvl and legendaries really fuck with the priority. Join the Balance Discord. Discord