World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That, or they want something to be genuinely rare.

I'm not sure that's the case. Isn't the shoulder enchant applicator thing 50 coins? Would still take most of the expansion for the lucky people to get it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The mount is the only real prize from them and would take literally years to obtain at the drop rate as it is

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
on the legendary subject: I have 4 characters now that each have one. I still haven't gotten a second one on my main which has about 100+ M+ dungeons (including high ones every week for good caches) and all raid content cleared every week, aside from mythic ToV and assfinder. I wonder how long it will be to get a second one on it.

Also, since legendaries are completely RNG here's how lucky I've been so far:
DH Tank (main) - cindaria belt (meh, decent in 7.1.5)
Holy priest (alt #3) - holy ring. Terrible, less terrible in 7.1.5 but probably still not that useful
Guardian Druid (Alt #1 - new main because op) - pants. BIS legendary, very happy about tha
Prot paladin (Alt #2) - Prydaz neck. Shit now, great next patch so am not too bothered by it

I think they should greatly increase legendary chance from hard content, either mythic raids, M+12 or higher or say... 2400+ rated arenas etc. It feels like the best course of action is to spam 2-6 level keys until your eyes bleed and that's to me not very interesting tbh. I'd rather do hard content than grind like a goldfarmer

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Managed to get a second legendary on my Monk, who doesn't have that unlocked so good timing of the 5k order resources weekly quest.

I'm also amused that the "Lavish Suramar Feast" is a ham and some sausages sitting on a few rocks next to a dismembered foot.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Managed to get a second legendary on my Monk, who doesn't have that unlocked so good timing of the 5k order resources weekly quest.
Same for a guildy; relatively casual (plays mostly late evenings) and his comment on Discord when it dropped was "Ok, wife will have to wait for her craft components, the bloods will go to HR now".

(wife wasn't in the raid that night, or it might gone... differently)

Getting a legendary is completely random, even with bad luck protection.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think they should greatly increase legendary chance from hard content, either mythic raids, M+12 or higher or say... 2400+ rated arenas etc.

This is the way they said it works. But who knows. I've run like 500 M+ at this point and done the raids every week but it's been over a month since I've seen a legendary (have 3)

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah there was a blue post about how it's not about playtime, but more about playtime in legendary-eligible content. So someone who plays 10 hours running LFRs, daily heroics, normal diff raids, M+ and daily emissary caches would have significantly more legendaries than someone who just fucks around crafting or something for 20 hours.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
What are the odds that it's actually time-based (instead of kills counted or the like) and overnight afk'ing in a raid zone improves your pity timer?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Making an alt, please help me decide which class and/or spec fits these criteria:

1. High burst single target and AE DPS, but sustained is still competitive.
2. Has a tank or heal spec that doesn't suck. I'm not sure any of the non-dps specs actually suck...maybe brewmaster?
3. Its AE dps doesn't primarily consist of tab-targeting dots. I've tried playing feral and moonkin in dungeons and it's just so boring and frustrating. Frantically tabbing to find the target that doesn't have moonfire or rake is frustrating. Then once you get everything dotted and start ramping, the pack fucking dies. :mad:
Bonuses: mobility and simplicity of rotation

My short list is:
Shaman(I'm assuming enhance/resto, but for some reason, both SimC and amr say elemental has some pretty sweet cleave damage)
Monk(windwalker/mistwalker, though I'm kinda thinking setting up Spinning Crane Kick sounds a lot like tab-dotting)
DK(Frost or Unholy and Blood...not too enthused about tanking as a DK, they seem weak and the rotation complicated)
DH(see DK comments about tanking)
Warrior(already have one at 110, kinda don't like him because Arms is Arms and Fury has some clunky gameplay problems)
Monk is your go to. In regards to sck, the aoe rotation is popping your mirror images, then fists of fury, so you have 3 of you aoe hitting all the mobs and this is building your stacks of sck. And Brikker Brikker is right, sck is further down on the priority because your level 100 talent is aoe as well. But yea, with your mirror images you don't have to worry about it at all. Also, never casting the same spell twice at least feels like variety and not just spamming one ability most of the time (destro warlock).

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Making an alt, please help me decide which class and/or spec fits these criteria:

1. High burst single target and AE DPS, but sustained is still competitive.
2. Has a tank or heal spec that doesn't suck. I'm not sure any of the non-dps specs actually suck...maybe brewmaster?
3. Its AE dps doesn't primarily consist of tab-targeting dots. I've tried playing feral and moonkin in dungeons and it's just so boring and frustrating. Frantically tabbing to find the target that doesn't have moonfire or rake is frustrating. Then once you get everything dotted and start ramping, the pack fucking dies. :mad:
Bonuses: mobility and simplicity of rotation

My short list is:
Shaman(I'm assuming enhance/resto, but for some reason, both SimC and amr say elemental has some pretty sweet cleave damage)
Monk(windwalker/mistwalker, though I'm kinda thinking setting up Spinning Crane Kick sounds a lot like tab-dotting)
DK(Frost or Unholy and Blood...not too enthused about tanking as a DK, they seem weak and the rotation complicated)
DH(see DK comments about tanking)
Warrior(already have one at 110, kinda don't like him because Arms is Arms and Fury has some clunky gameplay problems)

Assuming the ele changes go live from what they are on the PTR then I'll be switching over to ele from enhance. They are already super strong aoe for mythic+ and they burst incredibly hard during their openers and on priority targets during a fight. That won't change. The problem with live is they are absolutely asstastic on single target fights that go far beyond their burst phase, however with the new changes they will be solid middle of the chart single target sustained dps to go with the sick aoe. They also bring probably the best group utility with hex, stun totem, EQ knockdown spam, and a talented group move speed totem. I'd suggest looking in to them if you are primarily looking at mythics with the odd raid here and there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll second that Monk. I main MW and love the hell out of it. In general every spec is fun. I don't know shit about tanking but my brother main tanks our raids (done up to heroic) and there's never a problem keeping him alive unless it's heading for a wipe regardless. He definitely hoovers <40% HP frequently but I guess that's kinda what they do. It freaked me out at first and he told me don't worry about it. The lower he gets the better he tanks he says. If I see our other tanks (warr and a dk) get as low as he does for as long as he does it's panic mode. The dk especially is rough as hell to heal sometimes.
Plus I'm one of those fags that loves seeing Chi Ji hustle around the raid healing people.
I use BrM for non raid stuff and I feel like I could pull an entire zone and be fine. Great aoe dmg for questing shit.
Great looking artifacts to boot!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Assuming the ele changes go live from what they are on the PTR then I'll be switching over to ele from enhance. They are already super strong aoe for mythic+ and they burst incredibly hard during their openers and on priority targets during a fight. That won't change. The problem with live is they are absolutely asstastic on single target fights that go far beyond their burst phase, however with the new changes they will be solid middle of the chart single target sustained dps to go with the sick aoe. They also bring probably the best group utility with hex, stun totem, EQ knockdown spam, and a talented group move speed totem. I'd suggest looking in to them if you are primarily looking at mythics with the odd raid here and there.

Yeah, giving elemental a try. I initially discounted them because everyone rags on their poor raid dps, which I won't be doing much of. Resto shaman seem to bring a lot to mythics too(you left out bloodlust!).

Almost pulled the trigger on the monk instead but their tank spec doesn't seem that great nor does it bring much utility. Mistweaver is ok for a healer, but again, not much utility. Windwalker did look like fun though. Might be my next alt :rolleyes:

How useful is Ancestral Guidance? And do you think the shortening on Earthquake's duration is a buff or nerf(quicker damage, less chance for knockdown)?

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've mained death Knight since release (except now) and it's one of the more enjoyable classes I've played. They'll end up fixing tanking and they'll be Kings again.

Dps rotation is fairly simple too.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, giving elemental a try. I initially discounted them because everyone rags on their poor raid dps, which I won't be doing much of. Resto shaman seem to bring a lot to mythics too(you left out bloodlust!).

Almost pulled the trigger on the monk instead but their tank spec doesn't seem that great nor does it bring much utility. Mistweaver is ok for a healer, but again, not much utility. Windwalker did look like fun though. Might be my next alt :rolleyes:

How useful is Ancestral Guidance? And do you think the shortening on Earthquake's duration is a buff or nerf(quicker damage, less chance for knockdown)?

AG isn't really for ele, you need windfart for movement to keep up max dps. The EQ change is an overall buff for burst aoe might be a slight downgrade in sustained aoe. It deals the same amount of damage in less of a duration. The KD will be the same since you only get one KD per mob per EQ currently. That number will stay the same with the six second duration, it might end up being a buff since you will get a KD within six seconds instead of one possibly at the tail end of ten seconds.

edit:

Another nice thing about ele is that you may end up having three potential builds that parse closely but cater to different play styles and what gear setup you get to drop.

1.) If you have a mastery/haste heavy gear set then you can spec for Path of Flame and ascendance. This build focuses around dumping loads of Lavabursts in bunches, and using earthshock as your primary maelstrom dump. Its also a more sedate rotation.

2.) If you have a more balanced set or leaning toward crit you can run the Icefury build which is much more hectic but has much more reliable sustained dps. It revolves around shorter cooldowns where you use icefury and then dump frost shocks in to the target in conjuction with elemental blast.

3.) The last build is much more mythic centric and lags behind the other two on single target, but if you need to absolutely destroy the aoe packs then you run lightning rod with a higher crit/haste setup.

Builds 1 and 2 still bring strong AoE, just not as strong as the last.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
All the monk hype in here is really making me wanna level one. Currently playing Arms in Mythic EN and if I get a debuff/mechanic in any fashion that requires me to move away from the group during my CD's I'm nearly useless the rest of the fight DPS wise.

Thinking about Havoc DH or WW Monk currently. With Monk looking more entertaining & havoc parsing better. Arms you just mash buttons in many different orders depending on the situation (or sit with no rage, likely), till your wrist develops class-A carpal tunnel. DH's rotation looked a little more relaxed/boring?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Scratching that itch. Fresh account started on Hyjal/Horde. Planning on going Death Knight, with either a monk or pally alt. Demon Hunter not getting great reviews, which sucks as I loved the class in WC lore.

Played a monk to 23 while account verification was going through, and holy hell the exp is so much faster than it used to be (good riddance). Class seems fun, even if none of the 3 specs are any good at the moment. Was surprised to get instance groups at that level, and the BoA gear peeps just run you the content facerolling it (when does this change?). On the other hand, Death Knight n00b zone is as entertaining as ever (even if that exp doesn't seem boosted).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So haven't played in several days because of the holiday/etc. Get on my shit alt druid and knock out some WQs.

Get legendary thrash pants. Why can't I get the good shit on my brewmaster!?

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
@Tenks

send an email to the World Quest designer for WoW, tell them to fire the person who designed the Kirin Tor "Like the Wind" quests.

thanks.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users