World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Speaking of AK are there systems in place to keep you from using the new instant 15 boost then having scrolls banked to jump it even further on fresh 110 alts?
Any AP items you get are valued based on your AK at the time. They will be a few hundred AP each if you started at AK0. There's nothing stopping you from getting AK15 and then turning in a bunch of quests that result in AP items at your now-inflated AK value, though.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I think he was asking if you could store up AK scrolls, then pop a +15, and get +20. Instead of using them, being +5, then only jumping to +15.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I already have the disguise and the portal

Oh I thought when you said you hand't touched Suramar. You REALLY hadn't touched it. Like my druid alt!

I really only have the strength to go through all of the Suramar/faction stuff once IMO!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh I thought when you said you hand't touched Suramar. You REALLY hadn't touched it. Like my druid alt!

I really only have the strength to go through all of the Suramar/faction stuff once IMO!
Im like 2/13 for progress or 4/1e

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A good way to corral casters is by abusing paralyze. Interrupts them then they just run at you and the CD is low. I never had a problem with AE threat so much with Keg Smash/Flame Breath it hasn't been much an issue. The loner I happen to miss I just hit with blackout strike. I've only tanked as druid and BrM though.
Hadn't considered paralyze in that fashion. That prevents them from casting though?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hadn't considered paralyze in that fashion. That prevents them from casting though?

No no. Normally they won't stay paralyzed as you or the group will break it with some other shit right quick. Paralyze is killer for interrupting casting and the abilities that require stuns to interrupt it can also do. Functioning the same as Guttural Roar or whatever on the druid that disorients shit around you for a few seconds.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As long as you aren't running with a bunch of dot classes who then rage at you because it removes all dots

DavivMcD

Peasant
Just echoing this. I run with about 4.7M hp flasked. I can live through a spear, but that's assuming I'm at 100%, which I am never at when I start running from a spear, because I've just been tanking him normally for 10-15s. The first spear is fine because I'll have Shield Wall up. The second one will kill me every single time. We could use an external CD for that second one, in which case, the third one would kill me, every single time, assuming that I'm using Last Stand for some other part of the fight (which is invariably required).

Seems ridiculous, I don't know.
Don't forget demo shout, and pooling rage for an extra ~1 mil or so from ignore pain. I think a rotation of external cooldowns are intended as well. There are a good dozen or so abilities other classes can use to save you from a spear, so you'd have to have a pretty unfortunate raid comp to only have 1 or 2 available. If in doubt, bring more pallies.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
"a pretty unfortunate raid comp"

Yes, I think that describes us fairly handily sometimes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
There is so much god damn shit that instant kills you on Mythic Odyn, we are getting him to like 3% remaining but people keep dying

Hymdals horns - instant kill which is easy to dodge but if you get hit by an invisible ball during phase 2 and hymdall decides to cast his horn gg you're dead
Unerring blast - instant kill if you dont get the rune buff, rng can make this difficult for some slower classes
Stormforge spear - we talked about this warrior mitigation here is fucked
tornados - all over the ground during phase 3 that you have to dodge to get away from the spear, they also hit you for 6 million.
runic brand - phase 3 rune marks if you get close to someone with a different rune you'll one shot anyone that is low on hp (in this case low on hp means less than 70%)

add all this to a floor that you cant see shit on and it adds up to the worst fight in the expansion, i bitched earlier about Mythic dragons being bad but holy shit this fight takes the cake ::jimmies rustled::