World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I lift so much

doesn't matter that DPS legendaries don't *really* affect much outside mythic. It makes the game less fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The "doesn't affect anything outside mythic" argument is popular among people that raid mythic and want to make others feel inferior. It's about as relevant as "git gud, scrub".

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you ain't mythic you ain't shit.

Unless you get lucky with titanforge, coins, legendaries, raid quest chests, etc.

If you ain't mythical lucky you ain't shit.

• 1Solidarity

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
speaking of mythics, I have a 15 maw. Looking to run this tonight after the raid, and grind through it. then use the depleted 15 for guild runs. Tonight we have spots for 1dps and a healer, then ill be on sunday and can run it all night for any one interested.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The "doesn't affect anything outside mythic" argument is popular among people that raid mythic and want to make others feel inferior. It's about as relevant as "git gud, scrub".
It's relevant because you don't need BiS Legendaries to run your daily random heroic.

Peasant.

• 3Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Artifa

N00b
The mythic + loot system is pretty terrible as well. Oh you want 1 piece out of the 16 that drop for your spec at 880+? Good luck doing every m+12 or higher key for that dungeon that you come across until you hate the dungeon and yourself. If you only one chest these dungeons you're talking on average something like 40 runs to get the 1 piece you want. Thanks blizzard, that's what I really want to do, 40 DHT 12 or higher and 40 VotW 12 or higher for a fire relic and a trinket.

• 1Like

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, that requires friends though :(
There is a New Players chat channel or whatever that you automatically join on first starting up the game. Tons of people advertise in there for mount farm so ask and get invited to a group. Then just add at least one person in your party as a friend, and queue up as a WoW inspired character and you're good to go.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The mythic + loot system is pretty terrible as well. Oh you want 1 piece out of the 16 that drop for your spec at 880+? Good luck doing every m+12 or higher key for that dungeon that you come across until you hate the dungeon and yourself. If you only one chest these dungeons you're talking on average something like 40 runs to get the 1 piece you want. Thanks blizzard, that's what I really want to do, 40 DHT 12 or higher and 40 VotW 12 or higher for a fire relic and a trinket.
I basically run M+ only for AP. Targeting loot there is fucking garbage. The only upside of guild groups is we can share the loot.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
im at 40ish NL runs on my monk and still haven't seen the life relic drop (with a stacked group of 3 people who can loot life relics).

thanks rng

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Well, don't forget that you used to only be able to do Mythic dungeons once a week and if you needed one piece of gear off of one boss too fucking bad until next week if it didn't drop.

This system is much better if you ask me. Sure randomized tertiary/warforged/titanforged/socket sucks but you can target a particular piece of loot much better now.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I basically run M+ only for AP. Targeting loot there is fucking garbage. The only upside of guild groups is we can share the loot.
The problem becomes that some of the loot from M+ is BiS. e.g. Melandrus' ring at 870+. Best I've managed is 865 and that was someone else's drop, so if I wasn't running with a guild group, I wouldn't even have that.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
speaking of mythics, I have a 15 maw. Looking to run this tonight after the raid, and grind through it. then use the depleted 15 for guild runs. Tonight we have spots for 1dps and a healer, then ill be on sunday and can run it all night for any one interested.
Depending on what's going on after raid, I am totally on board for this. Why are you talking like it's an automatic failure, though? =)

Artifa

N00b
I mean I generally put a lot of time into my character in MMOs, usually on the more hardcore side of my guild/group. But 40 m+12s trying for a minute chance at an upgrade is just gross to me. Especially considering the keys you get are random, so the only way to reliably farm a specific dungeon is to join pugs in group finder. I usually never have issues running through group finder, I am 902 ilvl equipped and 908 in bag, get accepted easy as tank or dps, and the runs go smoothly for the most part. I just can't convince myself to spam them, even knowing it's probably the best way to improve my character.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You don't really have to. I know that many people have that completionism complex and do it because their OCD nags at them because it's there but you don't have to.

The alternative is how WoW used to be. Having no way to improve your character outside of raids whatsoever other than hitting your weekly "valor point" limit.

They finally put something back in WoW that let's us actually grind something if we want to and I hope they don't remove it because the game was fucking boring without it. It's the only reason I am still playing this expansion. Raiding is cool and all but when there is nothing else to do outside of raiding I lose interest fast.

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Depending on what's going on after raid, I am totally on board for this. Why are you talking like it's an automatic failure, though? =)

I want to keep it at 15, so its the easiest it can be while getting maximum ilvl rewards. So even if we are about to beat it, we are going to let it deplete so others have a chance for 15s as well :D

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I want to keep it at 15, so its the easiest it can be while getting maximum ilvl rewards. So even if we are about to beat it, we are going to let it deplete so others have a chance for 15s as well :D
I'd be down too, but I can only tank