World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It would accomplish the dissolution of a heroic raiding guild. Seriously, don't pull the trigger on Mythic unless you're committed to holding people to a high standard and enforcing personal accountability.

A group that is currently 9/10H will literally never go beyond 3/10M because the rest of the bosses have mechanics that can't be assigned to a handful of good players. Everyone can be targeted and a single player can wipe (or cause to wipe) the whole raid. That's why over 2,000 guilds are stuck at 3/10. More gear can make some mistakes more forgiving, but NH boss design makes gear much less valuable than strategy/execution.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Artifa

N00b
Taking 20 people into mythic one day doesn't make you not a heroic guild anymore. FoH is a heroic guild and probably will always be a heroic guild unless the makeup of the guild changes. Killing 3/10 mythic this tier even doesn't really make you a mythic guild, and I say that as someone 3/10 mythic. To classify yourself as a mythic guild you should really be making progress through mythic raids. I think a lot of guild that went 7/7 mythic EN -thought- they were mythic guilds and then figured out they weren't really, in nighthold.

My guild has a load of people between 40 and 50 traits and not currently farming to get higher. I wouldn't really consider that mythic, even though we are 3/10 in that difficulty. They want to be a mythic guild but they aren't putting in the time required to get over the hump.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I heroically log in every 3 days to heroically pick my flowers in the druid class hall.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think people are just reading into what I wrote a bit deeper than what I meant.

We're a heroic guild looking to dip our toes in mythic. Not literally the toes on our feet, it's an expression. I have no illusions of grandeur of going 10/10M, I don't see us world firsting anything, I don't even know how many bosses wed kill. It's something we are gonna try out a bit.

Yikes

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think people are just reading into what I wrote a bit deeper than what I meant.

We're a heroic guild looking to dip our toes in mythic. Not literally the toes on our feet, it's an expression. I have no illusions of grandeur of going 10/10M, I don't see us world firsting anything, I don't even know how many bosses wed kill. It's something we are gonna try out a bit.

Yikes
If 10/10H guilds are doing 3/10M... I don't see why you wouldn't start trying the first three bosses so you can even just get the loot from it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Gonna be the same ol guild, just trying to add some new stuff. Over the course of the expansion our raid force has stayed pretty stable. Still about 30 people show up on Fridays

Not like that first week of EN where I had to coordinate two groups of 30 that first night... Fuck...

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Gonna be the same ol guild, just trying to add some new stuff. Over the course of the expansion our raid force has stayed pretty stable. Still about 30 people show up on Fridays

Not like that first week of EN where I had to coordinate two groups of 30 that first night... Fuck...
Whoa, those first weeks were a blessong in disguise. We kick @a_skeleton_02 and never had to carry him

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
On another note, FOH is actively recruiting DPS and healers for heroic + mythic raiding.

Ranged DPS, preferably. Unless you're a melee that can gel well with the rest of us dancing fools or avoid standing on Alkoren during Gul'dan fights.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Right. That's what I was saying. Stepping into a mythic raid isn't some declaration that FoH is now a big bad mythic guild.
It's ok. I'm a known complainer so people like to jump on what I say. I get ultra defensive now as a result

Rime

<Donor>
Mythic Skorp is relatively easy. Chronomatic Anomaly can be difficult. Paladin healers really make the fight trivial, though. Trilliax is easy as well, so long as you have plenty of ranged to eat cakes and/or you can hammer it into the heads of the melee to sacrifice uptime to eat cakes.

After that, the difficulty skyrockets.