World of Warcraft: Current Year

Artifa

N00b
Joining a guild I think can only be done if realms are connected due to low pop. Raids on the other hand can be joined cross server from any server. Only nighthold and tov mythic can't be joined cross server. They require all 20 players to be on the same server.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ive got some old e friends i made contact with again. Different server though since i restarted on my old one.

I forgot what was said if they pull me in for casual fill in on raids. Can i join guild cross server and load into their raids while im otherwise cross server? Or is it those little cluster servers. As unguilded i get invite spam from mostly other servers.

As I understand it, you can only join a guild cross server if it is in the same 'server cluster' - Arygos and Llane, for instance, is the one I know off the top of my head.

You can join a raid cross server however, with no restrictions, though I think if there are too many cross server people in a raid it screws up master looting.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ooopss, sorry. It screws something up. RCLootCouncil? I seem to remember that being a problem when I did cross-server stuff.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I rarely see any all-pug groups using loot council as it is, but if there's just a few pugs and a full guild (like we run atm) there doesn't ever seem to be an issue.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So ergo, I'll probably need to xfer. Xfers by character though right..... Can't just move my whole menagerie. Still not quite liking the feel of my warrior anymore leveling so far. So class isup in the air. So far really like revamps of almost every one except maybe my very low lv shaman elemental/healing so far just doesn't feel fun even with heirloom Uber stats.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Re: Tank Balance

Blizzard Class Design: Nighthold Tank Balance, Holy Paladin, Affliction Warlock, WW Monk

Originally posted by Blizzard (View Original)Collapse
The situation around Nighthold, tank balance, and magical damage has spawned a lot of discussion for us in recent weeks, ranging from immediate balance concerns to philosophical issues of how magic damage should be used. We do feel that the damage profile in Nighthold caused tanks to be less balanced than we'd like on a handful of encounters.

Abilities like
ability_warrior_shieldreflection.gif
Spell Reflection and
ability_demonhunter_empowerwards.gif
Empower Wards are no worse than
ability_druid_markofursol.gif
Mark of Ursol, when fighting a boss that does an occasional large magic attack that threatens to cause a killing spike. In fact,
Mark of Ursol is usually weaker, because you trade one activation of
ability_druid_ironfur.gif
Ironfur for it, whereas there's no similar downside to activating
ability_demonhunter_empowerwards.gif
Empower Wards. The time this situation is flipped on its head is an encounter like Krosus, who somewhat rarely does a white autoattack but stacks a heavy consistent magical DoT. In this scenario,
Mark of Ursol is essentially a free no-cooldown anti-magic "cooldown", and we see this as the largest cause of the current behavior of Guardians in Nighthold.

For the long run, a lot of the feedback on this forum has correctly identified some of the challenges and tradeoffs in how this should be addressed. We do want tanks to have variance in how well they handle different situations, but we also want interesting encounters like Krosus and Etraeus that challenge them on unusual axes, all while not making it feel overly bad for a raid group attempting something with the "wrong" tank. That's something we're going to continue to revise for future tiers of content, but of course that more philosophical discussion won't affect Nighthold.

For the short term, we are not adjusting Guardians in the 7.2 patch because 1) we avoid imposing significant nerfs at this point in a tier to a spec that many people have gotten comfortable completing the content with, and 2) the solution is likely not just a numbers change, but more fundamentally rethinking
Mark of Ursol. With that context, the buffs to Protection and Vengeance aren't intended to bring them up to the level of current Guardian, but are intentionally small adjustments to help people who are trying to finish Nighthold now.

As people's focus turns more to Tomb in upcoming months, we welcome any discussion about to what extent people see similar problems arising there, and whether further class changes (beyond reexamining
Mark of Ursol) are warranted for long-term balance outside of the specific context of Nighthold.

Something I wasn't clear enough about above: re-evaluating
Mark of Ursol would still be before Tomb of Sargeras. Other broad class tuning based on PTR testing and other data closer to that point would also take place as usual, at the start of the new raid. But that's one concrete item we can already discuss.

I'm actually laughing out loud reading this. What I got from this is blizzard fucking loves druids.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Re: Tank Balance

Blizzard Class Design: Nighthold Tank Balance, Holy Paladin, Affliction Warlock, WW Monk

Originally posted by Blizzard (View Original)Collapse
The situation around Nighthold, tank balance, and magical damage has spawned a lot of discussion for us in recent weeks, ranging from immediate balance concerns to philosophical issues of how magic damage should be used. We do feel that the damage profile in Nighthold caused tanks to be less balanced than we'd like on a handful of encounters.

Abilities like View attachment 126695 Spell Reflection and View attachment 126696 Empower Wards are no worse than View attachment 126697 Mark of Ursol, when fighting a boss that does an occasional large magic attack that threatens to cause a killing spike. In fact, View attachment 126698 Mark of Ursol is usually weaker, because you trade one activation of View attachment 126699 Ironfur for it, whereas there's no similar downside to activating View attachment 126700 Empower Wards. The time this situation is flipped on its head is an encounter like Krosus, who somewhat rarely does a white autoattack but stacks a heavy consistent magical DoT. In this scenario, View attachment 126701 Mark of Ursol is essentially a free no-cooldown anti-magic "cooldown", and we see this as the largest cause of the current behavior of Guardians in Nighthold.

For the long run, a lot of the feedback on this forum has correctly identified some of the challenges and tradeoffs in how this should be addressed. We do want tanks to have variance in how well they handle different situations, but we also want interesting encounters like Krosus and Etraeus that challenge them on unusual axes, all while not making it feel overly bad for a raid group attempting something with the "wrong" tank. That's something we're going to continue to revise for future tiers of content, but of course that more philosophical discussion won't affect Nighthold.

For the short term, we are not adjusting Guardians in the 7.2 patch because 1) we avoid imposing significant nerfs at this point in a tier to a spec that many people have gotten comfortable completing the content with, and 2) the solution is likely not just a numbers change, but more fundamentally rethinking View attachment 126702 Mark of Ursol. With that context, the buffs to Protection and Vengeance aren't intended to bring them up to the level of current Guardian, but are intentionally small adjustments to help people who are trying to finish Nighthold now.

As people's focus turns more to Tomb in upcoming months, we welcome any discussion about to what extent people see similar problems arising there, and whether further class changes (beyond reexamining View attachment 126703 Mark of Ursol) are warranted for long-term balance outside of the specific context of Nighthold.

Something I wasn't clear enough about above: re-evaluating View attachment 126704 Mark of Ursol would still be before Tomb of Sargeras. Other broad class tuning based on PTR testing and other data closer to that point would also take place as usual, at the start of the new raid. But that's one concrete item we can already discuss.

I'm actually laughing out loud reading this. What I got from this is blizzard fucking loves druids.

Christ that is painful. I actually laughed out loud at the comments about affliction locks. Which were essentially "yea you are going to do shit damage the entire fight for all attempts and good luck trying to get into mythic+ dungeons"

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
No he's right, if the group is not 80% from the same server you can't use master loot
From the same guild, not just same server. We run a casual raid, and have people from a friendly guild that has raided with us since LK, well before any cross-server stuff. When we have 3 of them, the master loot is cancelled (and I usually forget to reset it to group loot, so Skorp is almost always personal loot).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This cloak is so good that I don't use my tier cloak

Rather than bring up the tier cloaks, they nerf the cloak
I sort of understand that though... they'd have to buff every tier cloak, which also means they'd buff the non-healing versions as well. In this case it's simply one item is just far to powerful.

I could understand if it were a legendary...

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
or just leave it like it is? they like to say "we made the tier set have 6 pieces for more opportunity to swap things out" #designspace.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess I just think it's a completely unnecessary nerf. It's a good item and you'll need to decide if you want 2pc + 4pc or the cloak

Artifa

N00b
With kara getting added to m+ drape is probably gonna be bis the rest of the expansion. Even with it getting cut in half it will still surpass any other cloak except maybe a 4pc set bonus + other tier 2pc bonus.

It doesn't surprise me that it's getting nerfed. I'm pretty sure it's stronger than most legendaries for holy pally at least.