World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LOL @ that video, did you guys really kill Kil'jaeden on a space ship? Holy shit this game jumped the shark after I left.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Also all of the other Naaru ships in BC, and Tempest Keep, etc. So, yeah, they've been in game for some time.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
On heroic the first 3 bosses are laughably easy, all 1 shots.

Goroth is the same as he is on normal you just rotate him 180 degrees if one side fills with flame
Demonic inq is just a tank and spank, we used 3 tanks but i dont think its required, we used the whirlwind as the tank swap mechanic
Harjatan was just a quick rotate at 100 energy and move out of puddles

then the fights start getting a little more difficult

Mistress took us about 5 wipes mainly due to Hydra shot and people not knowing where to soak. the fight gets very cluttered very fast especially in phase2. if the tank with burden of pain gets hit with a hydra shot its GG as it takes about 75% of the raids total health away. the little eels do shadow damage so off tanking them isn't an issue. this fight is going to be a pain on Mythic.

Sisters is pretty awesome, This fight can be solo tanked as the only tank swap mechanic on heroic is the moonglaive and if youre fast you can drop the debuff from it by crossing the Lunar Boundary. we had 2-3 wipes once again from soaking, there is a lot of "stand in this straight line" mechanics in Tomb. healers here definitely have to plan their healing cooldowns around bursting the shields on people or it will easily wipe the raid. this fight on mythic is going to be rough, as every time someone crosses the lunar boundary it does raid wide damage and you cant simply just run back and forth constantly.

desolate host - this fight is very complicated and is hard to explain to people concisely, we had people asking after 2 wipes wtf do i do? basically you split the raid into 2 halves you have half up and half down. the half up have to deal with the desolate host (the big cage on the wall) and the half down have to deal with the shadow priestess that both share HP. people up and down cannot see each other, but if they come within 8 yards they pulse for ~1 million damage. the adds that are Up periodically put up bone armor which reduces the damage they take by 95% this is broken by someone down that has the shattering scream debuff stacking on the adds. the issue here is that you cant see the adds on the other side so you have to pre-setup a spot for the down person with the debuff and the up person with the adds to meet (we used the middle of the room). the only other big issues in the fight is everyone that is down with the exception of 2 healers and 1 tank has to leave whenever the dark priestess does "wailing souls" its a minute long channel that pulses damage (very low damage). occasionally during this phase people Up will be teleported Down and they will need to leave the spirit realm by clicking the water bowls. you rinse and repeat until the priestess and the host are at 30% (they share hp). at this point a marrowgar add spawns that has to be tanked immediately. during this phase you need to continue killing the priestess and the giant cage on the wall (they still share hp) and then burn down the marrowgar guy. he rotates through 2 different Aoe's and both have to be soaked, the first is always soaked by people Up and the second is always soaked by people Down. this ability is also the tank swap mechanic for the fight as the aoe does falloff damage.

we ended raid there so we'll get to see Heroic Maiden tonight, when we logged off we were number 20 in the world (lol heroic progression) with 6/9H and 9/9N.

KJ on Normal is a bit boring since the 2 intermission phases where he flies around and does dreadflame really only means you stack in the middle and spread for the circle flames so its really just hanging out and waiting for him to land. i'm sure there will be adds / other bad things on heroic and mythic difficulties. overall i like the raid better than nighthold and i think the encounters (even considering the mythic mechanics) seem a bit more even across the board.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have a feeling that everything is leading to more of a United Nations sort of world government. The current 'faction heads' of Sylvanas and Anduin are pretty terrible and significantly less qualified than many of the members of their respective councils.

I would much rather see a unified group consisting of Khadgar, Valen, Thrall, Loremaster Cho, Gallywix, Mechatorque, Moira Thaurissan, Greymane, Baine, Lor'themar etc. as a planetary government.

Then again we have yet to deal with Madame Psychobitch AKA Jaina Proudmore...I'm sure she's going to come back as some sort of Old God warped bitch queen

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Didn't know you guys were gonna check heroic out! Wouldn't came back

I need to start doing dailies again I suppose for more legos. I don't really like the new holy paladin helm, it barely ever procs but I'm holding out for my 2pc that makes Light of Dawn have a smaller CD so we shall see
Nah did it myself much late r

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Most of these fights are really boring on Normal and Heroic. The sisters fight is going to be absolutely obnoxious on Mythic unless I get a super high end graphics card I'm guessing. It's very, very hard to see the different colors on the ground and the arrow for the spear is tiny as shit. Couple that with the camera doing weird things when you try to pan out to see more and ugh.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Horde and Alliance will work together until they each build a fort within sight of each other in one of the next expansion's zones. That will restart tensions. No idea why they keep building so closely!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was going to easily beat Chromie's scenario finally this morning, but then:

- Chromie got stuck inside a tree in Well of Eternity and caused several mobs to evade for about 2 minutes
- Went into Andorhall with my scroll to skip it, and couldn't interact with the NPC. I tried leaving/re-entering, same result. Time ran out.

Standard Blizzard quality that we've come to know and love. Doesn't someone here work at Blizzard or something? Go smack the coffee out of someone's hand this morning. If it's your fault, throw your coffee on the ground in shame.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Argus in the sky is a pretty awesome way to tease the next major patch. Still can't believe they are doing Argus as a patch to Legion instead of a full additional expansion.

Just saw some people posting on MMO-Champion to the effect of "Are we ever going to see the horde again? Why wasn't there an orc in that cinematic??"

I'm thinking: "Yeah welcome to what it felt like playing Alliance with Metzen in charge..."

Honestly though, there really is zero reason for there to be any remaining Alliance vs. Horde bullshit. Everyone is working together 24/7 in the class halls and in all the 'save the planet' plotlines to an even greater extent than before. They had to manufacture tension with the whole Sylvanas / Greymane bit to justify the continued PVP game but even that plot seems to have slipped away.

I know they really need to let cross faction grouping be allowed. Sure you don't go to ogrimar if you are an alliance but you sure as shit are hanging out with them pretty much every where else. It just makes zero sense to maintain the hard separation at this point. let PVP stay as it is I am sure there are enough lore grumpy bastards who would still go horde vs alliance but overall there is far more cooperation between the factions than conflict.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Most of these fights are really boring on Normal and Heroic. The sisters fight is going to be absolutely obnoxious on Mythic unless I get a super high end graphics card I'm guessing. It's very, very hard to see the different colors on the ground and the arrow for the spear is tiny as shit. Couple that with the camera doing weird things when you try to pan out to see more and ugh.

Blizz partnering with nVidia

ITS IN THE GAME

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Argus in the sky is a pretty awesome way to tease the next major patch. Still can't believe they are doing Argus as a patch to Legion instead of a full additional expansion.

Just saw some people posting on MMO-Champion to the effect of "Are we ever going to see the horde again? Why wasn't there an orc in that cinematic??"

I'm thinking: "Yeah welcome to what it felt like playing Alliance with Metzen in charge..."

Honestly though, there really is zero reason for there to be any remaining Alliance vs. Horde bullshit. Everyone is working together 24/7 in the class halls and in all the 'save the planet' plotlines to an even greater extent than before. They had to manufacture tension with the whole Sylvanas / Greymane bit to justify the continued PVP game but even that plot seems to have slipped away.

I missed the last few expansions. Tldr on what's happening. Like thought you had the cinematics of the sides teaming up but they sylvanas fucks the king and runs off? Never made a lot of sense the undead generally running around in such huge numbers doing all kinds of sketchy shit and horde not caring despite the experiments etc being enimical to the living.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also all of the other Naaru ships in BC, and Tempest Keep, etc. So, yeah, they've been in game for some time.

I think people kinda glad over them since they looked so absurd. Didn't exactly have visuals like in legion of them firing and acting like battleships. Granted I actually love how they sorta look like chaos ships from 40k. Need some model merchandising.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On heroic the first 3 bosses are laughably easy, all 1 shots.

Goroth is the same as he is on normal you just rotate him 180 degrees if one side fills with flame
Demonic inq is just a tank and spank, we used 3 tanks but i dont think its required, we used the whirlwind as the tank swap mechanic
Harjatan was just a quick rotate at 100 energy and move out of puddles

then the fights start getting a little more difficult

Mistress took us about 5 wipes mainly due to Hydra shot and people not knowing where to soak. the fight gets very cluttered very fast especially in phase2. if the tank with burden of pain gets hit with a hydra shot its GG as it takes about 75% of the raids total health away. the little eels do shadow damage so off tanking them isn't an issue. this fight is going to be a pain on Mythic.

Sisters is pretty awesome, This fight can be solo tanked as the only tank swap mechanic on heroic is the moonglaive and if youre fast you can drop the debuff from it by crossing the Lunar Boundary. we had 2-3 wipes once again from soaking, there is a lot of "stand in this straight line" mechanics in Tomb. healers here definitely have to plan their healing cooldowns around bursting the shields on people or it will easily wipe the raid. this fight on mythic is going to be rough, as every time someone crosses the lunar boundary it does raid wide damage and you cant simply just run back and forth constantly.

desolate host - this fight is very complicated and is hard to explain to people concisely, we had people asking after 2 wipes wtf do i do? basically you split the raid into 2 halves you have half up and half down. the half up have to deal with the desolate host (the big cage on the wall) and the half down have to deal with the shadow priestess that both share HP. people up and down cannot see each other, but if they come within 8 yards they pulse for ~1 million damage. the adds that are Up periodically put up bone armor which reduces the damage they take by 95% this is broken by someone down that has the shattering scream debuff stacking on the adds. the issue here is that you cant see the adds on the other side so you have to pre-setup a spot for the down person with the debuff and the up person with the adds to meet (we used the middle of the room). the only other big issues in the fight is everyone that is down with the exception of 2 healers and 1 tank has to leave whenever the dark priestess does "wailing souls" its a minute long channel that pulses damage (very low damage). occasionally during this phase people Up will be teleported Down and they will need to leave the spirit realm by clicking the water bowls. you rinse and repeat until the priestess and the host are at 30% (they share hp). at this point a marrowgar add spawns that has to be tanked immediately. during this phase you need to continue killing the priestess and the giant cage on the wall (they still share hp) and then burn down the marrowgar guy. he rotates through 2 different Aoe's and both have to be soaked, the first is always soaked by people Up and the second is always soaked by people Down. this ability is also the tank swap mechanic for the fight as the aoe does falloff damage.

we ended raid there so we'll get to see Heroic Maiden tonight, when we logged off we were number 20 in the world (lol heroic progression) with 6/9H and 9/9N.

KJ on Normal is a bit boring since the 2 intermission phases where he flies around and does dreadflame really only means you stack in the middle and spread for the circle flames so its really just hanging out and waiting for him to land. i'm sure there will be adds / other bad things on heroic and mythic difficulties. overall i like the raid better than nighthold and i think the encounters (even considering the mythic mechanics) seem a bit more even across the board.
Werd thanks. We won but generally had no idea what was going on

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
We finished heroic split #1 last night at 7/9 and we'll have to see how far heroic split #2 gets on Thursday.

The amount of random deaths with people killing each other across realms on Desolate Host was hilarious. But I really felt that was the first fight in there on heroic that finally had some mechanics to it.

Maiden was really fun as it's Twin Val'kyr + Thaddius in one and it was very satisfying to finally get it down as the last pull of the night.

Also got really lucky with legion command supply caches (I had about 20 some saved up) and got the new fury lego pants. I just have to wait until I can use them with T20 as breaking my current T19 4p right now to use them is somewhat of a loss.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I missed the last few expansions. Tldr on what's happening. Like thought you had the cinematics of the sides teaming up but they sylvanas fucks the king and runs off? Never made a lot of sense the undead generally running around in such huge numbers doing all kinds of sketchy shit and horde not caring despite the experiments etc being enimical to the living.

Cata = Deathwing comes, everyone bands together, horde and alliance can't stop fucking with each other but nothing major major happens.
MoP = New island gets discovered, horde and alliance fight each other for resources/pandaren allies, eventually Garrosh eats some bad brownies and becomes pawn of the old gods and alliance and horde have to attack Orgrimmar 'together' to kill him. Instead the hold a trial and a bronze dragon breaks him out of jail and they escape to Draenor 35 years earlier.
WoD = Garrosh takes tons of new tech with him and remakes the original horde, you fight in alternate timeline Draenor to prevent alt-old-Horde with new tech from invading current timeline Azeroth. Horde and Alliance divide along racial lines (Draenei vs Orcs). At the end, alt-timeline Gul'dan (who hadn't been killed yet) escapes back to current timeline Azeroth.
Legion = Alt-Gul'dan goes to Tomb of Sargeras and assists Legion for another invasion. H+A team up, Varian and Vol'jin die in opening battle, Alliance thinks Horde betrayed them so war were declared.