World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
To people who tank a lot, do you reposition yourself through back pedaling or not?

Yes, being able to slightly adjust the boss position for ideal placement of your melee behind the boss is a best practice. Even in LFR. Seen other tanks on Avatar, stage 2, not even pull the boss to a position where melee can hit it without standing on the tank (they leave him standing in the green). Stupid stuff like that is bad tanking.

I may actually give tanking a shot on one of our fun runs. Bears are stupid easy, so as long as I don't fuck up a taunt, the rest of the tanking mechanics are straight forward in normal.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Due to monks solo tanking NH they ensured there was a tank swap on every fight and sort of phoned it all in.

Only interesting bosses to tank are avatar and KJ

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
You should never backpedal you move too slow doing that and it can lead to you getting gibbed especially for mechanics that require precise positioning (mostly mythic) like Guarm. you can strafe to the side at an extreme angle, still move full speed and never present your back 180 arc.

you can solo tank Goroth, DI, Harjatan, Sisters, Maiden (harjatan only on normal unless you have crazy dps, the rest can be done on Heroic). Taunt swaps are present on every fight however, just a lot of it can be ignored except for those that stack to ridiculous numbers.

For Avatar his fall off damage from ruptured realities in the top phase is steep so you really only need to move maiden a very small distance from him even without cooldowns youre pretty safe.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Got back in to the game right before ToS hit and I've been enjoying most of it so far. I do have to say that doing NH every week for trinkets is possibly the worst thing ever. I mean sure you get the extra AP/Lego chances but god it sucks hoping for a forged Whispers on my lock or CoF on my warrior for fury.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You should never backpedal you move too slow doing that and it can lead to you getting gibbed especially for mechanics that require precise positioning (mostly mythic) like Guarm. you can strafe to the side at an extreme angle, still move full speed and never present your back 180 arc.

you can solo tank Goroth, DI, Harjatan, Sisters, Maiden (harjatan only on normal unless you have crazy dps, the rest can be done on Heroic). Taunt swaps are present on every fight however, just a lot of it can be ignored except for those that stack to ridiculous numbers.

For Avatar his fall off damage from ruptured realities in the top phase is steep so you really only need to move maiden a very small distance from him even without cooldowns youre pretty safe.
Yeah I've solo tanked sisters. I guess goroth is easy enough, the others don't really seem worth doing.

Stuff like soloing guldan was beneficial

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got back in to the game right before ToS hit and I've been enjoying most of it so far. I do have to say that doing NH every week for trinkets is possibly the worst thing ever. I mean sure you get the extra AP/Lego chances but god it sucks hoping for a forged Whispers on my lock or CoF on my warrior for fury.

Got whispers on the lock. However week 4 of normal/heroic and even LFR for elisandes trinket for the rogue and nothing. It's not even close how BIS that trinket is. There is no substitute.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Depending on the level of precision needed, of course. A slight adjustment, moving backwards is fine. Running across the room, yeah, I'm not gonna backpedal.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think ToS finally killed my guild.

3 raid nights in a row not having enough on to raid Mythic.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ben-Affleck-Oh-Brother-Gif-In-Dogma.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We started mythic in NH, got to 3/10 and we were just ghosted. Since the start of expansion we've probably lost 60 raiders total.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Got whispers on the lock. However week 4 of normal/heroic and even LFR for elisandes trinket for the rogue and nothing. It's not even close how BIS that trinket is. There is no substitute.

Same with fury. You run that and glaive off sisters pretty much... well aside from winning the lotto and getting a 890+ arcano from either jim or the 5k shard trinkets. Arms isn't as dependent on it, but then again arms is still top three dps even with the leggo helm/ring nerfs.

xzi

Mouthbreather
KJ feels kind of retarded with the overlapping purple orb and meteors at the exact same time. A totem or druid roar helps but what kind of fuckhead decided those two should go off at the same time?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
KJ feels kind of retarded with the overlapping purple orb and meteors at the exact same time. A totem or druid roar helps but what kind of fuckhead decided those two should go off at the same time?

Probably the same dudes who play using a Wacom tablet

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Probably the same dudes who play using a Wacom tablet
Yeah I love that dude. I love micromanaging my brews. The definition of fun!!

If anyone's guild is falling apart, I think they should give FOH a chance. Sure, we cannot soak Armageddon for shit but goddamnit do we look cool doing it

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I wonder if the new ethereal models in PTR for Argus stuff is a precursor to having them as a new neutral race in the next obviously Void-ish expansion.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
We're progressing now on Mythic Mistress. There's a point in this fight about the 7 minute mark where you get an overlap of hydra shot, tornado and the middle of the room insta gib whale thing all at once. It is not very fun.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I feel you Slaythe, Mistress feels like "the wall" to me.

the purple orb and Armageddon overlap isn't that bad, i think every class has some kind of movement increase now just need to spec into it.

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm

we now have 2 fury warriors, we can stack Commanding shout for that if we want. Last night i was using it when the adds would pop, but we can move it around etc.

Commanding Shout
Instant 3 min cooldown
Requires Warrior (Arms, Fury)
Requires level 80
Lets loose a commanding shout, granting all party or raid members within 30 yards 15% increased maximum health for 10 sec. After this effect expires, the health is lost.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also it was our first night on him so I'm not too salty. Although a little. I always have a little packet of salt with me

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user