World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
So, I've got a 920 lock, 916 hunter, and a 915 dps warrior. You guys have any specific needs for your raids right now? I'm thinking of moving one over to Hyjal.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Probably ranged, we tend to have a decent cluster of melee. Hunter maybe since we only have one, maybe two, steady. More turtles might help too.

Last edited:

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'd say hunter over lock, yeah, but either would be helpful. Warriors don't really bring as much to the table aside from Commanding Shout, but they're good dps. We've been melee heavy in the past.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got whispers on the lock. However week 4 of normal/heroic and even LFR for elisandes trinket for the rogue and nothing. It's not even close how BIS that trinket is. There is no substitute.

For my Sub rogue, I replaced my 890 Convergence of fate with a 920 Umbral Moonglaves. They were simming within 5% on single target, and the glaves are far better for AoE and pretty much all M+. Of course, that may change if I ever get the damned lego bracers, and then 3 relics with Soul Shadows (they need each other to sim so high). If you are running heroic or mythic ToV, I would think about cutting LFR and normal Elesande, if they are causing some burn out. The chance of getting a titanforged 900+ CoF seems far too remote when a plain ol 925+ Specter of Betrayal and even a Engine of Eradication are going to be aprox the same or better than CoF.

For reference, according to DMB, I killed Elisande 21 times (7H & 14N) before I quit that tier (using a bonus roll each time), and only remember getting CoF ~2 times, with 890 being the highest.

As an aside, I was told there is a blue out there on bonus rolls. I guess it uses the same mechanics as Lego bad luck protection. The first bonus roll is really low chance, then builds up as you keep using them. Anyone else read that post?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also it was our first night on him so I'm not too salty. Although a little. I always have a little packet of salt with me

Sounds about like our first night on heroic KJ, phase 1, phase 1, phase 1, phase 1, phase 1...
ohh...
ohh...
ohh...
we might see phase 2...
nope, Chuck Testa...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sounds about like our first night on heroic KJ, phase 1, phase 1, phase 1, phase 1, phase 1...
ohh...
ohh...
ohh...
we might see phase 2...
nope, Chuck Testa...
It was more like phase 1 phase 1 oooh 42%, dead to soaks dead to soaks x 1000

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Biggest problem we had with Armageddon at first was people moving out too early. There are plenty of timings where Bursting Dreadflame or Focused Dreadflame go off just before Armageddon is about to cast and juke people into thinking the Armageddon is what hit them and then they move.

We actually have someone in the guild call "Stay, Stay, Stay, Stay, Armageddon hit Ok you can move"

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I think I'm going to start doing that. Even I fell for it once.. fucking blizzard

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Biggest problem we had with Armageddon at first was people moving out too early. There are plenty of timings where Bursting Dreadflame or Focused Dreadflame go off just before Armageddon is about to cast and juke people into thinking the Armageddon is what hit them and then they move.

We actually have someone in the guild call "Stay, Stay, Stay, Stay, Armageddon hit Ok you can move"
I was thinking of channeling onyxia guy

WHO THE FUCKKKKK WAS THAT

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You literally have to wait for the audio of armageddon to go off. The visual isn't timed to the actual effect, which is also bullshit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On my screen I just watch it hit me and get out. People get confused with the other meteor I think

Troll ability by blizz

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If anything were to kill my buzz for transitioning to mythic it's definitely the perpetual recruitment.

I feel like if I'm not refreshing /r/wowguilds all day I'm missing on dps that other people snatch up.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If anything were to kill my buzz for transitioning to mythic it's definitely the perpetual recruitment.

I feel like if I'm not refreshing /r/wowguilds all day I'm missing on dps that other people snatch up.
I find guilds via wow progress, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So make sure that's updated as well.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We've had two people come from wowprogress. But of course they take a vacation and permanently fucking disappear.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
People just hate going down in progress at the moment. Which is what killed us transitioning over and joining you guys (and lack of some spots), it led to us moving to Illidan.

the guild i'm in at the moment wont even look at recruits that aren't 3/9m because there is a level of perpetual bad with players that are looking to Mythic raid but sit at the mid heroic level. This is not a knock to people who only want to raid heroic, or people who are pushing heroic content, its just the fact of dps who got all of their heroic kills in pugs at the moment and are looking for guilds aren't exactly the cream of the crop. the best places to look for new recruits is to search for smaller guilds that are of an equal or greater progression level and talk to them about merging or assimilating. if you can find another heroic guild with good parses that is running 14-16 people it shouldn't be hard to make a mythic A team out of them.